EAST HICKMAN VS. LORETTO

eaglepride

Well this will be a battle of the winless teams.....somebody will win, East almost beat Harpeth last night . The Eagles played thier best game to date, They Scored first, led the entire game, playing great until in the 4th Quarter. It looks like fatigue got the best of them, I was very proud of them and the way they played, they almost sent the Harpeth Indians down the "Trail of Tears" . Next year it will happen. This Friday, Loretto will come to East to a greatly improved Eagle Squad................ East 38 Loretto 21 Eagles will celebrate the first win friday. I can feel it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this will be a battle of the winless teams.....somebody will win, East almost beat Harpeth last night . The Eagles played thier best game to date, They Scored first, led the entire game, playing great until in the 4th Quarter. It looks like fatigue got the best of them, I was very proud of them and the way they played, they almost sent the Harpeth Indians down the "Trail of Tears" . Next year it will happen. This Friday, Loretto will come to East to a greatly improved Eagle Squad................ East 38 Loretto 21 Eagles will celebrate the first win friday. I can feel it.

East Hickman will win this one.They are getting better and better. D fense will need to play good. Loretto is one of the worse teams in 2-A. East needs to win this one because this week is their last chance to win a game.

East Hickman has more seniors than Harpeth. More juniors too. Harpeth had 5 starters sitting for injuries or disciplinary reasons. They played well and took advantage of a Harpeth turnover to have a 2 pt lead at half. The Eagles gave up 212 yards passing and 140 yards running. Harpeth had a 100 yard runner, a 150 yard reciever and a 200 yard passer. Hardly on the ropes. The games are 4 quarters long. You don't get extra credit for winning a quarter or a half.

Loretto wins by 14.

East Hickman has more seniors than Harpeth. More juniors too. Harpeth had 5 starters sitting for injuries or disciplinary reasons. They played well and took advantage of a Harpeth turnover to have a 2 pt lead at half. The Eagles gave up 212 yards passing and 140 yards running. Harpeth had a 100 yard runner, a 150 yard reciever and a 200 yard passer. Hardly on the ropes. The games are 4 quarters long. You don't get extra credit for winning a quarter or a half.

Loretto wins by 14.

those are weak excuses............ East should of won that game, You were on the ropes, face it,I will laugh when Fairview send you poor Indians down the "Trail of tears" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Just because you almost lost to a first year team dont make excuses...... Harpeth was talking about "WINNING OUT" Ha no way ........ Fairview will rip you guys apart............dont make excuses for that either when it happens.

No. One guy is talking smack about winning out and the rest of the Harpeth fans have tempered that with realistic posts. We're all fans here.

Not making excuses, Harpeth has 7 seniors and 8 juniors. The rosters I had showed East Hickman with 9 seniors and 12 juniors I believe. Those are facts, or at least if the rosters printed are correct, they're facts. Our Jr. DT/G tore up a knee against Lewis Co. and is out for the year. Our Jr. TE/DE is out 10 days. Senior FB/LB out for a one game suspension. Junior LB out for a one game suspension. Senior DE/G sat out 3 quarters for disciplinary reasons. Started a freshman at DE/FB, another one at DT/G. No excuses. You play with what you have. Harpeth had 5 starters out and won by 11.

East played well I thought and Coach Parsley is a heck of a coach. Hats off to East, but you're a year or two away. I'd like to see what those East boys that stayed at Hickman could have done for your squad.

No. One guy is talking smack about winning out and the rest of the Harpeth fans have tempered that with realistic posts. We're all fans here.

Not making excuses, Harpeth has 7 seniors and 8 juniors. The rosters I had showed East Hickman with 9 seniors and 12 juniors I believe. Those are facts, or at least if the rosters printed are correct, they're facts. Our Jr. DT/G tore up a knee against Lewis Co. and is out for the year. Our Jr. TE/DE is out 10 days. Senior FB/LB out for a one game suspension. Junior LB out for a one game suspension. Senior DE/G sat out 3 quarters for disciplinary reasons. Started a freshman at DE/FB, another one at DT/G. No excuses. You play with what you have. Harpeth had 5 starters out and won by 11.

East played well I thought and Coach Parsley is a heck of a coach. Hats off to East, but you're a year or two away. I'd like to see what those East boys that stayed at Hickman could have done for your squad.

I am picking Loretto in a close game. (GO MUSTANGS)

What roster were you looking at ? The only Sr. on the team that actually plays is # 21 unfortunatly he plays both sides of the ball and exaustion led him to get burned a few times while playing safety in the 4th quarter, and there is 1 other that punts # 71 . besides that no other Seniors play, i dont think there are any more on the team. did you not notice that East Hickmans line averaged 150 lbs ? Harpeth has some huge kids, those Freshmen and sophmores held them all night until fatigue set in 2 min into the 4th quarter, as far as juniors..... I think there may be 4 on the team, all your kids that were the key players were freshmen and sophmores. The only reason Harpeth won was fatigue, Coaches are great and did what they had to do, kids just got tired. If they would have had some fresh legs to help # 21 , and 1 or 2 line players, East would of won that game.

What roster were you looking at ? The only Sr. on the team that actually plays is # 21 unfortunatly he plays both sides of the ball and exaustion led him to get burned a few times while playing safety in the 4th quarter, and there is 1 other that punts # 71 . besides that no other Seniors play, i dont think there are any more on the team. did you not notice that East Hickmans line averaged 150 lbs ? Harpeth has some huge kids, those Freshmen and sophmores held them all night until fatigue set in 2 min into the 4th quarter, as far as juniors..... I think there may be 4 on the team, all your kids that were the key players were freshmen and sophmores. The only reason Harpeth won was fatigue, Coaches are great and did what they had to do, kids just got tired. If they would have had some fresh legs to help # 21 , and 1 or 2 line players, East would of won that game.

East played a good game. I'm not taking anything away from them. The team rosters are what they are. I don't know about who starts and who doesn't other than #24. He moved to East from Harpeth and is a great kid. The printed roster that they were giving out at the game is all I have to go on. East has more seniors and juniors than Harpeth does according to that. Playing 4 quarters is part of it. Harpeth has stayed with plenty of teams for a half or 3 quarters over the last 4 years, but they didn't close the deal. This year they have.

As far as sophomores go, the guy that threw for 212 and the guy that caught 7 passes for 168 yds and 3 TD's are sophomores. 3 of the starters on the line are sophomores, both corners. My point is that Harpeth is just as young as East.

East played a good game. I'm not taking anything away from them. The team rosters are what they are. I don't know about who starts and who doesn't other than #24. He moved to East from Harpeth and is a great kid. The printed roster that they were giving out at the game is all I have to go on. East has more seniors and juniors than Harpeth does according to that. Playing 4 quarters is part of it. Harpeth has stayed with plenty of teams for a half or 3 quarters over the last 4 years, but they didn't close the deal. This year they have.

As far as sophomores go, the guy that threw for 212 and the guy that caught 7 passes for 168 yds and 3 TD's are sophomores. 3 of the starters on the line are sophomores, both corners. My point is that Harpeth is just as young as East.

your roster must have been made up to make you guys feel better about barely beating a Freshmen/ Sophmore team . There is only 3 rostered Seniors, out of those 3 only 1 actually plays the whole game. I wish we had more Seniors, but the 2 more we had quit before the first game , one was supposed to be the Q-back and took all the snaps all spring.........all summer......all the way up until game week then quit, sorry case there, but coach is doing well with the curve that was thrown to him. There are more juniors but not many, the juniors that are playing I think only 2 actually start on the line, no backs or recievers in the junior class. They were all Sophmores and Freshmen, the team you will be playing tonight is all freshmen and some young sophmores.