Farragut Baseball/ Recruiting

Guest ilwmgn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rynobb777

Who is this that keeps talking about Farragut baseball in a degrading way? I don't know if there is any recruiting or not, but if i had to guess I would have to say no. Why dont you be a man and tell us who you are? LATER

Guest 3DTornado

Farragut does not recruit, atleast in the manner maybe a private DII school does. They are a large school that puts alot of time, effort and Money to all their athletic programs. They have a large pool of athletes. They attract coaches and teachers in the same manner. Their baseball coach is a very good coach who is dedicated to the best program he can. It is by hard work and this dedication they are at or near the top in baseball and for that matter in most all their sports. If that attracts athletes to move in, so be it.

I moved back to Knoxville after 13 years out of state. I went to another West Knoxville high school and wanted to live in the area of town where I grew up....so I, like many parents, did a little homework. 1st I looked at where my son might get a good education.....Farragut is rated a blue ribbon school by the state of Tennessee when it comes to academics. 2nd it has a terrific student base of good kids, and "oh by the way" 3rd a "quality" baseball program with a "quality coach" who works hard to create a "quality" atmosphere for his players. So, just like many people who research where they would like to go college or get a job.......I saw the local enviornment, the educational facility and the baseball program were I wanted my son to play ball....by doing the research.....and if a family wants to pick up and move....which is never a inexpensive endeavor....so their son can play under these conditions......."Quality" is always the best, most effective, and most silent recruiter.

Guest onthefield

just because people move to go to another school does not mean they were recruited. good players move on their own to go to a school with a good program so that they will get better and have a better shot at winning a state title. good luck admirals from murfreesboro

by running a solid program based on structure, self discipline, and a respect for the game.

Coach Pharr will NOT kill young arms and treats "everyone" equally.

It is impressive when you see families sell homes and move to the Farragut Community, just to part of something.

That something is the FHS Baseball Program.

Coach Pharr probably did his best job this year with a Freshman and 3 Sophmores on the field at times. Second place again is hard to take, but in perspective of what graduated, another fine job and looks good for the future!!

Guest DeeRock

farragut recruited their centerfielder last year and one of their starting pitchers. I know of several players that have been conacted about playing for them. I do believe that they recruit. They are a good team, but it seems to me that would make things less special. Maybe if they werent so conceited they would win the title instead of being runners up every year. People are already talking about "next year". Maybe they would produce a title if people wouldnt build them up to be unbeatable. Any team in their district can win on any given day. I would like to hear good things from other teams in the district when they beat the mighty farragut.

Of course it's wide open for next year....that's why they schedule the games....and I will assume that you will play in them....any given day....any given team. Granted they haven't done it....but they do play for it every year.....but next year is still up for grabs. The center fielder last year was a Soph.....who went to Farragut elementary, Jr, etc....I assume you meant 2 years ago when Traylor played at Farragut....and I can only take your word that you were part of the negotiation....let's just leave it for the players to play it out next year.....best team wins.

Deerock, Matt Traylor was not recruited. His parents were divorced and he went to live with his mom who teaches at west valley with my mom. You have no idea what you are talking about. Please get your facts straight. And as for people building us up, we were picked fourth in the district preseason this year. and not ranked in the state.

[Edited by JimmyKelly35 on 6/4/02 7:55A]

Guest DeeRock

dude....farragut is a very good baseball program. Im just saying that all their players havent grown up in the farragut system. They are a good team.