Farragut Baseball/ Recruiting

Guest ilwmgn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might just say farragut is lucky cause they have picked up some good players that have just moved to the area. brad isom moved from south carolina this year. the dh moved here three years ago from oakland, and I've heard that a great mcallie pitcher is moving over here as well. another reason I know recruiting isn't going on is because coach pharr is one of the most honest people that I have ever met in my life. so he wouldn't do anything dishonest. he's a good christian man that most everyone respects.

West Knoxville is a very transient part of Knoxville. People are constantly moving in and out from other portions of Knoxville as well as from other cities and states. In many neighborhoods in West Knoxville (Farragut) the average length of stay for a homeowner is about 4 years before they either move to a different city entirely or another neighborhood within West Knoxville or surrounding area. Therefore, when you have parents moving in and out, you also get the highschool kids that move in and out with them.

What up pjwoody?

Guest ilwmgn

But doesnt anyone find it suspicious that Farragut gets about 2 players a year? I know of Traylor's parents divorce but if coach pharr had any contact whatsoever with matt then it was illegal. I find it odd that they have added DeAlejandro, Isom, and Russell from other schools. I'm curious to know where Woodroof moved from and am also curious about Isom. I was told that the kid lived in another part of Knoxville, moved to S.C., and then returned to Farragut. Now someone should really look into coach pharr's methods because if he discussed baseball with this kid, it was illegal. Understand this, some people may not view recruiting as it really is in high school sports. I hope you all know that a coach may have no contact with a child moving into the area, before he has enrolled in a school. I still think Farragut recruits, but to those players raised in the system good luck in the upcoming year.

Several people spoke with Brad's father on why they moved to Farragut instead of back where they lived before in N. Knoxville....what he told us was that he asked one of the Dad's they played youth ball with and were told to go to the Farragut area for 3 reasons....1) was the eventual resale of their home, 2) the quality of the educaion at this school in Knox Co., 3) the baseball program was excellent......who told him this - Lovett's Dad from Central.

Guest DeeRock

Im gonna to have to agree with you. I dont think farragut is extreme with recruiting. You are right that as little as talking with players is illegal. I dont know the scenario of what happened two years ago. All I was told is that they were approached. Yes, this might be a rumor, but some people have told me that they were contacted by farragut about a possible switch. This is high school, not college. I really dont see the point in switching schools. If you are a true athlete, you can deal with losing every now and then, and find a good school at the next level!!!

ilwmgn, if you're curious about brad isom, let me clear it all up. he lived in the halls area for 7 years, first to seventh grade. then his family moved to s.c. for three years because his dad got transferred because of his job. after those three years, his dad got transferred back to knoxville with his job. his father did his homework and found a good community for his four children to grow up in with good schools and good baseball programs, from little league all the way up to high school. he heard nothing but good things about coach pharr and the baseball program at farragut, not to meantion that they just came in second in the state. so you're telling me that if you had a son moving to knoxville and you heard all of that about a school you wouldn't want him going there? give me a break man and quit speculating on things that you have no idea about what happened.

Guest ilwmgn

And another thing, I know for a fact that DeAlejandro was contacted, and if anyone wanted to pursue this topic they would come up with something.

Please, if you're gonna speculate then you shouldnt be running your mouth in the first place. Facts would be good, which you obviously have none; therefore, making you full of crap. And Delejandro was not recruited. If you want the full story so bad then give Jeff a call, i'm sure he'd be more than happy to tell you.

ilwmgn, if you don't know the whole story, then keep your mouth shut. if you want to speculate on a situation, find out what really happened before you start making false assumptions. obviously you have no respect for a good baseball program when you see one. I suggest that you find out facts before you shoot your mouth off again on farragut baseball and their recruiting.