Farragut Baseball/ Recruiting

Guest ilwmgn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with parents moving their kids to a school with a great sports program like Farragut has. I have NO idea of the situation that you are talking about, but I do know how anytime a good athlete ends up at a school where others envy, there will be talk of recruiting. This happens all across the state. Parents choose a school for their kid because of the baseball, basketball, football, etc program and all of a sudden the kid has been recruited. Big deal if a coach speaks to a prospective athlete. I would bet that the parents do their research and don't choose a school or a community based on the coach speaking to the kid. Let it go and wish the athlete good luck. Too much jealousy and resentment among so-called adults when it comes to sports. If my family were to move to Knoxville, we would most definitely move to the Farragut community... Why? Because my son plays baseball and my daughter plays basketball and where else in Knoxville can offer the great programs that Farragut does in these two sports?

[Edited by tnwareagle on 6/21/02 10:37P]

This is one of the worst things i have ever heard. Coach Pharr is one of the best coaches in the nation and has one of the best talent pools in the nation. He came into a good situation when he came here, and has only made it better. Why don't you look at the field before he came here and look at how it is now. That transformation should give you an idea of how hard he works, and he works even harder with the team. You don't understand how good these players are and how long they've played together. This upcoming year we've been talking about since we were in middle school. You can't help that people are smart and look at good schools for their kids to go to when moving to an area. Farragut is a dominating force in baseball and will continue to be for the upcoming years.

it's good to know that Farragut can win at something; that's about the only thing they are good at over there. Seriously, you guys have 23,000 something students probably more. You have to be able to field good sports teams with those kind of numbers. Advice, stick to that baseball, it is all the success you will have.

Do people with the name dirtydwag have problems or something? Why don't you all try to find something to do other than trashing farragut. Other than one idiotic comment i've seen from another admiral, no one from FHS has been trashing you all on these boards. Do you have self-esteem problems and you need to trash us to feel better about yourselves?? Get a grip on life and quit your yappping. And no 23,000 kids do not attend farragut.

• 3 weeks later...

Stone,

Thanks for the positive remarks about the program at Farragut. It is because of our coaching staff and facilities (maintained lovingly by Pharr himself I will add) that quality kids want to play with a quality program. Win or lose in the years to come the Admirals will not need to recruit. Farragut is a growing part of Knoxville and new families are moving in everyday....and like you and I have said, parents will do their research. Sounds like you could not covince your son to come to Farragut....oh well good luck to you both anyway at Baylor/McCallie/Notre Dame...whichever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest caligula

Did i read this correctly, did LaRue Isom transfer to Farragut???? Isn't this his last year, how did he get from M'West to FHS?????????? West isn't bad. OH wait he is a jr.?????

[Edited by caligula on 7/29/02 7:15P]

• 4 weeks later...