7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that talk about the towers from Lebanon makes me think of one thing...Keep lookin' up and you might miss Brooks dribbling through your point guard's legs! Just kidding. Seriously though, Lebanon will bring a lot to the table. They have been working hard in the off-season and will be more comepetitve than last year. Should be fun to watch. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Blue, you are right. Thought brooks was a Senior last year. Brooks is a good player and should be mentioned as a definite contributor to the success of the team.

While I did not see either of these teams play, it is rather evident that Cookeville and Riverdale with both be in contention for the District title after seeing both teams at Franklin County. it would appear that there will be possibly six teams in contention for the top 4 slots coming out of District this coming year. This could be a very competitive year.

While I did not see either of these teams play, it is rather evident that Cookeville and Riverdale with both be in contention for the District title after seeing both teams at Franklin County. it would appear that there will be possibly six teams in contention for the top 4 slots coming out of District this coming year. This could be a very competitive year.

I see Cookeville going undefeated in the district.

I see Cookeville going undefeated in the district.

That is a possibility, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it, without more knowledge about the other teams in the district.

I got to see (friday), the after practice work out with the (freshmen salt and pepper kids) + a senior and the assistant coach.

Great things are coming. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

From Siegel, there are expectations for Faulkner and Wright to lead the team. It is known that these two young ladies have been four year starters on this team...they will help their team out a lot. From Riverdale, I believe Ms. Burguess will be leading the Lady Warriors, she is the only starter returning from the Championship team. Oakland will have Sarah King putting up major points on the board, she has shown herself worthy of being a leader in the past. Lebanon of course will be led by the Sister Towers. Blackman, I'm sure will be relying heavily on Senior Guard Jessica Campbell. I'm uncertain about what to expect from Warren County, White County or Cookeville...any ideas?

I'd say Blackman will be relying more on Juniors Lauren Dorsett and Blake Brown much more than Jessica Campbell. From what I've heard, Blake Brown is the leader on this much-improved Blackman team.

While the article is not in front of me, The Tennessean profile the Middle Tennessee districts this morning and picked Shelbyville as #1 in mid state. 7AAA top team picked was Cookeville, as an overwhelming pick with Siegel as a contender. 8AAA top team was Shelbyville with Lawrence County as the contendor. 9AAA had Smyrna as the one pick with Mt. Juliet as the contender but what was interesting with the pick in this district was Wilson County was ranked in the top 10 and Mt. Juliet was not ranked. Wow, does that mean the gyms will be full again when those two meet. All of these picks really mean nothing until the first few games are played. Sorry I do not have any other info but these three districts will be very competitive and this poster still looks for there to be 6 teams in 7AAA vieing for the top 4 spots.

Below is listed the first week schedule of 7AAA. Anyone that has the scores, please post them.

Blackman

17th 1200 Stone Memorial

17 430 Cumberland Co High School

Cookeville

13 York Institute

16 Shelbyville Central

Oakland

15 Whites Creek

Siegel

15th Lincoln county High school away

16 Beech High school away

Warren county

16th Cannon county High school

White County

16 Kingston High school

17 Pickett High school

Riverdale

13 Wilson Central @ RD

16 Columbia @ RD

Lebanon

Does not play

These seem to be all good games and the fans of these school will get their first look at their teams at these games.