7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

Cookeville wins over Siegel tonite in a game that was never in doubt as Siegel elected to play underclassman most of the game in an attempt to get ready for next year. Siegel will play Shelbyville in their first game of the Regionals.

Lebanon Wins over Riverdale as the Elie's, the twin Towers, played a large rollon the boards and Clark Davis led Riverdale.

As a note, Except for Siegel 7AAA made a strong showing in the District. Three of the finalists have a good chance of winning their games in the Regionals. As last year, Siegel has no offensive counter or direction to the other teams defenses and seemingly no confidence in what they are doing.. Siegels seniors sat out most of the game.

So its Shelbyville against the rest. The schedule will be posted soon.

WOW!!, "PHargis" I like this side of you !!! Way to come in there and vent. Good luck to all the teams representing 7aaa in the 4aaa regionals. Congrats, to Lebanon on a outstanding district championship performance.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville wins over Siegel tonite in a game that was never in doubt as Siegel elected to play underclassman most of the game in an attempt to get ready for next year. Siegel will play Shelbyville in their first game of the Regionals.

Lebanon Wins over Riverdale as the Elie's, the twin Towers, played a large rollon the boards and Clark Davis led Riverdale.

As a note, Except for Siegel 7AAA made a strong showing in the District. Three of the finalists have a good chance of winning their games in the Regionals. As last year, Siegel has no offensive counter or direction to the other teams defenses and seemingly no confidence in what they are doing.. Siegels seniors sat out most of the game.

So its Shelbyville against the rest. The schedule will be posted soon.

1. To suggest that Coach Bush and his staff "elected to play underclassmen in an attempt to get ready for next year" in a district tournament game is as ridiculous and absurd as the length of your posts and the sportswriter wannabe language contained in them. Coach Bush and his staff are competitors to the core. Though I was not at the game, whatever reason they had must have been important and valid as he and his assistants knew what the outcome of the game might be. Furthermore, the box scores indicate that you guys were in it most of the game only being down 7 or 8, so those 'underclassmen' must not have been doing so bad.

2. I read where Wagoner made the all-tournament team and you stated that Siegel seniors sat out most of the game.. I don't know about you P, but most games that I have been to, players have to actually play before accomplishing this... maybe you need to be a little more accurate before you post such comments.

3. Lastly, all of a sudden Siegel has "no offensive counter or direction to the other team's defenses".. normally you have a plethera of praises for this team. To answer the earlier question of why so much disappointment from you, I'm guessing your relative may have been one that sat out. Ahhh, I guess you are the typical fan/parent/grandparent. Loving when they're winning and your player is getting lots of pt, but when the tides turn, so do your colors. After all, if they don't play, they can't get those fancy awards.

Good luck to all the 7AAA teams in the region, and you too Siegel, no matter what gloom and doom says.

Number one difference between the two games. Siegel hit the open shot at Riverdale, and they missed the open shot in the tournament. I wouldn't want to be Siegel having to play a ticked off Cokeville team. The loser will have the dubious honor of playing Shelbyville at home in the 1st round of the region.

the almighty "swami" is wrong...you predicted wrong this game. lebanon won by 2 on the buzzer so next time try thinking about your predictions a little longer and see if you can get those right next time. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

1. To suggest that Coach Bush and his staff "elected to play underclassmen in an attempt to get ready for next year" in a district tournament game is as ridiculous and absurd as the length of your posts and the sportswriter wannabe language contained in them. Coach Bush and his staff are competitors to the core. Though I was not at the game, whatever reason they had must have been important and valid as he and his assistants knew what the outcome of the game might be. Furthermore, the box scores indicate that you guys were in it most of the game only being down 7 or 8, so those 'underclassmen' must not have been doing so bad.

2. I read where Wagoner made the all-tournament team and you stated that Siegel seniors sat out most of the game.. I don't know about you P, but most games that I have been to, players have to actually play before accomplishing this... maybe you need to be a little more accurate before you post such comments.

3. Lastly, all of a sudden Siegel has "no offensive counter or direction to the other team's defenses".. normally you have a plethera of praises for this team. To answer the earlier question of why so much disappointment from you, I'm guessing your relative may have been one that sat out. Ahhh, I guess you are the typical fan/parent/grandparent. Loving when they're winning and your player is getting lots of pt, but when the tides turn, so do your colors. After all, if they don't play, they can't get those fancy awards.

Good luck to all the 7AAA teams in the region, and you too Siegel, no matter what gloom and doom says.

Don't be so down on Hargis! He normally does an outstanding job reporting the game on here. I was disapointed with the substituting in the game. I didn't understand the logic but I'm not a coach. And before you guys jump down my throat, I don't have a child playing so I don't have a dog in this race!

I just have opinions and observations because I love the game.

Vandy, appreciated your analyzation. The best players played and its a compliment to them that they stayed as close as they did and had a chance to win at some point. Certainly, those same players deserve the same opportunities the next game. It's not unfair to point out not having an answer to responding to play since this is the second District tournament game in a row this has happened. And lastly, Clair Waggoner has played well the last number of games and while she did not play much this game, 6 points, she deserved recognition with her play over the tournament(14 points the first game against with Riverdale). Good play Clair. Vandy, noticed this is your first post. Took a while to get you to post. Would like to call your attention that for $12 you can become a Plus member which gives you many opportunities to call to anybody's attention you might like, any response to any post. This one must have built up for some time. Too bad you didn't see the game. The next game is in Shelbyville Friday nite and will see you there.

Coach Bush is an outstanding coach and a first class individual.

Vandy fan...........I thought your first post was right on the money and I'm sure a lot of the Siegel fans will agree with you. Some posters believe the more you post the smarter the poster. I'll take one good post any day over 3,000 rants and ramblings.

what is going on?...why would you rest starters in this game you would think you would want to be in a different bracket than shelbyville right?...the stars has played great ball all year they beat us by a bucket the first time and spanked us the second time and lost in OT the third time i do not understand the benching of players and all the turmoil...pharigs what is going on why so much disappointment

RD, nothing is going on nor should anything be going on. The Siegel Coaching Staff knows what they are doing. An inadvertant post concerning reasons for the defeat was the purpose of the post. The staff is the only people that can determine who would be best to play and they did it. To Badhat, Cookeville needs all of the commendation for beating Siegel soundly and this poster thinks they have some advantage to going to State out of this region but if Lebanon High School gets hot, watch out for them. To a friend Brian, if Siegel beats Shelbyville it will be well deserved and great strategy. And to my very good friend and cohort 14, negativity is really not my nature, no venting, but playing to win is what it's all about this time of the year. No one can ever confuse Siegel's intentions along that line. As many of you know, many that have even posted on this matter, Siegel is a first class school with first class fans, coaching staff, teachers and principal. Siegel does not like to lose but can you name this poster one school in this great District, 7AAA, that likes to do so.

what is going on?...why would you rest starters in this game you would think you would want to be in a different bracket than shelbyville right?...the stars has played great ball all year they beat us by a bucket the first time and spanked us the second time and lost in OT the third time i do not understand the benching of players and all the turmoil...pharigs what is going on why so much disappointment

RD, nothing is going on and should be going on. The controversy is an inadvertant post explaing the reason for such a lopsided loss but likely, no matter who played or did not play, the outcome was determined to be the same. Siegel has not played well the last few games and cannot criticize going in a different direction. Yep the Riverdale game was a good one. BadHat, you are absolutely correct. Siegel had a chance to win in the third quarter and the play was good. It was short lived. My good friend Brian, much of your post is correct but this poster appreciates you reading the posts. You are really redundant in that those same words keep appearing but still without spending $12 and paying your share of CoachT's expense. And RD, something is being made about nothing. The coaching staff makes all of these decisions and the way all of the players have played this year have been exceptional. Every player who has played this year have improved dramatically and should get the amount of PT they deserve and it is the decison of the coaching staff to determine it. RD, Siegel does not like to lose and I think you will agree there is no School in' 7AAA that likes to lose. Maybe that is what all of this is about. 14 and Walton, seems that maybe you might agree with that but this poster seems to remember some posts along that line. See you in Shelbyville Friday night.

I remember Mary Verge and Tammy Crown. They did beat us in the district finals in 1988 53-38. Not sure what all those Riverdale girls did, but I am absolutely positive what our girls did. Been compiling the history of WCHS basketball for a long time. In 1988-89, there was a five way tie for first and we lost the coin toss. We got put out in the first round of the tournament by Lebanon. Warren County swept us in the regular season. We swept Cookeville and Oakland and split with Riverdale and Lebanon. Not sure who played in the tournament finals that year. Now here goes my proof of my facts. We won the next nine tournament and regular season championships. Not trying to be smart, but just proving my point. I was at each and every one of those tournament games and most, if not all, the regular season games.1989-90 beat Oakland 44-40 in the finals went 9-1 in regular season Oakland was only loss1990-91 beat Lebanon 83-67 in finals. Went 9-1 district Lebanon was only loss 1991-92 beat Lebanon 56-45 in finals WEnt 9-1 only regular season loss was at Oakland in overtime after flying back in from playing in a tournament in Alaska1992-93 Beat Riverdale in the finals 52-39 went undefeated in district1993-94 beat Cookevile 57-37 in finals went 10-0 in district was ranked number one in nation1994-95 Beat Oakland 58-41 in finals went 9-1 in district losing only to Oakland was Kellie Jolly's senior season which she missed with knee injury came back in district tournament1995-96 beat Cookeville 53-33 in finals went 10-0 in regular season1996-97 beat Cookeville 51-26 in finals went 10-0 in regular season1997-98 beat Riverdale 68-60 in finals. Riverdale was only regular season loss district or otherwise Like I said not trying to be smart, you guys were doubting me so I had to show my proof.

are you sure about the 89 year i am thinking that RIVERDALE was pretty good that year...could you be refferring to the 90 year?...also are you sure about winning that many tournament championships in a row seems like somone looked it up and the 6 or 7 that we won in a row was the most that ever been done in our district....i am not trying to contradict you or anything but these are a few fact i would like to know

thanks

White County did win the District 9 years in a row. We made the state I believe 8 of those years. Didn't make it 94-95 season. Lost to Bradley at Bradley in sub state.

the almighty "swami" is wrong...you predicted wrong this game. lebanon won by 2 on the buzzer so next time try thinking about your predictions a little longer and see if you can get those right next time. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

AAAHHHHH Yes !! You are correct "Litebrownlady" The "swami" did say Riverdale by 3 but evidently Lebanon wasn't listening to me !!! The "swami" is hiding !!