7-AA Girls Basketball

basketballnut

Upperman- Probable favorite

York - Good core group returning, new coach, some unknowns, but a contender for a 1 or 2 seed

Livingston - Tradition, lost a lot of good players, but they always reload

Smith Co. - Hello, Ferris, if guards develop the Owls could be a force

Macon Co. - Loss of Compton is huge, but this team will compete and will pull a few surprise upsets along the way

Cannon Co. - Good young kids comin' on, just a year or two away

DeKalb Co. - Will be improved, but still has a long way to go.

It will be a surprise if any one team dominates. Regular season district winner could have 3 or 4 losses.

Go York

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a tough year between LA & Upperman. I think they will split the season games.....both win at home but LA will take the District & Post season match ups.

1.LA

I know we lost quite a few seniors but the LA bench was deep. Kilgore & Taylor are tough. These two have played together for a while......throw McKenzie Sells(Freshman Phenomenon!) in there & they should keep things rolling. Alyssa Sells isn't bad either. LA really needs some size inside.....that hurts us .

2.Upperman

They have three strong players coming back.... Maynard, Dyer & Davis all three are really good.

3. York

They had a pretty good team last year. I think they only lost one or two. I didn't know they had a new coach. I'm not sure how that's going to play out.

4.Smith Co.

I think if they keep feeding it inside to Ferris......should do alright. Until they get Ferris some help I don't think they will do better than 4th.

If I am not mistaken, she made the team (don't know about playing time) and quit the team sometime this summer( I don't know the reason). She is a good player and a good kid. She will be missed.

I can't believe Hammock left LA. From reading post...I can't figure out why? I always liked her family....her uncle is my age. Good player....wish she had stayed.

I'll agree with most predictions for this district...with the exception that Upperman still has many pieces to bring home a district crown...they seem to be awesome every year, and teams can never seem to fully understand the press...classic games between UHS and LA once again this year!

And im just gonna go on the record to say that, this year, Dekalb County WILL win a district game. They will play a lot of teams close this year. A new play style will give a lot of teams problems... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll agree with most predictions for this district...with the exception that Upperman still has many pieces to bring home a district crown...they seem to be awesome every year, and teams can never seem to fully understand the press...classic games between UHS and LA once again this year!

And im just gonna go on the record to say that, this year, Dekalb County WILL win a district game. They will play a lot of teams close this year. A new play style will give a lot of teams problems... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How long has it been since Dekalb has won a district game? 8 years? If so isnt that like a 90 game losing streak? I wonder if that's a record. Surely they'll win one this year.

How long has it been since Dekalb has won a district game? 8 years? If so isnt that like a 90 game losing streak? I wonder if that's a record. Surely they'll win one this year.

Well last year's head coach was a senior when they won their last D game....and im pretty sure the losing streak broke 100 last year...either way, these girls are DUE!!!

1. Upperman - clear favorite

2. Smith Co. - slight edge on 2nd

3. Livingston - could edge out Smith Co.

4. York - talented, but no size

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog!!! (Although size does help)

1-4 could be a toss up during the regular season, but watch out for the dragonettes come Feb.

Go York

belicheck, reality check, i just do not see smith ahead of la, i see la right with uhs for the district, if you contain, not stop ferris, but get her in foul trouble and all, like the cats did all the time, they have nothing, and i mean nothing to fall back on, smith and york battle for 3rd, la uhs for 1st

belicheck, reality check, i just do not see smith ahead of la, i see la right with uhs for the district, if you contain, not stop ferris, but get her in foul trouble and all, like the cats did all the time, they have nothing, and i mean nothing to fall back on, smith and york battle for 3rd, la uhs for 1st

Agreed.

the battle for 2nd and 3rd will be a tough battle between LA & SC... with York sneeking in a couple of big district wins. I wish the best for LA, i just said in a preseason pick i say SC has the edge! UHS could runaway with the district...

got a question...why did the hammock girl transfer in the first place....was it due to playing time or something...if so...by going to upperman...does that insure her of any more playing time...i am sure she will be missed.

I am very curious about this as well. I haven't heard anything for sure, but I heard that either her dad or mom was upset with the lack of playing time she got at camp.. then I heard that her family was moving to baxter anyways... Who knows? I wish her the best. She will be a good player when she gets older.

I think Upperman will finish at the top of the district winning both games against LA during the season, but then LA takes the district tournament game.

Another good year coming up... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />