• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
iamtheboonenation

Big 9 Confrence

Thats crazy. Any school can hang with either of these teams. The style a ball that the other teams play is what keeps them in the game. Why do you think Tn High is in every game, because they play a slow paced game. Why do you think no one tries to run and gun with the Hill? because they know they will get pounded. Your comment about the enrollment is just dumb. What your saying is if you take 7 big time players and put them in a small school like Unaka, then the Hill and DB should still pound them although these guys are big time players.

what i am saying about the enrollment is they have 2400 or 2500 students and most of the other schools in the conference have 1000 to 1300. they should have twice the talent to choose from. about the 7 big time players going agaist them, i don't think that any other school has that many big time players to compete agaist them!! the style of play is the only reason a few of the teams can stay close.

what i am saying about the enrollment is they have 2400 or 2500 students and most of the other schools in the conference have 1000 to 1300. they should have twice the talent to choose from. about the 7 big time players going agaist them, i don't think that any other school has that many big time players to compete agaist them!! the style of play is the only reason a few of the teams can stay close.

Yeah i know That would cool though if there were that many good players on a team. Seems to me like the teams are getting weaker each year. Each team has one or two good players if that now. If everyone would put as much effort into the game as the players use to then we could see a change, maybe a team from the big 9 could compete in the state tournament. Seems to me like most of the players today, not just basketball, but the other sports as well, only seem to be interested in what they are doing after the games. Interested in hanging out and partying instead of hitting the gym and working to get better. Just my opinion

What's a personal computer?

I would like to quote my favorite musical group Simon and Garfunkel by saying:

"I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail

Yes I would, if I could, I surely would

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

Yes I would, if I only could, I surely would

Away, I'd rather sail away

Like a swan that's here and gone

A man grows older every day"

Roxbury, agentorange, and twatwaffle...take life like an ice cube and chizzill. Do not worry if anybody knows how good you say you are...just prove it come playing time, nobody likes it when people brag...sillybillies...Acuna Me tada

And also just wanted to get it out there that Mr. Amazing is certainly a player as well or he wouldn't know so much about the other posters. So listen to your advice Mr. Amazing and get off COACHT. Leave it to the fans. We all straight now?

With all the hodge podge going around I wanted to clear something up before it gets started that I am not a player and like I said in an earlier post I am the father of a player that played for South's jayvee squad last year. But since my son doesn't play anymore I dont see any harm in me joining some of the conversation. Sound good?

By the way, was the song really necessary? And NO I dont care who your favorite musical group is. Get a life Amazing and stop calling out people..... though they DO deserve it........ It is uncalled for. And if you continue...... We will have to unveil YOUR identity.

Just for the record DB is not over 2000 and nor is Science Hill. And besides that doesnt even matter. You just making up an excuse for your team. Which it is BOGUS! Thats all I am saying about that.

Yeah i know That would cool though if there were that many good players on a team. Seems to me like the teams are getting weaker each year. Each team has one or two good players if that now. If everyone would put as much effort into the game as the players use to then we could see a change, maybe a team from the big 9 could compete in the state tournament. Seems to me like most of the players today, not just basketball, but the other sports as well, only seem to be interested in what they are doing after the games. Interested in hanging out and partying instead of hitting the gym and working to get better. Just my opinion

Could not have been said better. Nice input.

Mr. Amazing is obviously Walt Disney, or should i say Reed King. A player for DB, but who cares its not like he ever plays anyways unless DBs up by 15 or more points. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> He should get a lot of playing time this year in conference play because no one can touch the tribe. With Dustin and Todd sinking threes and Edwards, Flack, and Hardy controlling the post and inside game, o and dont forget the threat of Justin hes just amazing. There are at least three other players who will contribute off the bench but im short on names right now. anyways, DB should go far this year. Im going to keep my fingers cross. They will be a great show. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So have the trophies already been made out for DB or Science Hill? I figure there is no reason to play these games. You would think they have won the past two Districts, right? Wrong. Judging from the preseason predictions no other player from another school will score, assist or rebound as well?

So have the trophies already been made out for DB or Science Hill? I figure there is no reason to play these games. You would think they have won the past two Districts, right? Wrong. Judging from the preseason predictions no other player from another school will score, assist or rebound as well?

Thats what I was thinking. lol I think D-B and Science Hill are the favorites going into the season, but there are a couple of other pretty good teams as well. And we all know how Charlie Morgan teams start a season. And who is The Hill's go to guy this year now that Omar is gone? There will be some close games that they will need someone to get it done. If Tennessee High can start off better this year than last year then they should contend for the title. And if Volunteer is allowed to get away with trying to hurt opposing players again this year then they could very well contend. Still haven't heard who Crockett's new coach is.

Thats what I was thinking. lol I think D-B and Science Hill are the favorites going into the season, but there are a couple of other pretty good teams as well. And we all know how Charlie Morgan teams start a season. And who is The Hill's go to guy this year now that Omar is gone? There will be some close games that they will need someone to get it done. If Tennessee High can start off better this year than last year then they should contend for the title. And if Volunteer is allowed to get away with trying to hurt opposing players again this year then they could very well contend. Still haven't heard who Crockett's new coach is.

Jamie Freeman. Was the JV Coach the last two seasons. Good choice. Very motivated and committed to seeing the Pioneers maximize their potential. We're happy with him down here.

Jamie Freeman. Was the JV Coach the last two seasons. Good choice. Very motivated and committed to seeing the Pioneers maximize their potential. We're happy with him down here.

Thanks for the info. I hope he turns things around there. I thought maybe the girls coach would move over and take the boys. Best of luck this year.

Goodness gracious people.... This isn't a sports report more like a soap opera. Might I remind most of you that many of the people we've given high regard to are still in football form. Now of course the season doesn't start for another four weeks or so but still, how do you think they will fit back into their respective teams? Just a thought.