• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
iamtheboonenation

Big 9 Confrence

LOL I guess if this is so sickening then close your eyes, cause its not going to end. This is only the begining. Just wait till the season starts and one by one teams and coaches start complaining.

If there was any misunderstanding in my 'sickening' comment, it was directed at your whining not the 'rough play'. As for the others complaining more as the season goes, I would like to think that players and coaches should be more concerned with THEIR teams rather than worrying about every one else's team. If you dislike physical basketball, I suggest you join the quiz bowl team. It's a non-contact activity. On the other hand, you'll probably complain about pressing the buzzer to hard. Go home to momma and curl up with your blanket.

If there was any misunderstanding in my 'sickening' comment, it was directed at your whining not the 'rough play'. As for the others complaining more as the season goes, I would like to think that players and coaches should be more concerned with THEIR teams rather than worrying about every one else's team. If you dislike physical basketball, I suggest you join the quiz bowl team. It's a non-contact activity. On the other hand, you'll probably complain about pressing the buzzer to hard. Go home to momma and curl up with your blanket.

There is a difference between physical play and dirty play. Fighting for every rebound, setting a solid screen, bodying up with a guy is alot different than taking out his legs on a jumpshot, tripping a guy when he gets thru your screen, or taking a guy out without even trying to go for the ball when he's beat you for a layup. Intentionally trying to injure opposing players is beyond physical play, its just plain dirty, low, and classless. Thats when coaches start sending in complaints, because they are concerned about their team. Your "Foul_cons" are known for the garbage they throw around on the floor. I guess your proud of that.

There is a difference between physical play and dirty play. Fighting for every rebound, setting a solid screen, bodying up with a guy is alot different than taking out his legs on a jumpshot, tripping a guy when he gets thru your screen, or taking a guy out without even trying to go for the ball when he's beat you for a layup. Intentionally trying to injure opposing players is beyond physical play, its just plain dirty, low, and classless. Thats when coaches start sending in complaints, because they are concerned about their team. Your "Foul_cons" are known for the garbage they throw around on the floor. I guess your proud of that.

You sound to me like the weakling on the beach that gets sand kicked in your face. Work hard, get in the weight room and do something about it. Quit complaining on a message board. Once again, comfront the coach in person if you are so concerned. I know for a FACT that intentionally hurting someone is not taught. And if the Falcons are known for not being a pushover andfor being scrappers on the court, yes I am proud of that.

You sound to me like the weakling on the beach that gets sand kicked in your face. Work hard, get in the weight room and do something about it. Quit complaining on a message board. Once again, comfront the coach in person if you are so concerned. I know for a FACT that intentionally hurting someone is not taught. And if the Falcons are known for not being a pushover andfor being scrappers on the court, yes I am proud of that.

What I am seeing is that you never denied dirty play of the Falcons. You know they do it and every other team in the big 9 knows it. I just wish they taught you all how to play real ball out there in Hawkins County. Yee- Haw!!!

What I am seeing is that you never denied dirty play of the Falcons. You know they do it and every other team in the big 9 knows it. I just wish they taught you all how to play real ball out there in Hawkins County. Yee- Haw!!!

I don't think physical play is dirty play. If that is the case, Bruce Pearl is the dirtiest coach in the nation. Physical play, hustle, and 100% effort is not dirty play. You all are just longing for the days that you could mark down the Volunteer game as a win, but now you have to earn it. You ascinine people that think Hawkins County is such a hick place are really delusional or have an overinflated sense of self-worth. I know the rest of the Tri-Cities area is such a bustling metropolis comperable to any other major metropolitan area in the nation such as NYC, LA, and Chicago. (For those that can't read between the lines, that was sarcasm and if you don't know what that is...look in Websters) By the way, please define 'real ball'. Do we play a 'fantasy ball' or 'dreamland ball'? (More sarcasm)

I don't think physical play is dirty play. If that is the case, Bruce Pearl is the dirtiest coach in the nation. Physical play, hustle, and 100% effort is not dirty play. You all are just longing for the days that you could mark down the Volunteer game as a win, but now you have to earn it. You ascinine people that think Hawkins County is such a hick place are really delusional or have an overinflated sense of self-worth. I know the rest of the Tri-Cities area is such a bustling metropolis comperable to any other major metropolitan area in the nation such as NYC, LA, and Chicago. (For those that can't read between the lines, that was sarcasm and if you don't know what that is...look in Websters) By the way, please define 'real ball'. Do we play a 'fantasy ball' or 'dreamland ball'? (More sarcasm)

OK. Real ball is what all of the other teams in the conference play. Our game plan doesnt include things such as, elbows to the face, taking legs out, shoving in the back on a lay-up, tripping because you all arent fast enough to keep up with the game. Real ball is showing hustle, emotion, FAIR PLAY. If you get beat to the basket and have no way to block it then just let it go. Dont form tackle someone going up for a layup. you all could use some of your basketball players on ur defense in football. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OK. Real ball is what all of the other teams in the conference play. Our game plan doesnt include things such as, elbows to the face, taking legs out, shoving in the back on a lay-up, tripping because you all arent fast enough to keep up with the game. Real ball is showing hustle, emotion, FAIR PLAY. If you get beat to the basket and have no way to block it then just let it go. Dont form tackle someone going up for a layup. you all could use some of your basketball players on ur defense in football. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm sorry Johnny Sportsmanship, I didn't realize that NO ONE else in the conference has EVER thrown an elbow, or had a hard foul to prevent an easy two. Your generalizations are problematic. If you or your team have never committed any of these 'dirty' tricks maybe you haven't wanted to win bad enough. As for undercutting, get real, do you actually think a coach would be in a profession to help kids and promote huerting kids.(Don't answer that, your irrational rantings are not pretty.) Sorry there Oliver Stone, there are no conspiracies going on. You guys have been watching too much Ultimate Fighting or something. I am also sorry the we are the only ones in the conference that have not been enlighted as much as everyone else. (As if the Central behavior is a 'model for basketball etiquitte'.) We are just poor hicks trying to make our way in a conference of superior people, culturally, morally, and intellectually. (Sarcasm again)

I'm sorry Johnny Sportsmanship, I didn't realize that NO ONE else in the conference has EVER thrown an elbow, or had a hard foul to prevent an easy two. Your generalizations are problematic. If you or your team have never committed any of these 'dirty' tricks maybe you haven't wanted to win bad enough. As for undercutting, get real, do you actually think a coach would be in a profession to help kids and promote huerting kids.(Don't answer that, your irrational rantings are not pretty.) Sorry there Oliver Stone, there are no conspiracies going on. You guys have been watching too much Ultimate Fighting or something. I am also sorry the we are the only ones in the conference that have not been enlighted as much as everyone else. (As if the Central behavior is a 'model for basketball etiquitte'.) We are just poor hicks trying to make our way in a conference of superior people, culturally, morally, and intellectually. (Sarcasm again)

1) I never said that teams dont do it occasionaly, but they do not resort to it as the only way of winning. And yes I believe that other teams do want to win bad. Look at THS.

2)And about the coaching. I dunno you tell me

1) I never said that teams dont do it occasionaly, but they do not resort to it as the only way of winning. And yes I believe that other teams do want to win bad. Look at THS.

2)And about the coaching. I dunno you tell me

Oh so now the only way lowly Volunteer can win is through dirty play. Sounds to me like your team has been on the short end of the stick against a hick, podunk Volunteer team and you have to have an excuse to make your bruised ego feel better. That's called rationalization. It's ok, rationalization is a common method used by many to compensate for one's shortcomings. It is a perfectly accepted coping mechanism in the field of psychology.

On the subject of the coach, what good would it do to deny that the coach encourages 'dirty' play? (Which he doesn't... unless you call hustle and 100 percent effort and nothing less 'dirty play') It would destroy your defense mechanism and possibly destroy your emotional well being (psyche). You would have to accept the fact that an inferior buch of neanderthal country bumpkins beat you and your sopisticated and highly basketball enlighted team. Would you like for me to respond in the way you would expect an uncouth, barbaric Hawkins County native would respond? If so then here it is: YOUR MOMMA!!!!!

I am excited to see what the Sullivan Central's student section is going to bring this year. I was quite impressed last season and I hear they will be just as good as last year. I know it has to be hard playing at the Cougar Dome.

Don't even compare TN Basketball to Volunteer basketball. Every class that comes through Volunteer plays the same way (DIRTY). I don't think they teach it in Middle School, because I've seen them play. Their style of play starts at the high school level. All Big 9 coaches see it and so do the fans. Also, the referees see it. Be prepared, this year something may be done about it.

Don't even compare TN Basketball to Volunteer basketball. Every class that comes through Volunteer plays the same way (DIRTY). I don't think they teach it in Middle School, because I've seen them play. Their style of play starts at the high school level. All Big 9 coaches see it and so do the fans. Also, the referees see it. Be prepared, this year something may be done about it.

I have a feeling, or at least hope that this is the year that something is done about it. Like I said before, someone is going to get hurt if it is allowed to continue. Of course that seems to be their goal.