Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

OK. Real ball is what all of the other teams in the conference play. Our game plan doesnt include things such as, elbows to the face, taking legs out, shoving in the back on a lay-up, tripping because you all arent fast enough to keep up with the game. Real ball is showing hustle, emotion, FAIR PLAY. If you get beat to the basket and have no way to block it then just let it go. Dont form tackle someone going up for a layup. you all could use some of your basketball players on ur defense in football. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm sorry Johnny Sportsmanship, I didn't realize that NO ONE else in the conference has EVER thrown an elbow, or had a hard foul to prevent an easy two. Your generalizations are problematic. If you or your team have never committed any of these 'dirty' tricks maybe you haven't wanted to win bad enough. As for undercutting, get real, do you actually think a coach would be in a profession to help kids and promote huerting kids.(Don't answer that, your irrational rantings are not pretty.) Sorry there Oliver Stone, there are no conspiracies going on. You guys have been watching too much Ultimate Fighting or something. I am also sorry the we are the only ones in the conference that have not been enlighted as much as everyone else. (As if the Central behavior is a 'model for basketball etiquitte'.) We are just poor hicks trying to make our way in a conference of superior people, culturally, morally, and intellectually. (Sarcasm again)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry Johnny Sportsmanship, I didn't realize that NO ONE else in the conference has EVER thrown an elbow, or had a hard foul to prevent an easy two. Your generalizations are problematic. If you or your team have never committed any of these 'dirty' tricks maybe you haven't wanted to win bad enough. As for undercutting, get real, do you actually think a coach would be in a profession to help kids and promote huerting kids.(Don't answer that, your irrational rantings are not pretty.) Sorry there Oliver Stone, there are no conspiracies going on. You guys have been watching too much Ultimate Fighting or something. I am also sorry the we are the only ones in the conference that have not been enlighted as much as everyone else. (As if the Central behavior is a 'model for basketball etiquitte'.) We are just poor hicks trying to make our way in a conference of superior people, culturally, morally, and intellectually. (Sarcasm again)

1) I never said that teams dont do it occasionaly, but they do not resort to it as the only way of winning. And yes I believe that other teams do want to win bad. Look at THS.

2)And about the coaching. I dunno you tell me

1) I never said that teams dont do it occasionaly, but they do not resort to it as the only way of winning. And yes I believe that other teams do want to win bad. Look at THS.

2)And about the coaching. I dunno you tell me

Oh so now the only way lowly Volunteer can win is through dirty play. Sounds to me like your team has been on the short end of the stick against a hick, podunk Volunteer team and you have to have an excuse to make your bruised ego feel better. That's called rationalization. It's ok, rationalization is a common method used by many to compensate for one's shortcomings. It is a perfectly accepted coping mechanism in the field of psychology.

On the subject of the coach, what good would it do to deny that the coach encourages 'dirty' play? (Which he doesn't... unless you call hustle and 100 percent effort and nothing less 'dirty play') It would destroy your defense mechanism and possibly destroy your emotional well being (psyche). You would have to accept the fact that an inferior buch of neanderthal country bumpkins beat you and your sopisticated and highly basketball enlighted team. Would you like for me to respond in the way you would expect an uncouth, barbaric Hawkins County native would respond? If so then here it is: YOUR MOMMA!!!!!

I don't think physical play is dirty play. If that is the case, Bruce Pearl is the dirtiest coach in the nation. Physical play, hustle, and 100% effort is not dirty play. You all are just longing for the days that you could mark down the Volunteer game as a win, but now you have to earn it. You ascinine people that think Hawkins County is such a hick place are really delusional or have an overinflated sense of self-worth. I know the rest of the Tri-Cities area is such a bustling metropolis comperable to any other major metropolitan area in the nation such as NYC, LA, and Chicago. (For those that can't read between the lines, that was sarcasm and if you don't know what that is...look in Websters) By the way, please define 'real ball'. Do we play a 'fantasy ball' or 'dreamland ball'? (More sarcasm)

Don't even compare TN Basketball to Volunteer basketball. Every class that comes through Volunteer plays the same way (DIRTY). I don't think they teach it in Middle School, because I've seen them play. Their style of play starts at the high school level. All Big 9 coaches see it and so do the fans. Also, the referees see it. Be prepared, this year something may be done about it.

Don't even compare TN Basketball to Volunteer basketball. Every class that comes through Volunteer plays the same way (DIRTY). I don't think they teach it in Middle School, because I've seen them play. Their style of play starts at the high school level. All Big 9 coaches see it and so do the fans. Also, the referees see it. Be prepared, this year something may be done about it.

I have a feeling, or at least hope that this is the year that something is done about it. Like I said before, someone is going to get hurt if it is allowed to continue. Of course that seems to be their goal.

First, there was no comparison between UT and Volunteer basketball. I was saying Bruce Pearl was a dirty coach based on your criteria. (Please read and comprehend properly) Second, are you making a threat? If so, that is a direct violation of this boards poilicies. Third, if you are an official, you are engaging in a gross display of professional misconduct. If you are a fan, how can you know what is coached? You can only assume. Break the word assume down and you'll see what assuming does. Third, what you all are engaging in is called slander. You are defaming and damaging a person's reputation without firsthand knowledge or a clue of what's going on.You ,again, are working on assumptions not concrete facts (unless you have audio or video evidence of improprieties and I know you don't). Floor General22 threw around earlier that a lawsuit may come out of this. On that point he is right. Slander is grounds for a lawsuit. Even CoachT's records would be subject to a subpoena. Then your precious secret identities would be known. There would be no more cowardly hiding behind a computer in anonymity and attacking an individual. I bet I know an attorney that would take this case Pro Bono ( for free for those of you that don't know what that means). So, be careful slinging around loose accusations and threats. They could come back to haunt you.

Ohh I think Split pretty much said it all. Listen i played Volunteer Basketball my freshman and sophomore years..i decided to focus only on football and baseball. So, I, of all people would have no problem telling the real truth about all of this.... and it is.....

Coach Whitt has never told a player to intentionally hurt another player..no matter the situation..FloorGeneral22 sounds like someone who either played or had a child that played against Volunteer and got it taken to you..Whining gets you no where in life.. If this is such a problem then why hasnt it been addressed and brought to the Athletic Director's attention.. My advice- Quit whining about Volunteer's Team and unless your team is DB or the hill, id start focusing on ur team.

Well, well, well..... here it is 2007, and Floor General is still up to his poison three years later. There will not be a lawsuit to reveal his Identity. I will reveal it if this does not stop. I told you and everyone else that Coach Whitt or anybody in the organization does not teach players to play dirty. They are taught to play hard, and sometimes the hard play is termed to be dirty. I played at DB from 83-87, and many players before me can attest to what I am about to say. Buck and other popular coaches like Burns, Pitts, and Warner all taught that you do not give an uncontested lay up or you would wind up on the bench. Today's game has become way too finess. It's all about the flash and glitter. The uniforms have to sag to the knees and some players care more about how they look for the girls than if their team wins. In the Big Nine last year, we probably gave up the most three-point plays (not three-pointers) in the conference. That was due to the in-experience of our young players. if we taught players to play dirty, there's no way we would give up as many three-point plays as we did the last couple of years. If you've had a three year axe to grind Floor General, please call Coach Whitt and discuss it with him, but remember, he goes to work everyday just like you. How would you like it if someone kept calling you out at your job and put you down even though you did not do the things that were being lied about. Oh yeah..... there is a lot of truth from a previous poster.... you could get sued if Coach Whitt got tired of you getting on here and lying about what you know nothing about. It is called slander and there is no hiding from a screen name when it comes to that. Also, like I said before, I could call you out and let everyone know who you are. I do not hide behind a screen name because I do not try and cut down people on here. This a a game of teenagers that play for extra-curricular activity. If it was how you say it was, then the players that graduated from Volunteer would not come back around. Coach Whitt has a number of his players come back and see how the program's doing. Please act like you have some sense and get on with other topics, hopefully something positive for a change. I will at least see you at TWO games this year. Remember to say hi to me if you want. You know where I am, and I know where you are.

To everyone else..... good luck to all teams in the Big Nine this year. There seems to be a lot of parity and questions to be answered this year. I wish all of you a good season and good health. GOD BLESS!!!!!

PS..... Hey SKUNK? The business will be open around MArch or April, and there might be bigger market we are currently looking at. See you at the DB/Volunteer games. Take care......

I'll use my first ever post for this one. I think it is unfair to say that Volunteer is coached dirty. That being said they do play a whole lot rougher than is the norm. I think it is safe to say that one of them will be paid back tonight as the Mighty Viking football team wears them out.

Oh how it comes up every single time... THIS IS A BASKETBALL POST! TALK BASKETBALL!... Enough said!

-Ed Smith (never hide behind my screen name)

I am excited to see what the Sullivan Central's student section is going to bring this year. I was quite impressed last season and I hear they will be just as good as last year. I know it has to be hard playing at the Cougar Dome.

Size wise Central's crowd will probably be pretty large again. However the goal is to remove some vulgarity and add a little wit.It will still be a great home court advantage.