Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

My bad...I admit that I don??™t know much about Boone. Moncier...hummmmm...I don??™t believe I heard his name called out at the All Big 9 banquet last year but maybe I'm mistaken.

I was only able to get two county boys to participate in AAU (Austin Click and Mickey "uptown" Brown) and they both came under heavy pressure from the Central coaching staff not to participate, so they left the team (after 8th grade). Austin took in a couple of tournaments year before last but left to take part in Centrals summer program /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , and Mickey came to tryouts that same year but never showed up after the tryouts. Last summer was the last year for (what you refer to as) the "Clown show"...time to start over with a new crop. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> But just in case you forgot, all of these players (15 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 1 senior) were all part of that AAU team at one time or the other.

Corey Young (THS)

Taylor Harmon (THS)

Mason Canty (THS)

Denzel Gilmore (THS)

Trey Webb (THS)

Matt McClellan (THS)

Marvin Peirson (THS)

Josh Odem (Science Hill)

Spencer Bradley (Science Hill)

Ashlon Adams (Science Hill)

Larry Smith (Science Hill)

Detrick Hancock (Science Hill)

Mickey Brown (Sullivan Central)

Austin Click (Daniel Boon)

Malcolm and Myron Pinkston (Powell Valley)

Julian Smith (Elizabethton)

Kendall Walsh (Elizabethton)

Now look at your program at these teams??™ starters??¦.NOT A BAD TESTIMONY FOR THE AAU EXPERIENCE is it!!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Can't believe someone called this list of young men "clowns." Canty is top notch! So is Young. Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the 2-4 place will be up for grabs in the big 9 and we know db is 1st thats a given with a team like they have but the hill looks alil weak so thats why i think the 2-4 will be a toss up between THS,EAST and THE HILL just what its looking like to me

I wouldn't pencil anybody in as Big 9 champ. DB got drilled by a "slightly better than average" Farragut team, while Science Hill got blown out by Oak Ridge. Both teams are very weak on the coaching side. Nobody from the Big 9 will be heading to state this year. Sorry.

I wouldn't pencil anybody in as Big 9 champ. DB got drilled by a "slightly better than average" Farragut team, while Science Hill got blown out by Oak Ridge. Both teams are very weak on the coaching side. Nobody from the Big 9 will be heading to state this year. Sorry.

I think the Big 9 in general is weak on the coaching side. Coach Whitcher at Tn High does a good job and Coach Whittmore at Volunteer does a good job other than, well you know. But he gets alot out of his players. After watching Unicoi County against Science Hill and at the Hardee's I would have to say they have one of the best coaches around. I wonder how long before someone gets wise and hires him at a big school. Hey WaCo, I noticed that Flack looks like he might have aggravated his injury, heard anything?

I think the Big 9 in general is weak on the coaching side. Coach Whitcher at Tn High does a good job and Coach Whittmore at Volunteer does a good job other than, well you know. But he gets alot out of his players. After watching Unicoi County against Science Hill and at the Hardee's I would have to say they have one of the best coaches around. I wonder how long before someone gets wise and hires him at a big school. Hey WaCo, I noticed that Flack looks like he might have aggravated his injury, heard anything?

Other than what? Cause no I don't know what your talking about. I played for him and I'm am aware that he does do whats in blue for sure!

OK. Real ball is what all of the other teams in the conference play. Our game plan doesnt include things such as, elbows to the face, taking legs out, shoving in the back on a lay-up, tripping because you all arent fast enough to keep up with the game. Real ball is showing hustle, emotion, FAIR PLAY. If you get beat to the basket and have no way to block it then just let it go. Dont form tackle someone going up for a layup. you all could use some of your basketball players on ur defense in football. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think your confused, Since you lost the game in football maybe THS should have used our BB players for your defense!