Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

I highly doubt that you will talk like this in person. I have seen you, you are better of talking trash on this board behind your 30 different screen names.

It??™s obviously that you don??™t know me very well. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought ths was a for sure #3 from the predictions i have seen, what happened at the patriot palace tonight. heard snapp couldn't be stopped so ths went down hard. maybe the sleeper has shown their face.

I didn't get to go to that game but from all reports it was an exact replay of the first game last year between THS and East. All I'm going to say is...HOW are you going to let the SAME player put 30+ on you TWO years straight?! I've heard many on here talk about how "well coached" the Vikings are but has the Coach been well coached? If a player that has the reputation of being a "shooter"hits three or four STRAIGHT three pointers in a row (a couple from NBA range) would you:

A.Call timeout and put your top or maybe even (in the case of East) top two defenders on him and tell your team that from hear on out, Snapp is not allowed to touch the ball!

B.Continue to stay in zone defense and pray that he stops making the three ball (which is what I understand to be the case with coach Whitcher).

Does the term 'shot them out of the zone" ring a bell?

25 points in the first half, most from behind the arch...come on...Snapp is good no doubt, but not that good!!! I can't think of any one player in the Big 9 conference that should be putting up those kinds of numbers. It would also help if you know who your best defender on your team is. Here is a hint...Mason Canty. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm sorry but I had to get that off my chest because we are going to run into several others this year that are going to give us trouble (Cradic being one) unless we are willing to make the necessary adjustments and compensate for a virtual one man show. There is no shame in making a team beat your with their other players, and you're not saving face by having one player score 38 points on your team. That can't be blamed on the players. Some (not me) but some may believe that the players didn't follow the directive that the coach gave one time, but when it happens two years in a row you have to start wondering about the directive.

You have got to be kidding me! Wife or cousin? Get real. I'm not even a DB fan but if a man does a good job as does Morgan, he needs to get credit due. I'll let some of the DB faithful speak about his record. I hardly think that Coach Vaughn from Central folded like a cheap tent in some of his latest appearances. Pshhhhhhhhhht.

Look, we have had two coaches in this area that stand out. Buck Van Huss & George Pitts. They are the only two that I know of who could compete on the State and National level. These coaches we have around here now are a dime a dozen. Morgan is a good man, but he is not the coach that will ever be able to be competitive at the state level. He took a great bunch of players the past 2 years and made them average. I sware they were better as freshman than when they became seniors. There was more talent there than what Maryville had last year and Maryville went on to win a state championship. It was coaching. And I can't stand to here him say "we'll be playing DB basketball by January" (has made that statement 2 years in a row now). And you can mark this down, If a DB player scores 20 points on one night, he'll have 5 the next night. Or he'll be cleaning bathrooms for a week or something stupid like that. I think they call it being Morganized.

As for Vaughn........How many state tournments has he appeared in and how did he do?

If I had to pick the best coach in this area it would have to be the coach at Unicoi Co. 1A is not as competitive but at least he can compete at the state level in that class.

Look, we have had two coaches in this area that stand out. Buck Van Huss & George Pitts. They are the only two that I know of who could compete on the State and National level. These coaches we have around here now are a dime a dozen. Morgan is a good man, but he is not the coach that will ever be able to be competitive at the state level. He took a great bunch of players the past 2 years and made them average. I sware they were better as freshman than when they became seniors. There was more talent there than what Maryville had last year and Maryville went on to win a state championship. It was coaching. And I can't stand to here him say "we'll be playing DB basketball by January" (has made that statement 2 years in a row now). And you can mark this down, If a DB player scores 20 points on one night, he'll have 5 the next night. Or he'll be cleaning bathrooms for a week or something stupid like that. I think they call it being Morganized.

As for Vaughn........How many state tournments has he appeared in and how did he do?

If I had to pick the best coach in this area it would have to be the coach at Unicoi Co. 1A is not as competitive but at least he can compete at the state level in that class.

You have got the correct picture underneath your screen name (CLOWN). Why is it always coaching? Why not give the kids some credit when they beat your beloved DB. Is it every coach at DB? I haven't been on the swimming message board, but do you blast the swimming coach too. Pitts I will agree with. Buck Van Huss was a great man and great coach but (0) state championships at DB. I'm sure if he was still alive and coaching there you would blast him also. As far as the Unicoi Co. coach they play in (2A) and he has yet to go to the state tournament. Vaughn(SC), Burns(TH) went to the state tournament in 05. Central got beat by Bolivar with Wayne Chism (UT) and Willie Kemp(Memphis). /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have got the correct picture underneath your screen name (CLOWN). Why is it always coaching? Why not give the kids some credit when they beat your beloved DB. Is it every coach at DB? I haven't been on the swimming message board, but do you blast the swimming coach too. Pitts I will agree with. Buck Van Huss was a great man and great coach but (0) state championships at DB. I'm sure if he was still alive and coaching there you would blast him also. As far as the Unicoi Co. coach they play in (2A) and he has yet to go to the state tournament. Vaughn(SC), Burns(TH) went to the state tournament in 05. Central got beat by Bolivar with Wayne Chism (UT) and Willie Kemp(Memphis). /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Never said it was always coaching. Never said any area coaches had to win a state championship. I said they needed to be compeditive at the state level. I wouldn't consider a trip to the state tournment and geting blown out by 30 or 40 points anything to brag about. It mostly has to do with the style of coaching that the upper east tn. coaches fall back on. They want to slow the game down to a half court contest. The Memphis area has a lot of talent but just look at the style of basketball they play. You can't compete with them with the style they play up here. What baffels me is the fact that no coach up here has caught on to that yet. George Pitts & Van Huss have been the only coaches in this area that could compete.

Why don't you have a picture under your screen name? Couldn't find one of a "Village Idiot" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Never said it was always coaching. Never said any area coaches had to win a state championship. I said they needed to be compeditive at the state level. I wouldn't consider a trip to the state tournment and geting blown out by 30 or 40 points anything to brag about. It mostly has to do with the style of coaching that the upper east tn. coaches fall back on. They want to slow the game down to a half court contest. The Memphis area has a lot of talent but just look at the style of basketball they play. You can't compete with them with the style they play up here. What baffels me is the fact that no coach up here has caught on to that yet. George Pitts & Van Huss have been the only coaches in this area that could compete.

Why don't you have a picture under your screen name? Couldn't find one of a "Village Idiot" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OMG that was funny!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What is Steve Shipley doing now?

THe last I saw he was head girls coach (Brentwood maybe?) and took them to state. His 92 or 93 team at DB with JaMichael Mills and co. was awesome, loising 1 game #1 in state and went down to Murfreesboro and got beat the first game vs. Memphis Fairley(?). I am still bitter about that because we had just paid for a room and didn't even make it through the first day. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />