Lewis Co. vs Hickman Co part 2

footballguy

Sorry, had to start another thread on this game...the other was getting out of hand.

Most people are looking at the offensive stats to determine the winner. Both teams rely on their running game. Both teams have multiple backs capable of putting up big numbers. Statistically, it's very close...giving the slight edge to HC. See Below

Opponents overall Record

LC = 22-30 HC = 17-34

4 of LC's opponents have winning records (with 2 being 1A schools), HC's 2 (1 being Marshall County)

LC averages 35.4 points a game, HC 40.

Against common opponents, LC 32.5, HC 45.5. I know there has been discussion about how long the first teams have been left in. That cannot be factored in.

In my opinion, the offensive stats are not the key. The defenses will determine this game. And it is scary how close the defensive stats are between the two!

LC gives up 181 yards per game to HC's 199. LC gives up 10.3 points a game to HC's 14.3

Against common opponents, LC averages 173 ypg against to HC's 179. Also, LC's points allowed drops to 7 pg to HC's 14.

Throw out all the stats and numbers, ball control will win this game. Whichever team can control the clock and maintain long drives without turnovers or penalties, they will wear the other defense down. I believe that late in the 3rd Quarter, you will see one offense start to take control and break the others defense down. Defensive fatigue will be the difference.

Once that team takes a late lead or two possession lead, it will force the other to do what they are not good at...throw to catch up. I believe that whoever wins time of possession, wins this game. And it should be a great HS football game.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, had to start another thread on this game...the other was getting out of hand.

Most people are looking at the offensive stats to determine the winner. Both teams rely on their running game. Both teams have multiple backs capable of putting up big numbers. Statistically, it's very close...giving the slight edge to HC. See Below

Opponents overall Record

LC = 22-30 HC = 17-34

4 of LC's opponents have winning records (with 2 being 1A schools), HC's 2 (1 being Marshall County)

Against common opponents, LC 32.5, HC 45.5. I know there has been discussion about how long the first teams have been left in. That cannot be factored in.

In my opinion, the offensive stats are not the key. The defenses will determine this game. And it is scary how close the defensive stats are between the two!

LC gives up 181 yards per game to HC's 199. LC gives up 10.3 points a game to HC's 14.3

Against common opponents, LC averages 173 ypg against to HC's 179. Also, LC's points allowed drops to 7 pg to HC's 14.

Throw out all the stats and numbers, ball control will win this game. Whichever team can control the clock and maintain long drives without turnovers or penalties, they will wear the other defense down. I believe that late in the 3rd Quarter, you will see one offense start to take control and break the others defense down. Defensive fatigue will be the difference.

Once that team takes a late lead or two possession lead, it will force the other to do what they are not good at...throw to catch up. I believe that whoever wins time of possession, wins this game. And it should be a great HS football game.

Just my opinion.

Impressive post!

Opponents overall Record

LC = 22-30 HC = 17-34

Just my opinion.

Footballguy did his homework. He didn't make a prediction but he laid down the roadmap to success. This game is so close I can't even finish my BigOnes contest for the week. Good Luck to both teams and here is one West TN fan hoping to meet up with one of you in the playoffs.

Stats dont win games............ you can look at stats all year.............. Lewis has not played Hickman yet............ Hickman 28 lewis 21, Swenson will have them ready, then.... after they shut Lewis county's mouth...... roll on......................

Hickman has also not played Lewis yet. And Coach Sharp will have our Panthers ready for whatever you can throw at us. Lewis 35 Hickman 21. Enjoy looking at our dominant stats on Saturday.

Footballguy did his homework. He didn't make a prediction but he laid down the roadmap to success. This game is so close I can't even finish my BigOnes contest for the week. Good Luck to both teams and here is one West TN fan hoping to meet up with one of you in the playoffs.

Let me know who you pick in this one since you are at the top of the list right now. This is probably the best contest of the night.

The common opponent with the winning record in 2A is Harpeth who played both teams at their place. Harpeth put up 27 on Hickman's defense and 6 on Lewis County's and it was the last play of the game.

Now, maybe Hickman County defends the run better than the pass. Harpeth moved the ball on them through the air. Harpeth also moved the ball on Lewis County. The total yards differential was 75 yards in a blowout in that game. What does that mean? Harpeth's drives were twarted by turnovers in the LC game and LC scored on a short field a couple of times due to a couple of blocked punts.

From a Harpeth viewpoint, I think Lewis County is harder to move the ball against than Hickman County and Hickman County was harder to stop when they had the ball than Lewis County. Hickman County's defense against Lewis County's offense is the X factor in my opinion. Hickman County is going to move the ball and score some points. Lewis County may make them do it 5 yards at a time rather than in big chunks. That shortens the game. I don't see anybody scoring 30 points in this game.

The common opponent with the winning record in 2A is Harpeth who played both teams at their place. Harpeth put up 27 on Hickman's defense and 6 on Lewis County's and it was the last play of the game.

Now, maybe Hickman County defends the run better than the pass. Harpeth moved the ball on them through the air. Harpeth also moved the ball on Lewis County. The total yards differential was 75 yards in a blowout in that game. What does that mean? Harpeth's drives were twarted by turnovers in the LC game and LC scored on a short field a couple of times due to a couple of blocked punts.

From a Harpeth viewpoint, I think Lewis County is harder to move the ball against than Hickman County and Hickman County was harder to stop when they had the ball than Lewis County. Hickman County's defense against Lewis County's offense is the X factor in my opinion. Hickman County is going to move the ball and score some points. Lewis County may make them do it 5 yards at a time rather than in big chunks. That shortens the game. I don't see anybody scoring 30 points in this game.

great post but everyone needs to remember that you are palying in hohenwald.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know how important playing in Hohenwald will be when considering fan support because HC will probably end up with as many fans at this game as LC.

Playing in Hohenwald is ALWAYS an advantage for the home team...believe me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Go Panthers...show 'em about the real 2A football /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />