Dobyns-Bennett JV

Tribefb

enough with the politics whos the stud that going to help on friday nights next year or even this year?

You have seen one of the studs from the underclassmen allready. The freshman and sophmore classes has several kids that will add to friday nights in the furure. The QB for the JV team is very good,and that is something you have to start with.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any kid who shows up for two a days in August, never misses a practice and gives his (or her) best on the practice field and weight room contributes to the success of the team on Friday night whether they ever make it on the field during a game or not. Graham nor Ted Wilson nor Fred Walton before him has ever gave a heck about how much money a player's daddy has or how much clout they have with the school board or QB Club. Graham does a tremendous job of molding and motivating these boys to excel on the field and tries to prepare them to be a success in life. A public message board is not an appropriate place for this BS. The D-B coaching staff is an excellent group of men who are passionate about the game and the opportunity to contribute to the growth of Kingsport's youth.

Roll Tribe

Any kid who shows up for two a days in August, never misses a practice and gives his (or her) best on the practice field and weight room contributes to the success of the team on Friday night whether they ever make it on the field during a game or not. Graham nor Ted Wilson nor Fred Walton before him has ever gave a heck about how much money a player's daddy has or how much clout they have with the school board or QB Club. Graham does a tremendous job of molding and motivating these boys to excel on the field and tries to prepare them to be a success in life. A public message board is not an appropriate place for this BS. The D-B coaching staff is an excellent group of men who are passionate about the game and the opportunity to contribute to the growth of Kingsport's youth.

Roll Tribe

I 100% agree with everything you say about the coaching staff. No one will agree with every move the coaches make,even the coaches themselves.No parent or groups of parents however,should be able to blackmail one of the staff at the same time.If it were that eazy,I'd go to coach Dungy and play in peyton's spot this sunday fo a couple million.

you must be Roops Daddy.

Thanks for not saying mom or aunt.I do think he is a good qb with a bright future.He moved the team against Elizabethton real well at the end.He seems to be a good kid too.I don't know his family and hope the mom or aunt remark wasn't in bad taste or hurtfull,it was a gender thing only.

Roll Tribe

Amen...

Roll Tribe Roll

Roll Tribe

Preach it Brother Lon

I played football at DB all 4 years of HS. GC is an excellent coach and knows football. Coach Holt is a friend of mine. he was a fine football player and is a great coach. Let me put a different perspective on this subject from a player's view. I know when I played at DB I got my playing time because the coaches knew what I was made of and could see that I had passion for the game. I had several friends who were just happy being dressed out and standing on the sidelines. They were more than glad to let otheres do all the work. This could be a case where it is more about what the parents want than what their kids want. I know that Coach Holt would never hold back a kid that truly wanted to play.

I played football at DB all 4 years of HS. GC is an excellent coach and knows football. Coach Holt is a friend of mine. he was a fine football player and is a great coach. Let me put a different perspective on this subject from a player's view. I know when I played at DB I got my playing time because the coaches knew what I was made of and could see that I had passion for the game. I had several friends who were just happy being dressed out and standing on the sidelines. They were more than glad to let otheres do all the work. This could be a case where it is more about what the parents want than what their kids want. I know that Coach Holt would never hold back a kid that truly wanted to play.

Good post and that's why I started this thread.Holt is a fine young coach and is just trying to do the best job he can.He deserves better from the fans and parents.He was a good player in his time as well,so he knows a little about the game.

Wrong...the coaches don't have anything to do with the fundraising by the D-B QB Club, there is a board that sets committees and activities...so parents are not pressured or even asked by coaches.

Wrong...person in charge this year was a dentist; has been an Eastman engineer, a couple of insurance agents, and in a couple of previous years the same dentist as this year.

Wrong...many players play and start whose parents have never been on the BMS campus (to assist with the fund- raising)...and not just referring necessarily to this season.

Wrong...didn't cut anyone from the team long before the race situation came about...it has nothing to do with the number of players.

Wrong...there are only six or seven people, at the most, that will put in 50-60 hours...there are two fairly short days and two long days twice a year, but most people don't work but one each season...

Wrong...don't spend $50,000+...

What the QB Club does is a good thing...come be a part of it and see for yourself.

I don't know anything about the situation that brought about this thread and don't know that I want to, but whatever it is, is a shame...and it is wrong of you Watchdog to attempt to explain, or justify (or whatever it was you were doing with the situation with untrue statements)...you are, however, very correct with your last sentence; I am with you on that (not that you would think that was a good thing).

I know you and I have for whatever reason(s) butted heads some on here...I can say I do think you have had some good thought provoking posts during the course of the season, but this isn't one I would categorize that way.

Roll Tribe Roll

Hmmm, thats why GC makes sure he mentions working the race when he visits the player's home AND mentions it again when he hands out the workout schedule. FYI- AB aint no dentist and knowing him you have insulted the man. Dont kid yourself and everybody else Pepe, SC is VERY involved with the race and who is volunteering, maybe not the head guy each year but involved. You need help on your math with "short day" = 10 hours and "long day" =16 + hours. Give you credit on my $50,000 +, care to say how much? 3-4 meals/week, helmet, jersey, Peach Bowl, sounds like a visa commercial, playing for GC priceless. (Now skunk you have to like that one) Not making the trip to see CS run it against a "good football team" as an earlier post said. The real question next week on here will be which one loss team (maybe 2 losses) will DB be playing in 3 weeks? Enjoy these weak teams at the end because Nov 9th will be different. Kind of reminds me of Fulmer's Nov. record.

Holt is a great guy. He was an exciting player and he has a sincere passion for the game. DBWATCHDOG you seem like you are some ultra liberal watchdog group with an agenda against either DB, the staff, or the school. I can't figure you out. Some of your posts are great; others are not. I wish you would be a bit more positive.

Either way the Jayy Vee have had a good year this year. A little shaky starting out but getting better. The teams they have lost to have also had a few choice players that I could have sworn I saw on the field firday nights? Well I have a couple of players I would love to see move down to Jay Vee but either way Great Kids and good talent on D anyway the Off. will come.

Roll Tribe Roll