FATHER RYAN VS MBA

fiftyfifty

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for one, this is a football message board. Secondly, if you look at my previous posts you will see that I have clearly been talking about football. Why are we arguing about this?

What will Ryan do to defend Bartholomew and the rest of the Big Red running attack? What will MBA do to defend Berry and the Ryan run game? Who will win the battle in the trenches? Other than Berry, who are some players to watch for Ryan? Roll Red.

I gotta an idea how bout Ryan's D line that caused Three - four interceptions last game that turned into either a touch down or a field goal...tell you what why don't you let the players decide this one in the game...Not some alumni drinking scotch typing on his keyboard reminiscing about the past. Let me pose one question is MBA scared that they are not playing on home turf? Not able to get the home field advantage they are used to getting for all of these years? To me sounds like they are little afraid. Can't wait, this is what high school rivalry is all about.

" And that Banner - it is trailing!

While around it sounds the wailing

Of its people in their woe.

For, though conquered, they adore it!

Love the cold, dead hands that bore it!

Weep for those that fell before it!

Pardon those who trailed and tore it!

But, oh! wildly they deplore it,

Now who furl it and fold it so."

Go Irish

all thats great and congratulations but thats irrelivent. to get to this page you had to click FOOTBALL. because thats what we are talking about here and thats all that matters.

Nothing in this discussion board is really irrelevant (learn to spell buddy). I didn't see you calling out the person who said the Father Ryan community is bad or how we are a bunch of vandals. If you're going to call him out about talking about other sports (of which we do indeed DOMINATE) then you have to call those other people out. Please don't be rude.

Is your motto not GENTLEMEN SCHOLAR ATHLETE? Please start acting like that.

...and this thread has officially gone off the deep end. Titans2121, welcome to CoachT. Great first post.

Even though the trash talk is getting ridiculous, it gets me fired up to have this game mean so much again. I really respect the Ryan fans' humility considering they've lost 10 in a row. Does Ryan still paint the MBA cannons?

Food for thought...

If the numbers reported in this thread earlier are correct (and I believe they are), then think about this - this Friday night marks the 75th meeting of these two schools on the football field.

We could have the MBA folks talk about painting cannons, and the Father Ryan people calling them momma's boys, or what have you.

Personally, I'd rather give THE GAME and two of the finest schools in Tennessee the respect that they each deserve. How many schools in this state can claim to have played each other 75 times? Not many. How many schools in the state fulfill their missions better than these two schools? Not many.

It's not a war, or anything like that, but I think too many sons, fathers, and grandfathers have participated in this great tradition to have it pulled through the mud here.

I have the utmost respect for MBA (the school, the football team, and the people it produces), and as a Father Ryan graduate I hope we beat the heck out of them on Friday.

But, some of the nonsense on this site just makes both of these schools look other than they should be portrayed.

ryan has also raised a lot of money to build a stadium, i think its just their contracts with neighbors that are keeping them from doing it.

I keep hearing about how Ryan got screwed over last year as far as the officiating is concerned. What exactly happened in the game. What were these obvious calls? If they were not obvious then are Ryan fans just looking for an excuse?

also, it was fourth and 2 and RYAN snapped the ball and a whistle went off, and the QB threw it away because he heard it and the refs said they didn't do it, so was MBA cheating?? no one knows

No doubt it is going to be a good game Friday. There is going to be one major factor in this game that is going to decide the winner.....the run. Whoever can run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense will win the game. I say 14-10 Irish.

On a side note if any of you have seen "the photo" of those MBA football players from this summer, then you know those Ryan players should where a cup when they suit up.

No doubt it is going to be a good game Friday. There is going to be one major factor in this game that is going to decide the winner.....the run. Whoever can run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense will win the game. I say 14-10 Irish.

On a side note if any of you have seen "the photo" of those MBA football players from this summer, then you know those Ryan players should where a cup when they suit up.

I agree that you will score 14 or less by running the ball on MBA. You will have to throw to get beyond that.

Nothing in this discussion board is really irrelevant (learn to spell buddy). I didn't see you calling out the person who said the Father Ryan community is bad or how we are a bunch of vandals. If you're going to call him out about talking about other sports (of which we do indeed DOMINATE) then you have to call those other people out. Please don't be rude.

Is your motto not GENTLEMEN SCHOLAR ATHLETE? Please start acting like that.

sorry jane... i didnt know i was being graded on my post. I also didnt capitolize the first word of every sentence and did not properly construct my contractions. While i failed to do my 5th grade grammar teacher proud i did not contradict myself. I didnt call the guy out about the painting of the cannons cause, well the cannons were painted and why should he be called out for pointing out someone elses wrongdoings.