Cloudland vs. Grace Christian

Bluengoldblood

all I have got to sayi s that I AM PROUD TO BE A LANDER and winning again I want to thank the coaches and players for playing with heart

You have every right to be proud, its been a great season thus far, and regardlees what happens the rest of the way, all of Roan mt needs to be proud of you guys. Ifor one think you have gave it you're all. No fan should ask for more. Roan Mt has been proud of their football for a long time, thanks for being part of bringing that pride back to our small community.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have every right to be proud, its been a great season thus far, and regardlees what happens the rest of the way, all of Roan mt needs to be proud of you guys. Ifor one think you have gave it you're all. No fan should ask for more. Roan Mt has been proud of their football for a long time, thanks for being part of bringing that pride back to our small community.

Could not have said it any better. But we still got more games to go . Season is not over yet. Its just now time to start playing ball . Great job Lander players , coaches, any one that has any thing to do with Cloudland football. Now fans its our turn to show a lil appreciation for their hard work and dedication , and a huge HEART as a team.

Could not have said it any better. But we still got more games to go . Season is not over yet. Its just now time to start playing ball . Great job Lander players , coaches, any one that has any thing to do with Cloudland football. Now fans its our turn to show a lil appreciation for their hard work and dedication , and a huge HEART as a team.

makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think we should do something for the coaches, as fans, to show our gratitude for their pride and hard work. If anyone can think of something, let me know tonight. I'm headed for Orr Field. Whooooooooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I'm sure some may disagree but this bunch of Landers are the TRUE cardiac kids! Seems they just aren't happy with an easy win. If you were at the game tonight you definatly got your money's worth, and if you left early I'm sorry you missed the last 1:40 of this game + OT. Congrats to Grace on a heroic comeback. Games like this make you sorry 1 of the teams had to take the loss. Although if you watched this one you you definatly know the Grace kids have the heart of champions.Congratulations to the Cloudland Highlanders. It has been such an enjoyable year to watch you kids play. Your hard work and dedication should be an inspiration to all of our jr. Landers. Again it has been a privelage(spelling?) to watch and just be a fan. One more to go!(well besides the playoffs that is /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> )

I'll definately be there, and you very well may prove me wrong. I just don't think you guys can stop Cloudland from running the ball. I do think it will be worth the price of admission.

I think I called it pretty close, good job landers and tough luck to Grace, It was worth the price of admission.

I'm sure some may disagree but this bunch of Landers are the TRUE cardiac kids! Seems they just aren't happy with an easy win. If you were at the game tonight you definatly got your money's worth, and if you left early I'm sorry you missed the last 1:40 of this game + OT. Congrats to Grace on a heroic comeback. Games like this make you sorry 1 of the teams had to take the loss. Although if you watched this one you you definatly know the Grace kids have the heart of champions.Congratulations to the Cloudland Highlanders. It has been such an enjoyable year to watch you kids play. Your hard work and dedication should be an inspiration to all of our jr. Landers. Again it has been a privelage(spelling?) to watch and just be a fan. One more to go!(well besides the playoffs that is /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> )

I've got to agree with you Bluengold, everyone definitely got their money's worth. This was probably one of the most exciting games that I have witnessed in many, many years. Cloudland has a good football team, no doubt about that. Thanks for the compliment about Grace kids having heart of champions because they really do. They could have easily given up being down 2 touchdowns in less than 2 minutes but they fought back and tied the game. To all the ones who left early, you missed a great one. I am still trying to figure out our playcalling though during the overtime. We haven't ran the ball well all night and our passing game got us there. We never threw the ball during the OT period. That's our bread and butter. I just wished that we would have hit our 6-5 target a couple of times in OT because he hasn't been stopped all year. Oh well, I 'm not trying to make excuses, the Landers did what they had to do and won. Once again, awesome game tonite and good luck next week against Hampton.

What a game !!!

Big plays offensively on both sides of the ball. I agree with whomever said it was sad one team had to lose. At times, it looked like either team could have a blowout, then the other guys would come roaring back.

I think the Highlander defense looked a little better in the second half, they had several stops for losses for instance. However we need to play the whole game instead of just parts of it. That being said, Grace can be credited for making us look a little rough.

And congratulations to Jordan Hughes on adding to his years totals. And just think, he had one called back on a questionable block in the back call. Probably one more, had the Grace defender not made a tremendous play and punched the ball out of Johnson's hands. Tipton had another LOOONG run also.

But guys, some of us "older" gentlemen are going to have heart attacks and nervous breakdowns if you don't stop the last minute antics!

Remember my basketball motto, "If we aren't up by 30, I'm not happy."

The Highlander

Good post. I don't know how many people read these forums up here, but I'm kinda disappointed that ole Scott (the announcer) has to get on our fans to rally behind our team. The Grace fans really got behind their team. Kinda reminded me of the CAK fans getting behind their team. No one should have to tell you to get up and cheer for the team. It should be an automatic reaction if you love your landers. I sit with Cosby's coaches and they were on their feet screaming for the Landers while our home crowd was on their butts. They asked me what the problem was and I really didn't know what to say. I know the game of football is a game of passion. Our team can feed off of our passion. It really does make a difference. As for the fair weather fans, I'm glad they have never come back because the real Lander faithful will stand out. Just remember people, we need to be heard. We need to be loud. Whoooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

P.S. Coach Shelton and his staff are the classiest most down to earth coaches I've ever met. If I would have known these guys before, I would have never bad mouthed them on here. Trust me, I feel like a little worm after being around such big-hearted guys.