Cloudland vs. Grace Christian

Bluengoldblood

I think its easier for both the coaches and players to focus on the other side, too many distractions on the bleacher side. Alot of people trying to talk to the kids and Coaches ,some of them wanting to call plays. You can hear some very ugly things directed at the coaches, they don't need it. Their job is tough enough.

your right, i just think it is a bigger advantage for the other team. i also think the defense plays much better on the home side.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a great game. I can not wait for it.

On a side note, tthe Avery Journal Times has started a blog that will cover the 'Landers football, basketball and anything else Cloudland. It will also cover Avery County sports, Appalachain State, and anything else of interest. The paper will also continue to have coverage. Check it out at http://ajtsports.blogspot.com/ and pass it along.

I'VE been begging for them to do that since they started it,nobody seems to get into the game when our guys are on the opposite side of the field.I think its useless for us to keep doing it.I think it gives the other team more of an advantage being in front of their fans,if their fans were on the opposite side i could see where it might give us an advantage

yeah, i think most highlander fan would go wild if they came out and lined up on the bleacher side.

you have a good point there pujo,and I can see the coaches point of no distractions,but still Its just one of those things thats hard getting used to.you just don't see the intensity in the fans or the players anymore its like youre at an away game at home.I think maybe if there was an off limits area along the fence near the team there wouldn't be as much distractions.I bet you won't see hampton on the opposite side of their field.

you have a good point there pujo,and I can see the coaches point of no distractions,but still Its just one of those things thats hard getting used to.you just don't see the intensity in the fans or the players anymore its like youre at an away game at home.I think maybe if there was an off limits area along the fence near the team there wouldn't be as much distractions.I bet you won't see hampton on the opposite side of their field.

I agree with you Cuda,they need to move back to the bleacher side, but it needs to be like they have it at Avery. Have the area behind the team closed off. Just allow the cheerleaders in there. I do think that would be better. Someone needs to bring this up to Robbie.

Only one thing though were not Hampton no disrespect. We started going on that side of the field when we played Powell Valley . After the way they treated us on their home field. We kinda give them a lil pay back , so we put them on the stand side and gave them heck. Mike made the move and we havent changed back. Nothing against Luns , I liked them being on our side then . There is good and bad about the whol situation. I would like to see us on our side come Thursday night though. The people on the side lines probably dont do much more than the people that are on the sidelines inside the fence . Im not talking about stat keepers, coaches, and trainers either those guys do a good job . Anyway I think it would b cool to see us on our side. By the way I heard that GC had two good recievers, but not so good rush D. Anyone have any 411.

Only one thing though were not Hampton no disrespect. We started going on that side of the field when we played Powell Valley . After the way they treated us on their home field. We kinda give them a lil pay back , so we put them on the stand side and gave them heck. Mike made the move and we havent changed back. Nothing against Luns , I liked them being on our side then . There is good and bad about the whol situation. I would like to see us on our side come Thursday night though. The people on the side lines probably dont do much more than the people that are on the sidelines inside the fence . Im not talking about stat keepers, coaches, and trainers either those guys do a good job . Anyway I think it would b cool to see us on our side. By the way I heard that GC had two good recievers, but not so good rush D. Anyone have any 411.

Actually Grace has more than 2 good receivers, they can also run the ball. 1400 yards rushing ,1400 yards passing. they use alot of deception. I don't think this rain is going to be very good for them. They are not the kind of team to pound you. I don't like their chances on a messy field.

Actually Grace has more than 2 good receivers, they can also run the ball. 1400 yards rushing ,1400 yards passing. they use alot of deception. I don't think this rain is going to be very good for them. They are not the kind of team to pound you. I don't like their chances on a messy field.

Do their receivers play any "D", if they hafta chase those cloudland runners and take some hits on that side of the ball will that affect their offense any? And yes, I completely agree that a messy field is at least a 10 point advantage for cloudland.