Cleveland @ Rhea

MRSTUD

This game is always my favorite of the whole season. This game will have a playoff atmosphere with both teams fighting for 3 and 4 seeds in 4-4A. The winner will travel to Knoxville (Central or Powell) and the loser gets the privilege of Maryville first round. This game is always a good one for both teams. With Cleveland coming off a win against Hixson, how will they play against Rhea? Will Rhea be able to bounce back after falling to likely region winner Red Bank? Can Rhea stop Tipton's jump ball and his running ability? Can Cleveland stop Rhea's running game?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a pretty good game. I know on Cleveland's side of the ball they need to play more consitent on both offense and defense if they want to win the game. All year long they've showed offensive and defensive strength, however, I've never seen them string both of them together consistently in a football game. Another thing that worries me is age. Cleveland is pretty young with several sophmores and juniors playing and Rhea seems a lot older with several seniors playing.

Well it is looking like another Rhea Co and Cleveland game is here once again. Personally this is my favorite game of the year. Because no matter how bad or good either team is; either team can win. I have seen some great things, some bad things and some really ugly things in this rivalry. But that is why it is a rivalry. I think Rhea as a team and community felt alittle let down after friday night against Red Bank especially in the second half after the way we played in the first half. I know this team can bound back. The last time it was like this we took McMinn to overtime the next game. The players know what this game means on both teams. It will come down to who wants it more. The big question that cleveland will have to answer can they even slow down Julian, who went over the 1000 yard mark against Red Bank. I don't think Cleveland can handle the D or O-line that Rhea County has. Cleveland's lines just dosn't have the size to go head to head. The one thing Rhea will have to prepare for will be Cleveland's offense Parks, Macon, Scotton, and Tipton.

The playoff picture is pretty clear now that friday is over. I believe Rhea and Cleveland are both in the playoffs and now they are playing for not going to Maryville in the first round. Who ever wins this game will have a good chance to put up a good showing in Knoxville at most likely Halls, and then another shot at Red Bank. With Central losing to Powell as bad as they did friday I don't see central being in the playoffs this year. I believe Region 3-4A Maryville, Halls, West and Powell. Because both Powell and Central play Clinton and West in the last two weeks. I see both winning against Clinton but both losing to West. However if Clinton beats them both. Then Clinton can sneak in at 4th. Now the one thing to remember is the season isn't over yet.

This game always has huge playoff implications, and this year is no different. This game is all about deciding who goes to play the best team in Tennessee, Maryville. Emotions should be high, and I expect both teams to play with all passion and heart because this is a must win. If Cleveland can play how they did at Red Bank in the first half for four quarters against Rhea then i think they will win. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year.

Yes this year. They hung more on Rb and have more tallent. And its a for sure win for Cleveland if Rhea wears those dog ugly Black uniforms. Rheas colors are green and gold not black and shiney. Rhea was just trying to copy Red Bank from when they came out last year wearing good looking black uniforms against Rhea.