Cleveland @ Rhea

MRSTUD

Yeah I agree when track starts getting thousands of people to come watch they may deserve some thing cause they make that money on the gate. But till they do why should the football team have to keep them and every other sport up? When those sports start bringing in the money football does is when they should get more. And na those would be great practice uniforms or even jv uniforms. Or better yet Rhea could start having a green and black game during the spring hahaha

The track team can't make anything at the gate because there hasn't been a home meet in nearly 4 years. The investment of a track would be good for the entire athletic department, football included. If they still want to run that 3-5-3 and spread offense, you'd better believe that having these kids work on sprinting and endurance would be beneficial. The football team would also be able to keep more gate money, as the track team would have a way to generate their own funds so they wouldn't have to beg the AD for bus money to travel.

I know that La-Z-Boy and area businessmen have given rather large donations which total very close to that number quoted for the track. I have also heard that a local industry that makes field turf has been in talks to give the field turf to the school as a means of advertisement (this may or may not include the cost of installation).

A new track is a win-win for the entire athletic department. The performance of these track kids in recent years has been pretty amazing given the fact that they don't even practice on a track at all.

The football team has relatively new practice jerseys, so new ones aren't needed. Say what you will, but there's no denying that the purchase of the black jerseys was a total waste, especially given the fact that they were to be worn for ONE GAME, not to mention how dog-ugly they were. Not only could those funds have better been spent on other sports that could actually use new uniforms, they could have also been spent on better priorities for the football team.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so u think the jerseys were ugly i have talked to people who loved them and as for them only wearing them one time that was when the jerseys came in so that was the first chance to wear them

Yes, ugly. Worse than that, they don't match anything. It doesn't take a fashion expert (or 20/20 vision from the home stands) to figure out that dark green helmets, black jerseys with white numbers and pewter-gold pants don't match. Not to mention that black isn't a school color. You're the first I've met who liked them, so that makes you and whoever decided to order these things as the two people that actually thought this was a good idea.

So, are the boys wearing them tonight, or is this a one-time thing? Are the green jerseys no more?

The practice jerseys have been there for 4 years now. They woulde perfect scout team jerseys. I agree they are ugly as crap. They need to never wear them again. And as for the track it don't really matter if you want to spend money on the sport that has done the best then build a golf coarse. Ha ha ha nothing else does mch

The practice jerseys have been there for 4 years now. They woulde perfect scout team jerseys. I agree they are ugly as crap. They need to never wear them again. And as for the track it don't really matter if you want to spend money on the sport that has done the best then build a golf coarse. Ha ha ha nothing else does mch

Hate to break it to you, but most if not all high school golf programs play on courses off school grounds. Besides, there's not enough acreage on site at RCHS to do that.

While Hunter Green's career has been phenomenal, the RCHS track team sends multiple athletes to the state championships every year.

Contrary to popular belief, there are more sports than football. I am a RC football fan, but I think all sports at the high school should be supported adequately. Its a shame that these track kids work so hard, and are not able to host a home meet and generate their own revenue. Having this track would help kids increase speed, stay in shape during the off-season and yes, even make the football team better.

Just because you hate the football team doesn't mean you should hate all other athletes.

I know that La-Z-Boy and area businessmen have given rather large donations which total very close to that number quoted for the track. I have also heard that a local industry that makes field turf has been in talks to give the field turf to the school as a means of advertisement (this may or may not include the cost of installation).

Yes the money for the track is getting there. Hopefully the money can get raised and then the track could get installed this summer along with the field. The field is being donated by TenCate. The only thing the football team is paying for is the installation.

I know the track has been needing to be replaced for years now.

Yes, ugly. Worse than that, they don't match anything. It doesn't take a fashion expert (or 20/20 vision from the home stands) to figure out that dark green helmets, black jerseys with white numbers and pewter-gold pants don't match. Not to mention that black isn't a school color. You're the first I've met who liked them, so that makes you and whoever decided to order these things as the two people that actually thought this was a good idea.

So, are the boys wearing them tonight, or is this a one-time thing? Are the green jerseys no more?

They only got them in on Thursday so they didn't have the time to color coordinate. They needed black pants to go with the jerseys and gold helmets like in the old days. Black is considered a secondary color and so is white. The players seem to like them alot to and have been asking for black jerseys for years now.

As far as I know they will be in the Green tonight. The Black will be worn again too.

Hate to break it to you, but most if not all high school golf programs play on courses off school grounds. Besides, there's not enough acreage on site at RCHS to do that.

While Hunter Green's career has been phenomenal, the RCHS track team sends multiple athletes to the state championships every year.

Contrary to popular belief, there are more sports than football. I am a RC football fan, but I think all sports at the high school should be supported adequately. Its a shame that these track kids work so hard, and are not able to host a home meet and generate their own revenue. Having this track would help kids increase speed, stay in shape during the off-season and yes, even make the football team better.

Just because you hate the football team doesn't mean you should hate all other athletes.

I wouldn't mind having a golf cousre at the high school, that would be pretty cool. Hunter has two championships and is the best there is no doubt about that.

I agree other sports should have more funds put toward them but fact Football is King. Always has and always will. The football players that are on the track team and even the baseball team do seem to do better once football season comes around, and they are already in shape for spring football practice because they play or run in the others sports which really helps.

looks like this game turned into a battle, good game guys and good luck in the playoffs. hope to see one of you back at red bank!!

Yeah it was a very good and very entertaining game. Both teams played good and both were pretty evenly matched. But it hurts to drop one like that. Great Game Seniors remember the season isn't over yet. Beyond that I don't have much to say but it hurts to lose to Cleveland in overtime.