Hampton VS. Happy Valley

paradox

Good luck tonight dogs, although I seriously doubt luck will have anything to do with it. Thanks for the support at Orr field last night. I know J.C. and Staff were scouting but the players were kinda getting under G.C.'s coaches skin down on the sideline a coupla times. Regardless they got their money's worth. Again thanks guys. Now go take care of business tonight so that we can start the one that actually means something. Dawgman75 lookin forward to seeing you flea bitten mongrels next week but lay it on the squaws first. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roop isn't all that great, like one of the people said, he is like 350 pounds and bench presses 225, nowhere near to his body weight. He is just fat and tall and Lands on you and you're pushed back. He is also not very fast, and doesn't have heart for the game, he is just doing it to do it. All someone would have to do is push him from the side or take out his knees and he wouldn't have enough agility to stay up.

Jaynes, Milhorn dustin' foes with big playsBy Rick Sheek Star Staffrsheek@starhq.com They're quite a talented duo of go-to ball carriers. When these guys get their hands on the football, big plays are usually made for Hampton's football team Dustin Jaynes and Dustin Milhorn are the workhorses out the backfield for the undefeated Bulldogs, ranked third in the state among Class A schools. "We've got some pretty good boys," Hampton coach J.C. Campbell said. "We've got some playmakers, but it just seems like that whichever one gets the opportunity steps up." Jaynes, the tailback, has rushed for 746 yards (7.1 ypc.) and reached the end zone seven times. The linebacker has also recorded 37 tackles. "Our numbers are not that impressive, because they're not based on one person," Jaynes said. "It's just really spread out amongst us all, so it's really better balance than it would be than just keying on one person that's got 2,500 yards. "It's just because it's more balanced. We've just got it spread out evenly, all of our offense, defense and everything else. Our tackles are spread out evenly. Our yards rushing and receiving, they're all spread out." Milhorn has been a silent weapon with spot duty in the spotlight. Last Friday night's win over Cosby saw him cut loose for more than 100 yards receiving and three touchdowns, while picking off a pass and throwing a conversion in little more than a half of action. "It really doesn't matter to me, as long as we win." Milhorn said. "I don't care who scores. It doesn't matter, and I'm glad to get to touch the ball, though." With all-state tailback Adam Townsend departed, these two athletes have fit the bill just fine. Of course, Towsend went down week seven a year ago with a broken foot and Jaynes became the primary ball carrier. "Dustin Jaynes didn't get to run the ball much when Adam was here," Campbell said. "He felt kind of left out. We knew that Dustin had some ability. It wasn't doubt of that. "Dustin Jaynes is small, and he had not really, really put his heart into it when Adam was there. After he got having to carry the load, it's a different story. He's picked it up. He's coming along." Milhorn leads the team with four interceptions at cornerback, while having recorded 27 tackles. He has 238 yards receiving (17.8 ypc.), 183 rushing (12.0 ypc) and has six touchdowns. "Milhorn, from the time he's got here, has been one of the hardest workers," Campbell said. "We get in the weight room when he's a freshman, he lifted what those other boys were lifting. He'd do it or die. "You take away his offense and he is worth his weight. We always put him on the toughest cover guy." Jaynes stresses with a more than a half dozen skill people that can get the job done behind a talented front, there is not selfish player with this bunch. "We just like going out and having different weapons," Jaynes said. "We feel like we have so many weapons, because we can pass the ball to E.J. (Newbern), Dylan Ellis, I can run or Jarred Irick can run when he gets healed. It looks like we've got eight or 10 weapons that can be out on the field at the same time. "It's good knowing it's our senior year that we get to run a lot, but we really just want to win. We'd really love to make a trip down to the state (championship)." What the coach likes is these are players who get it done on the field. "They've both been, all of these kids, are just super attitudes," Campbell said. "Neither one of them are real loud, but Dustin Milhorn rarely says anything. But he's got a hidden sense of humor." Jaynes broke his arm against Johnson County in the season-opener and never missed a game. "Dustin Jaynes has had to do it about every week," Campbell said. "In the tough games he's run good inside. Down there at Oneida (game two), and just the tough games we've had to put out inside." Jaynes notices a slasher type of player like Milhorn benefits the attack. Milhorn might run a reverse, go deep or explode out of the backfield. "He's probably glad to make him feel like that, to know they're going to be keying on him a lot," Jaynes said. "Because then you can give it to somebody else. As long as we win, that's the main thing. "That's the way we've played since we were little together. That was our main goal, just to win." Milhorn agrees in this team-oriented approach. "It's not all focused on one or two people," Milhorn said. "It's spread out. I'd say we do sneak up on a few people, under-estimating us - anybody being able to do anything they want." With no Towsend or Jonathan Lyons, the winning tradition has kept up in Hampton. That's four-deep in the Class 1A playoffs two years in a rown and counting - hopefully one more round. "It's not just one person that's going out there dominating the team, like before," Jaynes said. "It's just spread out more this year. We really feel like that's what we've got to do to make it to state, keep it spread out a lot more." This senior bunch, numbering 10, went undefeated in the eighth-grade ranks. The powerhouse hasn't gone away. "We probably have the most balance we've ever had in our lives," Jaynes said. "We've just got so many people. We've got a really fast team in our line. "They do really well. They're big and athletic. We've got a really athletic team." The coach points out he gets no negative feedback about who gets the notoriety under the lights. "Dustin Milhorn got to shine the other night," Campbell said. "Sometimes kids wonder why I didn't get to do this or why I didn't get to do that. They never say anything. "Sometimes things just open up for you. They wonder why I can't do this all of the time. Certain things open up certain things, and we've just been very fortunate to have the type of kids that can respond when it comes their turn."

JUST CHECK OUT THE RED PARTS..... THANKS ALOT.......THANKS DUSTIN JAYNES AND MILHORN

Roop isn't all that great, like one of the people said, he is like 350 pounds and bench presses 225, nowhere near to his body weight. He is just fat and tall and Lands on you and you're pushed back. He is also not very fast, and doesn't have heart for the game, he is just doing it to do it. All someone would have to do is push him from the side or take out his knees and he wouldn't have enough agility to stay up.

i guess your right(HAHA) thats why he has had many d1 letters not many kids around here is as big and not to mention SMART 4.0 and still play football like he does i remember 2 years ago at cloudland when Hampton was palying for the Championship and was losing at half time and Roop came out and put two bid hits on the QB to spark the team for a win but he's really not that good just fat (HA)

i guess your right(HAHA) thats why he has had many d1 letters not many kids around here is as big and not to mention SMART 4.0 and still play football like he does i remember 2 years ago at cloudland when Hampton was palying for the Championship and was losing at half time and Roop came out and put two bid hits on the QB to spark the team for a win but he's really not that good just fat (HA)

Yea thats why last year my sophmore year i got letters from UT asking me to come check out their college and compete in competitions they were holding for 40 run, high jump, bench press. But no he's so much better. He can't even bench his body weight. Not to mention all the other letters I got everyday from colleges during school, and if you don't believe me, call up Coach Ogg and ask him about having to give me the letters every day. I'm not playing this year, or I would show Roop up, because I'm taking the season off to get stronger, since every season i've been hurt and couldn't put on as much poundage as i liked because of injuries (last year broken rib) But next year I'll come back ready to go crazy on some people.

You people must be reeeaaalll slow. Keep puttin' this kid down on here. You get this yungin' fired up and you all are going to bite off more than you can chew. When he is motivated there is no more DOMINATE lineman in this area.Hampton came and supported us last night, I'll be there to watch the Dogs make the squaws squall like the girls they are. You know after that last beatdown we gave H.V. they have never played us again. After tonight I wonder if you'll ever put Hampton back on the schedule?I seriously doubt it.

Yea thats why last year my sophmore year i got letters from UT asking me to come check out their college and compete in competitions they were holding for 40 run, high jump, bench press. But no he's so much better. He can't even bench his body weight. Not to mention all the other letters I got everyday from colleges during school, and if you don't believe me, call up Coach Ogg and ask him about having to give me the letters every day. I'm not playing this year, or I would show Roop up, because I'm taking the season off to get stronger, since every season i've been hurt and couldn't put on as much poundage as i liked because of injuries (last year broken rib) But next year I'll come back ready to go crazy on some people.

that right there is the biggest bunch of BS on here. This ranks right up there with one of the old KING posts. You are not playing this year? broken rib? next year? i can't type i am laughing so hard. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that right there is the biggest bunch of BS on here. This ranks right up there with one of the old KING posts. You are not playing this year? broken rib? next year? i can't type i am laughing so hard. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Like I said, If you don't believe me call up Coach Ogg and ask him, or wait till next season and see.

sounds like you need to toughen up and quit whinning and get on the field if your really that good!