Marshall County@David Lipscomb (Official Thread)

allaboutsports

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring the matchup with Marshall County and the Mustangs will soon be posted on The Mustangfanpage. See the scouting reports, rosters, depth charts and other features on the game. The game will also be carried live on WAMB AND WKDA AM 900 and 1200. Also live over the internet at the Mustangfanpage.

Marshall County Fans will want to be sure and check the Visitors and Facilities link as the Parking situation has changed this year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, two guys who have had a heck of time passing Algebra II.

35 years of trying, 35 F's.

A really tragic story.

Both are doing well this year & when report cards came out Monday, both

passed the first nine weeks. But after surveying the scene & realizing that we

lose of bunch of seniors this year, I'm told school administrators are going to

insist that they be flunked again !!

I heard one of them say the other day he wasn't graduating until we beat David Lipscomb.

Gotta love his school spirit !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hopefully he doesn't play DT because I'd hate to see him get trapped this week. Nobody else that plays David Lipscomb can stop the trap.

The Mustangs are on a mission folks. Since they won the Class 2A State Title in 2002 they have come up short every year since then and all of the talk about them choking in the postseason is only throwing fuel on the fire that is about to start blazing through the postseason. DL lost the state title game to Huntingdon in '03, lost to Alcoa in the semifinals in '04, lost to Livingston Academy in the title game in '05, and lost to Fulton in the title game in '06.

The two time state champions are on a mission. Giles Co. found this to be true last week when they fell to David Lipscomb 35-3. I saw David Lipscomb & Marshall Co. in person. If the Tigers do not find ways to get Hightower the football and to get Braden in the open field then they are going to be in trouble. David Lipscomb wants for Morris to have to beat them on defense. They thrive on making opposing quarterbacks make mistakes by throwing interceptions. All of the bubble screens to O'Neal, Jones, & Greer will not work against the DL "Cover 2". The secondary for DL is very good with Holt & Rogers back there. Marshall has to pound the football and stick with it. David Lipscomb is going to run the ball and they are going to score. GET USED TO IT!!!! The trap to Holt & Moneypenney is coming. The rocket sweep to Davis is coming. The buck sweep to Holt & Moneypenney are coming. The spring draw is coming. FINALLY, the deep ball to Rogers is coming. I CAN TELL YOU THAT FOR 1 WEEK, 2 WEEKS, 3 WEEKS, 50 WEEKS..... IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!! The Mustangs Running Game is a machine.

Marshall Co. has a much improved defense. The Tigers have only allowed 47 points through 8 games this season on that side of the football. THE NEXT TWO WEEKS WILL BE THE HUGE TESTS!!!!

David Lipscomb: 35

Marshall Co.: 14

Lipscomb wins it 49-13 and it really wasn't that close. Marshall County has to be disappointed with their performance tonight. I know they are a better team than they showed in this game. Turnovers and costly holding penalties were definitely a factor. They will be on a mission next Friday against Giles County.

Lipscomb wins it 49-13 and it really wasn't that close. Marshall County has to be disappointed with their performance tonight. I know they are a better team than they showed in this game. Turnovers and costly holding penalties were definitely a factor. They will be on a mission next Friday against Giles County.

Yeah and the fact that they had 4 turnovers in the first half killed them as well.You just cant do that against any david lipscomb team.Russ Moneypenny,Jeremy Holt,and Zach Rogers didnt help the poor performance marshall county put up either.But key injurys for giles county to look at is Cavalla O'neal(Injured),Dakota Binkley(Injured),Trevor Walker(Injured),Joe Gentry(Injured),...Dont'a Hightower was injured at the end of the spring hill game but played during the lipscomb game and that didnt seem to help him at all...he was limping the whole game

Yeah and the fact that they had 4 turnovers in the first half killed them as well.You just cant do that against any david lipscomb team.Russ Moneypenny,Jeremy Holt,and Zach Rogers didnt help the poor performance marshall county put up either.But key injurys for giles county to look at is Cavalla O'neal(Injured),Dakota Binkley(Injured),Trevor Walker(Injured),Joe Gentry(Injured),...Dont'a Hightower was injured at the end of the spring hill game but played during the lipscomb game and that didnt seem to help him at all...he was limping the whole game

Did any of these injured people play against DL?

Did any of these injured people play against DL?

#1 Joe Gentry

#2 Don'ta Hightower

#3 Trevor Walker

#4 Cavalla O'Neal

#12 Deshawn Greer

Marshall Co. needs them all back next week in order to be able to beat Giles Co.

None of them were injured in the David Lipscomb game I don't believe bulldog. Hightower is banged up but he'll be fine. Greer & O'Neal are hurting and may miss significant time from what I have heard. I was unaware of Gentry's injury but it can't be good when your two linebacker studs in Hightower & Gentry are hurt and you are playing David Lipscomb.

IN FACT THAT IS THE PERFECT FORMULA FOR SEEING A LOT OF LONG TD RUNS BY HOLT & MONEYPENNY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm unaware that #1 is hurt. #12 has been out since the first of Oct. #3 has mri tomorrow on knee which was injured in DL game. #62 has been out for two weeks looks to be back for Giles game and #4 should be back by the playoffs. Not sure what injury for talking about for #2. The bad thing is all these guys are Seniors.

I'm unaware that #1 is hurt. #12 has been out since the first of Oct. #3 has mri tomorrow on knee which was injured in DL game. #62 has been out for two weeks looks to be back for Giles game and #4 should be back by the playoffs. Not sure what injury for talking about for #2. The bad thing is all these guys are Seniors.

Yeah that caught my eye too...that all the injured players were seniors...but yes Gentry,Hightower,and Walker played the DL game and all 3 are defensive captians...but Hightower had a ankle injury in the spring hill game on the sideline i think.But hopefully he can get back because if he's not back in time thats a hug chunk out of the marshall county team