Lavergne @ Wilson Central

dubcfan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres whats up with it (just watched the game again)

smyrna had ------------------------------ 1 personal foul in the second quarter on a play where the defender made contact in bounds and held on out of bounds as the runner continued to struggle for yardage borderline but not hardly the scenario laid out here that smyrna was cheap shotting and blind siding and decleaing oakland players

there was not hit to it at all as a matter of fact not even a shove they just fell to the ground out of bounds.

#7 ( who ran his mouth so much the official warned shad that he was trying to get thrown out and is looking for somebody to take with him) and rod both got unsportsman like penalties these were offsetting so - no penalty

and then in the 4th qtr a smyrna sub got an unsportman like for talking back to an official.

and that is the facts not the carnage you would have thought

but anyway back to the wc vs lavergne thread.

I am going by what YOUR PA announcer said during his play by play. He said there were 4 Unsportsmanlike Penalties against Smyrna....unless your PA does not know what he is talking about .I didn't dream this up, ask anyone sitting around me. It was discussed in great detail. Ask 5afootballfan. I would get rid of your PA guy if he was saying that and it wasn't true. It sure made Smyrna look bad to our side. I know one was on us too and it was offsetting, but what about the other 3? Just don't think your PA guy would make it up. Seems like he is the same guy who has been there for yrs, isn't he? I know one of them was on your #8 or #9 seems like in the 3rd Q. I don't have access to any gamefilm to check anything out myself , but Let's remember that our #7 has played in the same secondary as our #15 for yrs and was VERY upset about seeing his good friend taken off via ambulance with his neck being stabalized and a helicopter flying around that everyone thought was Lifeflight. I think maybe even SMYRNA players might get a little riled up if that had been one of yall, esp when SHS players had to be told to take a knee.

I don't know where you are getting the carnage thing. I merely said that yall got 4 unsportsmanlike conducts flags. I didn't say yall beat us up or anything of the like.

PS.... I am not whining....we lost....fair and square... no doubt about it..... but Smyrna needs to get that stuff under control. Peetie has never had any trouble in his 3 yrs of varsity as a starter. If he is as hotheaded as you are making out, he would have been ejected at some point in his career.

I wasn't at the SHS/LHS game to know what actually happened and I know sometimes things can get out of hand in a rivalry both sides were probably guilty. I do know there is no place for any of that stuff for any team or school. Smyrna is too talented to lose yds for any mental mistakes like that.

The only thing I noticed (which is kinda' iffy) is Smyrna's band continued to play while people were injured. It may not be big to some people, but I think it's a great disrespect to those people.

No disrespect to Smyrna, of course.

Yep, their band played when the paramedics were putting Messick in the ambulance and our fans were standing and applauding for him. The football team and its coaches have no control over what the band does, so they can't be blamed for that, but it sure made us mad. Of course by that time all of us were pretty upset and very sensitive.

I guess a band person could say.....my tuba is going to whup your tuba's butt?

I am going by what YOUR PA announcer said during his play by play. He said there were 4 Unsportsmanlike Penalties against Smyrna....unless your PA does not know what he is talking about .I didn't dream this up, ask anyone sitting around me. It was discussed in great detail. Ask 5afootballfan. I would get rid of your PA guy if he was saying that and it wasn't true. It sure made Smyrna look bad to our side. I know one was on us too and it was offsetting, but what about the other 3? Just don't think your PA guy would make it up. Seems like he is the same guy who has been there for yrs, isn't he? I know one of them was on your #8 or #9 seems like in the 3rd Q. I don't have access to any gamefilm to check anything out myself , but Let's remember that our #7 has played in the same secondary as our #15 for yrs and was VERY upset about seeing his good friend taken off via ambulance with his neck being stabalized and a helicopter flying around that everyone thought was Lifeflight. I think maybe even SMYRNA players might get a little riled up if that had been one of yall, esp when SHS players had to be told to take a knee.

I don't know where you are getting the carnage thing. I merely said that yall got 4 unsportsmanlike conducts flags. I didn't say yall beat us up or anything of the like.

PS.... I am not whining....we lost....fair and square... no doubt about it..... but Smyrna needs to get that stuff under control. Peetie has never had any trouble in his 3 yrs of varsity as a starter. If he is as hotheaded as you are making out, he would have been ejected at some point in his career.

I wasn't at the SHS/LHS game to know what actually happened and I know sometimes things can get out of hand in a rivalry both sides were probably guilty. I do know there is no place for any of that stuff for any team or school. Smyrna is too talented to lose yds for any mental mistakes like that.

there werent any more just the 2 noted and you said 4 unsportmen like plus on late hit. I am sorry shay 64 came on here with her sour grapes and pulled you into this but I just watched the game and it is exactly as I said.

I watched the entire game and there is nothing to get under control. And yes #7 started mouthing way before anybody got hurt and what I said is also exactly what the official said at halftime and our coaches told everyone to stay away from #7 aftrer the play. Somebody said something to #7 at half time also because he said nothing after that.

what I have said is all fact based on the tape that I will send you if you like to confirm

Quite honestly I was suprised when I read the post because I did not remeber any problems during the game or anything so I went back and watched it to see if I was just un aware but I didn't see anything including the tackle out of bounds that was called becaue the tackler didn't release the runner. I did not see a single late "hit" on anybody

but Im getting off the wc vs lavergne thread I guess we will just have to dis agree on this one

cat hit the nail on the head with this one. Tillery was tackled on a screen pass and hurt his leg. but hey, whatever you need to do to feel better about yourself, you go right ahead and do it. The only unsportsmanlike penalty called in the lavergne-smyrna game was sonny being hit late out og bounds.

that unsportsmanlike penalty when sonny got "hit" outta of bounds was bogus.. pretty good acting job by sonny tho. hey, he is good at pitchin, running, quarterbacking, why not acting? lol but on tape and during the game it definately didn't look like it was malicious or on purpose.

but as long as La Vergne can just hold WC to under 150 yds runnin and let the "explosive" offense show up then La Vergne wins.

If WC runs up and down the field then La Vergne will lose.

end of story.