2008 Stone Memorial Football?

PantherMa

Iam sorry if i stepped on toes but U can't blame coaches for fumbles and penelties.And that was the difference in the Bledsoe game.U know u bledsoe fans r all-full cocky for some team that has beat a high school team from crossville one time in 40 years .And thats ok i can live with that.What i can't live with is people pointing fingers at coaches.Didn't hear one negative word last year about coaches and its the same staff.Some of those coaches have 5a region championships under thier belts.Some of them where 5a region champions This year hasn't went the way us fans would have like it.Players dont so up for practice and one starter didn't so up for the Bledsoe game.What does a coach do.It was obvious the coaches didnt know come on that jutless to say.My son is going to show up every day and work his butt off or i'll take care of it.I don't need a coach to motivate him i can help there.

Since you responded to my post, I will write back. If you think fumbles and penalties are not coaching, you obviously KNOW NOTHING! That is all coaching. Those things are worked out very early on or players should run til they drop. Not showing up for practice or games...COACHING...They have no discipline and no motivation. If these things are true, you all have more problems than I thought you did. Sorry for all of you that have kids in that school, but I do hope we keep you on our schedule...Everyone needs an off week.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighting, bickering, etc. usually takes place between people who actually know what is going on, tell the truth, and want things to get better, and the folks who just don't know any better (sorry, but like Bledsoebtheboys) or deep down do not want really want things to improve and do not want to do or have their children do what it takes to make things better. I have watched ahtletics in Crossville for many many years and unless you all have a major turn around...Stone will be no better next year than this year. If you all continue to say well its just a tough region, or its just our 1st real season and we are building...you will not get better. Do something for the kids playing...demand a coaching staff that knows something about the game (it was obvious watching them play Bledsoe that they do not), demand the kids get in the weight room (in is apparent they are not strong), demand they get in shape (they are not), and do better for the youth up there. Like I said, fighting and bickering , as some call it takes place when some people want to see better things done...be that kind of person because you obviosly care about Stone and do not want to see them losing terribly. Oh, and look at the bright side... you all have Livingston this week and from their record and the scores of their games this year, they are bad so you might win one this week.

Have you ever heard of the phrase.........don't judge a book by it's cover..I don't believe I would chalk up that win just yet. Although LA hasn't won a game don't tell the whole story about just how good or bad they are. I'm sure that LA hasn't chalked up the win either but I'm sure they feel like they can compete with Stone. Guess that's why they play the games. Go get em Cats

Can I get an L A

I don't think Stone fans were disrespecting LA. It was the Bledsoe County fans and their fueding with Stone Memorial. My hope is that Livingston Academy stays out of that feud and doesn't cast stones at anyone else. Both LA and Stone need a win and this week gives both a chance. It should be an exciting game. Region 2-3A is a tough region and anyone who doesn't think so doesn't play in it.

Can Stone and LA compete? Of course they can , LA won the state title in '05 and many want to quickly forget. The thing is rural schools sometimes have to rebuild and LA is rebuilding and Stone being a new school has to build from the ground up. This is a big game for both teams and will make a good game for WCTE Game of the Week in the Upper Cumberland.

They should be better next year. Didnt stone have alot of injuries this year I know the QB was hurt during the preseasonI think their hole back field except QB is coming back.Losing 4 out of 5 ol kids but that was the weakest

part of their team maybe off season weight room will make that better.Also i heard they where losing a coach or too.

Maybe DC and OC or something like that.Not for sure but some players said DC was leaving.And OC was moving out of state maybe all just rumors at this point.

"My son is going to show up every day and work his butt off or i'll take care of it.I don't need a coach to motivate him i can help there. " That quote pretty much tells you the problem. It is great that a parent says his son will show up and work but when you make the comment "i don't need a coach to motivate him" then you are saying what I felt was the problem at Stone anyway...the parents have no faith in the coaches and the coaches aren't in control of the program. I have to also state that penalties are one of the biggest displays of discipline or lack of discipline that there is. If your team is getting alot of penalties then you need to look into your discipline. Also, I will state what I did in the CCHS topic. Are the parents willing to let the coaches do their jobs and keep their noses out of it. Are the players willing to sacrifice to do the work needed to become competitive. Finally, does the administration and the current coaches have the guts to take control of the program and really try and make a change for the better. Quit making excuses of why you can't compete. There is really no difference in ability between Stone and Anderson, Livingston, Scott, and Kingston. What those other teams have is tradition and an apparent work ethic without excuses.

"My son is going to show up every day and work his butt off or i'll take care of it.I don't need a coach to motivate him i can help there. " That quote pretty much tells you the problem. It is great that a parent says his son will show up and work but when you make the comment "i don't need a coach to motivate him" then you are saying what I felt was the problem at Stone anyway...the parents have no faith in the coaches and the coaches aren't in control of the program. I have to also state that penalties are one of the biggest displays of discipline or lack of discipline that there is. If your team is getting alot of penalties then you need to look into your discipline. Also, I will state what I did in the CCHS topic. Are the parents willing to let the coaches do their jobs and keep their noses out of it. Are the players willing to sacrifice to do the work needed to become competitive. Finally, does the administration and the current coaches have the guts to take control of the program and really try and make a change for the better. Quit making excuses of why you can't compete. There is really no difference in ability between Stone and Anderson, Livingston, Scott, and Kingston. What those other teams have is tradition and an apparent work ethic without excuses.

Well i didn't mean for it to sound the way you are putting it.Iam for the coaches i'll do what ever they want me to do.

My son will be pro coaches and not against them.But coaches can only do so much.Do u think Bear Bryant didn't have kids that fumble or got penalties someone said its a lack of discipline and i agree to a curtain degree.But if u are a young program u have to live with some of that.We arn't very good yet.Thats the excuse iam making.Not any thing else

Its not fun losing to Pikeville but thats what we did and we will just have to get better.I think our DC and OC are leaving the program if i heard my son correct.Thats sad cause i thought both coaches worked real hard at practices.

And maybe we can get good replacements for them.

if that is what you meant badblood i didn't mean to be so harsh. however, losing a DC and an OC doesn't exactly mean a whole lot. i think that when you are in a young program as you guys are you must make a statement as a group. I have watched the same things going on in bledsoe county. They hire a coach who doesn't have any experience as a head coach and he hires some coaches who aren't very good. all of a sudden he is saying he needs help and you have 2 coaches who are now in your school and have made relationships with the players. it is my belief that the head coach MUST be the one who goes and then you allow the new coach to hire his people. OK OK it is high school and you have to have teachers but there is always the opportunity to at least hire a couple. If the head coach wants them let him have them if not then HE must be willing to coach with fewer assistants until he can get the ones he wants. Evaluating a staff, putting a staff together, giving them direction, motivating and developing their skills is as important as being able to do the very same things with the players.