2A Playoff Standings thru week 8

riverrat

Why even bother? A 2A school hasn't beat Alcoa in what seems like a decade.

because trying to win against a great opponent only makes you better..otherwise they would canel 2A and just give Alcoa the gold ball each year...but every great team finally had the day come when they lost...will it be this year...only time will tell...but it will happen someday

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After week 8 it looks to me that all 3 region 5 teams will go east. The west is overloaded. Richland could go to the southeast if they get in. If they don't...I think 2 region 5 teams will go to one east quadrant...and 1 team will go to the other east quadrant. Of course...that could change in the next 2 weeks.

From the TSSAA site

Once the thirty-two teams have been selected for the Class 2A playoffs, there will be four eight team brackets created according to geography. The two eight team brackets from the middle and eastern part of the state will comprise the top half of the 32-team bracket and the two eight team brackets from the middle and western part of the state will be the lower part of the 32-team bracket.

This sounds to me like the state will be divided into the four parts by making an East and West bracket, and taking the middle and dividing it in half from top to bottom. It had been specualted that the 'quadrants' would be actual quadrants, dividing the state up into North East, North West, South East, and South West brackets. While I think that would be a lot more fun, it doesn't read to me that that will be the way it gets divided.

From the TSSAA site

Once the thirty-two teams have been selected for the Class 2A playoffs, there will be four eight team brackets created according to geography. The two eight team brackets from the middle and eastern part of the state will comprise the top half of the 32-team bracket and the two eight team brackets from the middle and western part of the state will be the lower part of the 32-team bracket.

This sounds to me like the state will be divided into the four parts by making an East and West bracket, and taking the middle and dividing it in half from top to bottom. It had been specualted that the 'quadrants' would be actual quadrants, dividing the state up into North East, North West, South East, and South West brackets. While I think that would be a lot more fun, it doesn't read to me that that will be the way it gets divided.

I don't think that's clear. It just says there will be a top and bottom bracket. It doesn't say the teams will be divided from top to bottom. You are right that is seems the middle will be divided.

I think thay region 2 has a pretty good chance to get five teams into the playoffs. Rockwood is a lock at the four spot but will 5-5 be good enough for Sweetwater to get in?? I personally think it may. My personal prediction for the finals will be Alcoa v. Westview. They should be able to break through from the West.

I think thay region 2 has a pretty good chance to get five teams into the playoffs. Rockwood is a lock at the four spot but will 5-5 be good enough for Sweetwater to get in?? I personally think it may. My personal prediction for the finals will be Alcoa v. Westview. They should be able to break through from the West.

There is no 4 spot this year. Only top 3 qualify. Rockwood may be a lock for a wildcard.