District 11-AAA

TnScout11

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin beat brentwood by 10 at home. Highly competitive game. Peyton Henry stepped up for Franklin. Teichmann was a force for Brentwood in the 2nd half but Franklin never vanquished the lead. Wil Franklin lose in the district this year??

It's unlikely, but I think that Kegarise's injury is a big blow to this team. Sure, they have several guys that can step up on any given night, but that kid is a phenomenal shooter and a big part of their offensive game plan. Plus, it seems like he and Young complement each other somewhat. Franklin is still the best team in the district, but the loss of maybe their best shooter hurts them and could be a big one when it comes to post season play. Time will tell, though.

It's unlikely, but I think that Kegarise's injury is a big blow to this team. Sure, they have several guys that can step up on any given night, but that kid is a phenomenal shooter and a big part of their offensive game plan. Plus, it seems like he and Young complement each other somewhat. Franklin is still the best team in the district, but the loss of maybe their best shooter hurts them and could be a big one when it comes to post season play. Time will tell, though.

I am not sure what you mean by "loss" becasue Kegarise will be back in action Tuesday at Hillsboro. Peyton Henry, another junior by the way, led the Rebels with 19 points and 5 threes. These kids at Franklin keep plugging away and each night a different guy steps up. The "triangle and 2" may have kept some from scoring big last night, but I'll take 19 from Henry any day! Also, just another double/double for junior Jamaul Starnes!

Go Rebels

i didnt get to go to the centennial game this week, but i from several friends it was quite a game.

one note i want to add, is that Ty Jones has been battling the flu for sometime. it seems he managed to battle threw that, and step up for his team when needed. i would like to think had Drew played he would dropped atleast 15 and this would not have go to overtime, but we'll never know...

I am not sure what you mean by "loss" becasue Kegarise will be back in action Tuesday at Hillsboro. Peyton Henry, another junior by the way, led the Rebels with 19 points and 5 threes. These kids at Franklin keep plugging away and each night a different guy steps up. The "triangle and 2" may have kept some from scoring big last night, but I'll take 19 from Henry any day! Also, just another double/double for junior Jamaul Starnes!

Go Rebels

That's great news...I had heard his knee injury was serious, so that's what I was talking about. Sorry for the error.

Middle Tennessee group has had astounding success.

Those who saw the newspaper this weekend probably did'nt pay much mind to Franklin's 64-54 victory over Brentwood.

Franklin fans were happy for the district win but the rest of the state probably didn't make much out of it.

Did you know that going back to the 2005-2006 season the Rebels of Franklin High have won an astouding 44 straight district games. Thats three consectutive regular season 11AAA crowns and two district tourney crowns as well.

The accomplishment is made even more incredible by the fact the current Franklin team is configured with a host of juniors. The Class of 2009 makes up almost 95% of the scoring and boardwork for the Rebels.

The Rebels and Coach Jay Johnson have incredible balance with a different player providing the fireworks on any given night.

In the Brentwood game junior Kevin Kegarise was sidelined with a minor injury and fellow classmate Peyton Henry dropped 19 in his stead. On any given Tuesday or Friday juniors Micheal Young, Jamal Starnes, James Haddix, Daniel Miller-McLemore, Reed Glover or the aforementioned Kegarise or Henry could lead the Rebels in scoring.

Stay plugged in to the continued success of the Franklin boys as they work their way for another 11AAA crown at the conclusion of this regular season.

I had a chance to catch an Independence basketball game the other night, and I didn't recognize one person out there. Now I will be the first to admit I don't pay a whole lot of attention to basketball but I do know that they had a great regular season last year that was cut too short in the post season. I guess the graduation bug has hit them hard. Any thoughts?

I had a chance to catch an Independence basketball game the other night, and I didn't recognize one person out there. Now I will be the first to admit I don't pay a whole lot of attention to basketball but I do know that they had a great regular season last year that was cut too short in the post season. I guess the graduation bug has hit them hard. Any thoughts?

Yea, as u would say "graduation bug" has hit them but that definately doesnt mean they are not a respectable team... When they play like they can, they will play with most anybody... Just keep ur eyes open as the season goes on cause they are getting better each week.

Yup, that was by far our worst game of the season. We were missing 4 players to football, especially Jamaul Starnes who is averaging about 14 points and 9 rebounds a game. But, you did beat us. I am more worried about seeing NE Clarksville. How do you explain getting beat by McGavock? They also beat us by 2. We have played a very tough non-distrct schedule. Mt. Juliet, 21 point win, a very tough 3 games in Florida, Columbia 3 times. You are right though, until we can prove we can play outside the district people will doubt us.

It's a bit early to be talking about going to "THE BORO" but FHS will hopefully win their D11 conference & then meet Antioch HS in the Region finals. There, they will be playing for Home Court advantage for the Sub-State game. If we lose, we gotta go to Clarksville again and face a talented team. Hopefully, we won't get our butt kicked like last year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Time will tell!! GO REBELS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's a bit early to be talking about going to "THE BORO" but FHS will hopefully win their D11 conference & then meet Antioch HS in the Region finals. There, they will be playing for Home Court advantage for the Sub-State game. If we lose, we gotta go to Clarksville again and face a talented team. Hopefully, we won't get our butt kicked like last year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Time will tell!! GO REBELS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I doubt you will be going to Clarksville at least not Clarksville High anyway. I thought so, and I even said so once before, but after watching Clarksville lose to Springfield I would say Northeast will win D10 and then Franklin will end up going to Northeast or maybe Lavergne from D9.

I still say it will be tough for Franklin to come out of the region. The district that they play in just does not test them. It shows when they get to region. But as Philly and Harrik will tell you, they are talented and will probably finish 2nd in region behind Antioch. Then we will see what happens. Good Luck to all of you.

Centennial beats Smyrna tonight 70-61. A little closer matchup than last time, when CHS was leading 40-8 at halftime. 5 Cougars scored in double figures (Stroop 19, McLemore 15, Williams 11, Jones and Mixer each with 10). Jesse Torres had 23 to lead the Bulldogs.

Kelly did not play, and it is highly unlikely he will play tomorrow against Brentwood. His status for the Franklin game is still up in the air. From what I hear, he was trying to practice this week. But from this entire situation, the play of the Centennial Cougars has been nothing short of inspired. A different guy has stepped up every night to lead the Cougars. Definitely an answer to the "one-man team" persona that has been branded on the team. Ty Jones, who was averaging a little less than 6 points a game prior to DK's injury, has averaged 15 in the three games since that time. Allante picked up a season high 28 at Ravenwood, and tonight, we see Ben Mixer come up huge with a career high 10 points and strong play on the glass all night. Other guys like Means and Williams have been sensational on the glass, grabbing huge rebounds and showing strong defensive play. Yes, Drew may be the center of the team, but to see these guys play like this at a time many thought they would be screwed, it is something for the CHS faithfiul to be proud of.