Brian Sommer

wbballer22

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal:

Brian Sommer got kicked off Alcoa's team and expelled.but after he enrolled at Karns and now is Karn's letting him play?

No, he is facing a court date in the near future. He lives in the Karn's zone though. It's where he grew up prior to transferring to Alcoa as a 9th grader. I am sure he is crossing his fingers that Kentucky does not back off their offer. They haven't as of yet according to my sources.

If Brian Sommer lives in the Karns zone then why is he playing for Alcoa. I thought that you had to go to school in the zone that you lived? Was Sommer an ineligible player. I thought that Alcoa said they did not have to recruit players.

Unlike Knox County, you can pay "tuition" to attend school in the Alcoa and Maryville school systems.

If Brian Sommer lives in the Karns zone then why is he playing for Alcoa. I thought that you had to go to school in the zone that you lived? Was Sommer an ineligible player. I thought that Alcoa said they did not have to recruit players.

Why did he choose to play at Alcoa. Simple. Karns has won two games, and Alcoa will compete for another state title.

He certainly isn't the only Knox Co. kid playing for a team in Blount Co.

Curious how the Alcoa fans react to this statement in the Knox News Sentinel from the A-E coach?

"He's not a bad kid," said Graham. "He just got around the wrong crowd. The good thing at Austin-East, you won't see that here, especially in sports. The only problem they (A-E athletes) have is (playing) that NCAA football video game on Playstation. They do a good job of avoiding negative behavior."

Link:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/oct/30/s...am/?prepxtra=1/

Sounds like a blanket indictment to all Aloca athletes. At least that's the way I read it.