South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

42 ... get real /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> not even if we play twice and thats what i expect. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Best set of playoff games in years for these two regions. Every game will be a barn burner.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the receivers for South this year? And what about some of the names on defense?

Top 3 of course are: KK, Johnson, & Martin. Best hands going to KK, best effort going to Johnson, and speed going to Martin. Next is Jeffers who of late is a preferred reciever. The real speed is on the bench in Watterson. Hands are coming along. I believe his attitude is keeping him on the sideline. Then Garvin at TE is a sleeper. And finally, Shanks, Fletcher, and Collins out of the backfield...all with sure hands and speed. All the right people are on Defense with one exception they just need to be shuffled around a bit. Fletcher needs to be back on D. He is not a leading tackler but is a difference maker. We're looking at Collins, Garvin, Phillips, Acero and Fletcher. Those are the make it break it people. The DB's (even and especially with Zanoni aka "Zoi") and the front are solid. The LB's and DE's will determine how the D plays Friday. Everybody else will do their job but it takes 11. I look for a D team effort not yet seen in '07!

Love is in the air........... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Cocky? Over confident? If you back it up, it ain't neither. And for those of you who think South is a one man team, I hope you are still around this time next year as we win our 4th MLC title in a row without Curt. Save this post cause I guarantee it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

IF Is the key word /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ..and you have to win a 3rd before you can win a 4th , last i heard anyway!

Know would have been a better choice /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You Gotta be WaCo's brother /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Top 3 of course are: KK, Johnson, & Martin. Best hands going to KK, best effort going to Johnson, and speed going to Martin. Next is Jeffers who of late is a preferred reciever. The real speed is on the bench in Watterson. Hands are coming along. I believe his attitude is keeping him on the sideline. Then Garvin at TE is a sleeper. And finally, Shanks, Fletcher, and Collins out of the backfield...all with sure hands and speed. All the right people are on Defense with one exception they just need to be shuffled around a bit. Fletcher needs to be back on D. He is not a leading tackler but is a difference maker. We're looking at Collins, Garvin, Phillips, Acero and Fletcher. Those are the make it break it people. The DB's (even and especially with Zanoni aka "Zoi") and the front are solid. The LB's and DE's will determine how the D plays Friday. Everybody else will do their job but it takes 11. I look for a D team effort not yet seen in '07!

Thanks

How many receivers does South normally have in their offensive formation? I haven't seen the Rebels this year. I'm assuming Carter will stick with the Shotgun and not use some archaic formation. It worked great last year though. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Campusat you are the only poster from South that ever has anything remotely constructive to add to the conversation. Most if not all of the others that post sit around beating their chests chanting “we’re better than you are…na-na na-na boo boo”. Why don’t we try something different this week and actually talk about the two teams and how they match up. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> If you think South is going to run all over THS tell us why. And don’t say “because you can’t stop our boy Curt” or you will not only prove my point but you’ll look like a total moron!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Now I know this is going to be a tuff task for many of you (especially Volman who hasn’t posted a relative remark all year), so by all means continue your chest beating if that makes you feel like a champion.

I was curious to know why South is ranked so low in the conference against the pass this year? My thought is that most teams are playing catch-up so they are forced to pass the ball more than they normally do. Or has your defensive backs strugled against the pass?

Campusat you are the only poster from South that ever has anything remotely constructive to add to the conversation. Most if not all of the others that post sit around beating their chests chanting ?we?re better than you are?na-na na-na boo boo?. Why don?t we try something different this week and actually talk about the two teams and how they match up. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> If you think South is going to run all over THS tell us why. And don?t say ?because you can?t stop our boy Curt? or you will not only prove my point but you?ll look like a total moron!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Now I know this is going to be a tuff task for many of you (especially Volman who hasn?t posted a relative remark all year), so by all means continue your chest beating if that makes you feel like a champion.

I was curious to know why South is ranked so low in the conference against the pass this year? My thought is that most teams are playing catch-up so they are forced to pass the ball more than they normally do. Or has your defensive backs strugled against the pass?

Cap

It would concern me a little if I were a Viking fan that they didn't lay the hammer to Central. All though the D pitched a 2nd straight shutout. It could be a matter of the kids looking ahead a little and the coaches maybe not showing all the cards before this weeks game. I think we witnessed a little of that at JFred on Friday night as well. What is the status of Shepard?

All I know is Kingsport is going to be a packed city come Friday night!

Cap

It would concern me a little if I were a Viking fan that they didn't lay the hammer to Central. All though the D pitched a 2nd straight shutout. It could be a matter of the kids looking ahead a little and the coaches maybe not showing all the cards before this weeks game. I think we witnessed a little of that at JFred on Friday night as well. What is the status of Shepard?

3 fumbles prevented any hammering. THS had the ball on about the 1 or 2 yard line with less than a minute to go in the 4th quarter and elected to take a knee as opposed to punching another touchdown in to make it 35-0.

Cap

Four (4) touchdowns to Zero (0). Central only had Six first downs with a total of only 122 total yards. Only past the fifty yard line 1 time the entire game with only one play going for more than 7 yards.

On the other hand 247 rushing yards split between 4 backs (one 88 yard TD called back for a holding call well away from the play), and 134 yards and two TDs through the air. I’m thinking the hammer fell…but I may be mistaken. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

3 fumbles prevented any hammering. THS had the ball on about the 1 or 2 yard line with less than a minute to go in the 4th quarter and elected to take a knee as opposed to punching another touchdown in to make it 35-0.

Don't forget about the TD called back..... Did anybody out there honestly see holding???????????????????