South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

Comp,

DANG IT! Why can't somebody play on a Thursday! It's 4:15 pm and I honestly don't know whether I am heading to J Fred to see Gilligan and the SS Topper get tossed or head to Death Valley to see D vs O. I may flip a coin around 6 o'clock. Sure as the world turns, I'll wish I had went to the "other" game, which ever I choose. Maybe I'll just avoid the decision and go to North or Volunteer. Well, probably not. I'll let you know later what I decided. I do think DB will put it on Science Hill tonight. Coach G may even allow the score to get into that magic "second half running clock mode". But, I have yet to see TN High this year, so I am leaning that direction.

By the way comp, who the huge kid that transfered in? I assume he will not be contributing anything this year? Understand he's a sophomore.

Cap, comp's boy is also a Junior.

Cap and comp, I'm not gonna make a score predication on this game. I have my opinions, but who really knows. It is true that Chuck Norris wears Curt pajamas, but I do think South is a much better "team" than many give them credit for. I think they will be fine next year when Curt leaves.

I think the current South team could be better if players were moved around a bit and great talent didn't get left on the bench. I also agree with you comp, Fletcher needs to be in the game at LB. He disrupts things when he's on the field. The three in the middle should be #44, Garvin, and Fletcher. (Really cool that #44 will be wearing #30 tonight by the way. Made the hair on my neck stand up when I read about it in Tricitiessports.) Then move little Phillps to Right DE and teach him to contain better than the GreenEville game. Spell the line more - mark my words, you're gonna wish you had once the playoffs start. South's ace up the sleeve tonight may be a healthy Michael Acero. With all that said, this team has the potential and talent to certainly get to Maryville this season. Then, who knows.

I think Stubbs could be guilty like Carter of leaving some talent on the bench. I think Taylor Harmon, given a real chance, should be the top QB in NET next season, with Jeffers being #2. Not sure where you put Canty, but you find an athlete a spot. Can't remember the sophomore RB, or if I have seen him play. Sounds like he's a stud as well.

Friday Night Lights!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tn High has the defense and offense to win this game. Will they, that's what we will find out. Since the Greeneville game, South has been on a mission to win the Mr. Football award for Phillips. They have rolled over inferior competition but tonight they will meet up with a team tha can smack them in their mouths right back. This will be a good game to get both teams ready for the playoffs.

The Vikings assigment is not hard to figure out. Make Phillips pass to beat you but keep everything in front of you. The hard part will be to execute it. If Phillips is able to break containment and starts running north annd south then it will be hard for the safeties to stay home and that's when the game will break up. If the Viking Defense is able to make him run east and west and dump the ball off they have a chance because their running game will dictate the south defense by picking up first downs and running the clock. Phillips arm surprises you during the game because no one else in this area can throw it the way he can. The only mistakes he makes throwing the ball is when you can get him pressured into making bad decisions, which is easier said then done. I believe that Tn High's defense is good enough to do that but will they?

TN High in the upset.

Comp,

DANG IT! Why can't somebody play on a Thursday! It's 4:15 pm and I honestly don't know whether I am heading to J Fred to see Gilligan and the SS Topper get tossed or head to Death Valley to see D vs O. I may flip a coin around 6 o'clock. Sure as the world turns, I'll wish I had went to the "other" game, which ever I choose. Maybe I'll just avoid the decision and go to North or Volunteer. Well, probably not. I'll let you know later what I decided. I do think DB will put it on Science Hill tonight. Coach G may even allow the score to get into that magic "second half running clock mode". But, I have yet to see TN High this year, so I am leaning that direction.

By the way comp, who the huge kid that transfered in? I assume he will not be contributing anything this year? Understand he's a sophomore.

Cap, comp's boy is also a Junior.

Cap and comp, I'm not gonna make a score predication on this game. I have my opinions, but who really knows. It is true that Chuck Norris wears Curt pajamas, but I do think South is a much better "team" than many give them credit for. I think they will be fine next year when Curt leaves.

I think the current South team could be better if players were moved around a bit and great talent didn't get left on the bench. I also agree with you comp, Fletcher needs to be in the game at LB. He disrupts things when he's on the field. The three in the middle should be #44, Garvin, and Fletcher. (Really cool that #44 will be wearing #30 tonight by the way. Made the hair on my neck stand up when I read about it in Tricitiessports.) Then move little Phillps to Right DE and teach him to contain better than the GreenEville game. Spell the line more - mark my words, you're gonna wish you had once the playoffs start. South's ace up the sleeve tonight may be a healthy Michael Acero. With all that said, this team has the potential and talent to certainly get to Maryville this season. Then, who knows.

I think Stubbs could be guilty like Carter of leaving some talent on the bench. I think Taylor Harmon, given a real chance, should be the top QB in NET next season, with Jeffers being #2. Not sure where you put Canty, but you find an athlete a spot. Can't remember the sophomore RB, or if I have seen him play. Sounds like he's a stud as well.

Friday Night Lights!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If it makes it any easier on your decision making the DB-Sh game will be the game of the week on Charter Media.

28-21 South

Good game tonight. Tennessee High jumped up 13-0 and led 21-14 at the half. South captured the lead in the 4th quarter and held Tennessee High in the redzone which led to the victory. Philips was impressive as expected. Both teams played a tough game and should make an impact in the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To sum it up. Two VERY bad calls back to back (both fumbles and both going South's way) changed the entire tempo of this game and played an undeniably BIG part in South's victory tonight. If anybody can dispute that fact I would like to hear it.

The refs ruled them fumbles. That's why I prefer Baker over the other backs. Keenan did well tonight, he's just a sophomore, and will be a big help for Tennessee High in the playoffs.

To sum it up. Two VERY bad calls back to back (both fumbles and both going South's way) changed the entire tempo of this game and played an undeniably BIG part in South's victory tonight. If anybody can dispute that fact I would like to hear it.

Come on Cap, your not goning down that road are you? "IF" the refs missed those calls they just plain missed them, but I am sure they probably missed calls in your favor also. Don't try to take away from either side by saying the refs blew this game.

I heard this was a classic, my good friends over at South said that TH defense was the best they have seen all year!

I did warn them that every yard would have to be fought for, hate I missed it, maybe I'll catch the re-match?

Good Luck to everyone headed for the play-offs, I hope someone can bring a Gold Ball back to NET! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE ARE D-B!!!!!!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />