Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

First of all, Influence is what we're all upset about.........what kind of "coach" is worried about influence. If he wins games it doesn't matter if ' Johnny" the Dr's son, or teachers son gets to play. No one fires a winning coach. I agree the coach inherited some serious attitudes but he did nothing to change them. He let the same old bs trash talk and laziness continue and did nothing to correct it. The BENCH would've been a cure for that within the first few weeks of practice. Some of these " attitudes" would have easily been cured had these kids been sent to the sidelines to think about their attitude and commitment in the 90 degree temps. comming to practice every day just to stand in the heat and do nothing. Instead, ss came in with an " I'm your buddy attitude and we're going to have fun" and these kids ran all over him and so did some of the parents. Maybe you need to rent the movie, Remember the Titans and watch it. That coach didn't come in to a well conditioned team with heart and great attitude and just open a playbook and teach it.......WAKE UP!! The COACH built a TEAM with heart. That's what a coach is. We, at SHHS expected a COACH and a strong leader. I believe ss is a good man with a good heart but IMO he is in way over his head. He could be successful at SH but he needs to do a 180. The HEART of the team comes from the COACH. If a kid doesn't have heart or commitment..........introduce them to the sideline until they find it! ss also allowed the "seniors are superior " attitude to polute the team from the start and he even encouraged it. On the football field, all players are a team. There should be no senior, junior, sophomore. They are all ONE on the field and the BEST players for the position PLAY. The " personal fouls" comment, GO BACK and look at how many the COACHES got this year!

The fans supported the coach and the team in the beginning but it's hard to support a coach that makes poor and wreckless decisions and ruins a team. IMO, he had some great athletes and instead of getting the best out of them, he allowed them to go backwards. No one is attacking ss on a personal level, he's a good man, but he's not a good coach.

In a nutshell, here's a bit of advice to ss. Start next season with a whole new attitude. Make the team a team. Let it be known from the beginning that if you don't give 110% to the TEAM you will become very familiar with the sideline. If you don't support your BROTHERS you won't be on the team, no matter your talent or potential. DON'T separate the offense from the defense and allow trash talk within the team. DON'T cut corners and cut practices short. DON'T make poor decisions during games. STOP listening to " johnnys" daddy and stop listening to your other coaches (there're some poor attitudes there). Be the leader and build a winning TEAM.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great post!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is topvol at? Is he going to put the 3 picks on you tube. The QB play friday night was terrible. I agree we should have gave the ball to Soloman just to get it out of Hill's hands.

[/quote

HaHaHa.....sounds like someone needs a hug. You want your highlights up? No question that the three picks didn't help and especially the two that went back for six. They are called highights for a reason and no one forced you to look at them. Don't think I've ever even told anyone to go look at them. Qb play wasn't good not making excuses but I don't think there was ever any rythm to the offense with direct snaps to the running back for 14 straight plays and then bring in the qb to throw on 3rd down but then that would be making excuses. I know that there wasn't anyone hurting more because of the last two games. You know who I am and you wanna make up a new name and attack us. LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> My point is Solomon should have been the focal point of the offense all season.

]

Where is topvol at? Is he going to put the 3 picks on you tube. The QB play friday night was terrible. I agree we should have gave the ball to Soloman just to get it out of Hill's hands.

[/quote

HaHaHa.....sounds like someone needs a hug. You want your highlights up? No question that the three picks didn't help and especially the two that went back for six. They are called highights for a reason and no one forced you to look at them. Don't think I've ever even told anyone to go look at them. Qb play wasn't good not making excuses but I don't think there was ever any rythm to the offense with direct snaps to the running back for 14 straight plays and then bring in the qb to throw on 3rd down but then that would be making excuses. I know that there wasn't anyone hurting more because of the last two games. You know who I am and you wanna make up a new name and attack us. LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align]

Agreed. With the correct scheme, including Hill at Qb, Solomon would have been a 1800 yard type back. This would have included doses of Hill running and Trent at H-back. Oh what could have been......

]

[/quote

HaHaHa.....sounds like someone needs a hug. You want your highlights up? No question that the three picks didn't help and especially the two that went back for six. They are called highights for a reason and no one forced you to look at them. Don't think I've ever even told anyone to go look at them. Qb play wasn't good not making excuses but I don't think there was ever any rythm to the offense with direct snaps to the running back for 14 straight plays and then bring in the qb to throw on 3rd down but then that would be making excuses. I know that there wasn't anyone hurting more because of the last two games. You know who I am and you wanna make up a new name and attack us. LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align]

I agree Hill can run the ball and catch but in Smith's scheme he is not very good at QB ,but he is all with had left. I am not who you think i am. Just a old topper who beat DB twice.

First of all, Influence is what we're all upset about.........what kind of "coach" is worried about influence. If he wins games it doesn't matter if ' Johnny" the Dr's son, or teachers son gets to play. No one fires a winning coach. I agree the coach inherited some serious attitudes but he did nothing to change them. He let the same old bs trash talk and laziness continue and did nothing to correct it. The BENCH would've been a cure for that within the first few weeks of practice. Some of these " attitudes" would have easily been cured had these kids been sent to the sidelines to think about their attitude and commitment in the 90 degree temps. comming to practice every day just to stand in the heat and do nothing. Instead, ss came in with an " I'm your buddy attitude and we're going to have fun" and these kids ran all over him and so did some of the parents. Maybe you need to rent the movie, Remember the Titans and watch it. That coach didn't come in to a well conditioned team with heart and great attitude and just open a playbook and teach it.......WAKE UP!! The COACH built a TEAM with heart. That's what a coach is. We, at SHHS expected a COACH and a strong leader. I believe ss is a good man with a good heart but IMO he is in way over his head. He could be successful at SH but he needs to do a 180. The HEART of the team comes from the COACH. If a kid doesn't have heart or commitment..........introduce them to the sideline until they find it! ss also allowed the "seniors are superior " attitude to polute the team from the start and he even encouraged it. On the football field, all players are a team. There should be no senior, junior, sophomore. They are all ONE on the field and the BEST players for the position PLAY. The " personal fouls" comment, GO BACK and look at how many the COACHES got this year!

The fans supported the coach and the team in the beginning but it's hard to support a coach that makes poor and wreckless decisions and ruins a team. IMO, he had some great athletes and instead of getting the best out of them, he allowed them to go backwards. No one is attacking ss on a personal level, he's a good man, but he's not a good coach.

In a nutshell, here's a bit of advice to ss. Start next season with a whole new attitude. Make the team a team. Let it be known from the beginning that if you don't give 110% to the TEAM you will become very familiar with the sideline. If you don't support your BROTHERS you won't be on the team, no matter your talent or potential. DON'T separate the offense from the defense and allow trash talk within the team. DON'T cut corners and cut practices short. DON'T make poor decisions during games. STOP listening to " johnnys" daddy and stop listening to your other coaches (there're some poor attitudes there). Be the leader and build a winning TEAM.

Hilltopfan, this was a heartfelt, down to brass tacks post! Awesome job. If the kids played with this kinda heart, the season would sure change. One thing I've learned over the years though with kids and athletes in general, acorns don't fall far from the trees! Good luck next season.

good post. I want Coach Smith to be successful. If he is successful so are the young men that were Maroon and Gold. We all have to improve and so will Mr. Smith.

I agree Hill can run the ball and catch but in Smith's scheme he is not very good at QB ,but he is all with had left. I am not who you think i am. Just a old topper who beat DB twice.

You are who I thought you were or you would not have came at me with your post. I would have loved to see anyone do the job this year but it didn't look like there was anyone that could be the qb that Coach Smith needed to run this offense or have all the receivers that were needed but the games had to be played. I know what the game means to Tomas and he left everything he had on the field in every game he played and I could start naming some of the ones that I believed that didn't but I'm not gonna start calling out kids just because you have some problem with me trying to help my son get his goals accomplished. Nothing I wouldn't do for any kid that asked me to. Didn't hear any comments about the other kids videos I've put up or you saying anything about any other game played this year when a kid didn't play up to par so your exactly the person that I think you are.

You are who I thought you were or you would not have came at me with your post. I would have loved to see anyone do the job this year but it didn't look like there was anyone that could be the qb that Coach Smith needed to run this offense or have all the receivers that were needed but the games had to be played. I know what the game means to Tomas and he left everything he had on the field in every game he played and I could start naming some of the ones that I believed that didn't but I'm not gonna start calling out kids just because you have some problem with me trying to help my son get his goals accomplished. Didn't hear any comments about the other kids videos I've put up or you saying anything about any other game played this year when a kid didn't play up to par so your exactly the person that I think you are.

No i am not who you think i am. I came at you because you came at Sharpe when he was not playing good or so you thought he wasn't. I am a TOPPER. I played at Science Hill 92-94. I played for coach Sharpe and i like his son.

In spite of all the problems on the Hill and many shots across the bow at coach Smith including 1 or 2 by me. This is the first time that I am aware of a young Topper being called out by name for his play. Almost all other posts have had nothing but good about individual Toppers by name or if a comment is in a negative vain, true or not, it was made generically without name. As a former Topper, you can do better than that when one the best posters on here is connected to the young man and has shown nothing but class inregard to his son's team mates and coaches.

Just another old Topper who was part of a team and FB program that beat DB 3 out the four years he was in HS.

No i am not who you think i am. I came at you because you came at Sharpe when he was not playing good or so you thought he wasn't. I am a TOPPER. I played at Science Hill 92-94. I played for coach Sharpe and i like his son.

The biggest problem I've had with greg sharp is that he gets to transfer his kid every year without precussions, is it because he was a coach? I don't know and I know it wasn't fair to any of the kids and that most didn't believe that he was there for them. Anything I said about greg sharp had to do with my personal dealings with him and/or my personal knowledge of the situation. He may have been a good coach to you but he's only been an overbearing selfish parent who is shopping his kid around and for what? I could have been putting up film on youtube to be suporting why I didn't think the team's chances of winning should be put on his arm when there were more capable athletes on the team other than the qb position. There wasn't a better stable of backs in the area period.