Polk and Notre Dame

fallguy

The Polk/Central game last friday night was one of the greatest high school football games ever played in this area, but I have to agree with you about how players reacted after the game. I hope Central beats Howard and advances until a possible rematch with Polk, farther if Polk fails to advance. Back to the game, you can say the late (mis-hit)kickoff lost it, but it didn't. This was a great game played between young men who played the game the way it should be played, with heart. Although some would call what the Central players done after the game classless, these players will learn how to treat success the same way they learned to win. About 7 years ago a group of young men brought the pride back to Polk football and it has been passed on to others since. It seems to me that this group of young men from Central have began to the same thing to their program. I am a Polk fan and always will be, win or lose. If any players from either team read these posts (you shouldn't) remember this, everyone laid everything out on the line that night, and both teams brought this rivalry back to the top where it should be, keep it there. Good luck to both teams, if you bring it like last friday, luck will not be needed.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Polk/Central game last friday night was one of the greatest high school football games ever played in this area, but I have to agree with you about how players reacted after the game. I hope Central beats Howard and advances until a possible rematch with Polk, farther if Polk fails to advance. Back to the game, you can say the late (mis-hit)kickoff lost it, but it didn't. This was a great game played between young men who played the game the way it should be played, with heart. Although some would call what the Central players done after the game classless, these players will learn how to treat success the same way they learned to win. About 7 years ago a group of young men brought the pride back to Polk football and it has been passed on to others since. It seems to me that this group of young men from Central have began to the same thing to their program. I am a Polk fan and always will be, win or lose. If any players from either team read these posts (you shouldn't) remember this, everyone laid everything out on the line that night, and both teams brought this rivalry back to the top where it should be, keep it there. Good luck to both teams, if you bring it like last friday, luck will not be needed.

great post. i don't think the celebration was inappropriate. i know i would have went crazy after a hard fought victory like that!!! i agree with everything that was said here. that was four quarters of great football on both sides. really hope we can meet in the playoffs...

There was nothing innapropriate about the Central kids celebration, atleast from what I saw.

Lets hope Polk can come out fired up against Notre Dame, sometimes a loss like the Central game can really deflate a team.

I disagree that nothing was inappropriate about the celebration after the MC - Polk game. I don' think it's ever appropriate for an opposing team (or even a few players) to stomp the other teams field logo, as did some of MC's fans that ran onto the field as well as some of their players. This kind of action ALWAYS comes back to you in the end!

I disagree that nothing was inappropriate about the celebration after the MC - Polk game. I don' think it's ever appropriate for an opposing team (or even a few players) to stomp the other teams field logo, as did some of MC's fans that ran onto the field as well as some of their players. This kind of action ALWAYS comes back to you in the end!

You can say what ever you want to, but we had folks from Central watching for that, plus, there is a video of the after game celebration. Yeah, I just checked, and I saw no one stomping on the logo. Go tell your stories somewhere else. We got the video. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for the celebration for the classy Polk fans. The fact that Central celebrated is a show of how much emotional investment and pride they took in beating a good team. Central didn't dance at Tellico or against East Ridge. They didn't dance against Sequoyah. These teams are having problems this year and Central didn't do anything out standing in winning those games. But to beat Polk Co at Polk Co. That was something that any team in Tennessee would be proud to accomplish. And add to that the way that the game unfolded, who can blame these young men for being excited. This was going to be a huge win for which ever team pulled it off and we were tickled pink to beat a team as good as Polk. That was what the celebration about, not disrespect.

You can say what ever you want to, but we had folks from Central watching for that, plus, there is a video of the after game celebration. Yeah, I just checked, and I saw no one stomping on the logo. Go tell your stories somewhere else. We got the video. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There wasn't any problem with the celebration except for the 3 team members stomping the field logo and if you didnt see you just weren't looking. The stomping IS disrespectful!

Are you crying? Theres no CRYING in football. THERES NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Polk will be fired up with a playoff birth on the line. They will also, hopefully will remember the game last year where we lead the entire game until the final horn much, as last weeks game played out.

Polk 27

Notre Dame 14

If Polk Co. comes out with the same intesity and want as they did against MC, they will beat Notre Dame by a huge margin. I will say this about Polk, if MC wants their program to get to the next level, play as hard and as much pride as this group of kids play. FROM START TO FINISH! Good Luck Polk Co.

I was watching and there was no stomping on the logo, unless you consider running across it to get to the celebration disrespectful. It didn't happen! There was a Central coach standing on the logo making sure that the players kept the celebration at the 40.

This thread is about Polk versus Notre Dame!

Sorry Charlie! it did happen, I know all three kids that did it. Regardless if it is just a jovial celebration then I guess that none of the teams should mind if their logo is stomped on. Its not the end of the world, but lets not make excuses and pretend that it didnt happen. I want both of these teams to do well, but I want them to do well with pride and respect for their apponents.