Class 2A playoff standings thru Week 9

riverrat

Well here it is again. Five schools tied record wise for the last two spots. Three had one victory over a team with a .500 record or better. The two whose schedules had the most victories to this point is Sweetwater and Marion Co.

I hope this helps.

Team Seed Region W L Tiebreakers

Gatlinburg-Pittman 1 1 9 1

Cumberland Gap 2 1 8 1

Happy Valley 3 1 3 6

Alcoa 1 2 8 1

Loudon 2 2 8 1

CAK 3 2 7 2

Tyner 1 3 5 4

Boyd Buchanan 2 3 4 5

Bledsoe County 3 3 4 6

York Institute 1 4 9 0

Smith County 2 4 8 1

Westmoreland 3 4 5 4

CPA 1 5 6 3

DCA 2 5 8 1

Goodpasture 3 5 8 1

Lewis County 1 6 9 0

Hickman County 2 6 8 1

Richland 3 6 6 3

Camden 1 7 6 3

Huntingdon 2 7 6 3

Stewart County 3 7 7 3

Westview 1 8 9 0

Milan 2 8 8 1

Peabody 3 8 6 3

Carver 1 9 3 6

Westwood 2 9 3 7

Booker T. Washington 3 9 3 7

Rockwood W 2 6 3

Jackson Christian W 8 6 3

Cannon County W 4 5 4

Adamsville W 7 5 4

Sweetwater W 2 4 5 beat one team with .500 or better win % & schedule has most wins

Marion County W 3 4 5 beat one team with .500 or better win % & schedule has most wins

Once again in Region 6, Fairview will be the number 3 seed, with Richland taking a wild card spot. Fairview has the head to head advantage over Richland. A Fairview win or Richland loss in week 10 will make guarantee this happening. So one of those wildcards have to drop.

You appear to be right. It looks to me like Fairview will be the #3 seed. I saw that too.

Marion County beat Taft, which is non-TSSAA...does that figure in?

I would think that would be the same as beating an out of state team. Yes...it would count as a win.

The odds on favorites for the 5 wildcards are JCS, Richland, Rockwood, Sweetwater, and Humboldt. Cannon County has to beat Smith County to get in. Also Upperman could get in if they beat York. All I know for sure is that there is a lot yet to be decided even after week 9. There are still a multitude of possibilities.

In that scenario, Region 5 would go both east and west. There would be 12 places with 1st through 3rd and two wildcards making a total of 14. To make up the 16, two more would come from Region 5, and the other would go west.

The odds on favorites for the 5 wildcards are JCS, Richland, Rockwood, Sweetwater, and Humboldt. Cannon County has to beat Smith County to get in. Also Upperman could get in if they beat York. All I know for sure is that there is a lot yet to be decided even after week 9. There are still a multitude of possibilities.

In that scenario, Region 5 would go both east and west. There would be 12 places with 1st through 3rd and two wildcards making a total of 14. To make up the 16, two more would come from Region 5, and the other would go west.

I agree. You would think the one to go west would be your team. They are the westernmost team of the three.

Here is the way I understand things.

The following teams have secured wildcard spots.

Jackson Christian School 6-3. Projected 7-3. Play Dresden on Friday.

Rockwood 6-3. Projected 6-4. Play CAK on Friday.

Richland 6-3. Projected 6-4. Play Hickman Co. on Friday.

Richland will be a wildcard IF Fairview beats Loretto on Friday. This is likely to be what I project happens. Otherwise, Richland is a 3 seed in its region and Fairview will not qualify for a wildcard spot.

Cannon Co. and Adamsville are both 5-4 and both would absolutely secure wildcard spots with wins over Smith Co. and Huntingdon respectively. However, I project both to lose on Friday and be forced into a tie breaker situation with the following teams.

Humboldt is 4-5. I project them at 5-5 with win vs. Gibson Co. on Friday. They will be in a tie breaker.

Sweetwater is 4-5. I project them at 5-5 with a win vs. Oliver Springs on Friday. They will be in the tie breaker.

Upperman is also 4-5. They could get into a tie breaker possibility IF they beat York Institute on Firday.

Six wins will bet you into the dance this season. However, I project that 4 teams will end up with 5-5 records and they will contend for the final two playoff spots.