Farragut vs Oak Ridge

hunter

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win this game we're region champs, lose this game and we pack our bags for Kingsport. Finishing third will also put us on the same side of the bracket as WB. I hope winning the region means something to the team, and they wont be satisfied just to be in the playoffs. After watching us play last Friday against a weak SD team, I am really concerned about the teams mindset. That was a great opportunity for our offense to put up huge numbers, and our OL couldn't get them blocked. When SD wasn't hitting Sterling in the backfield, they wre chasing Martland all over the field.

If you look at the history of Farragut and Oak Ridge it's not a pretty picture for the Admirals. Two wins (1993 and 2006) in the last 25 years. hardly a rivalry from OR's perspective. I don't think this Oak Ridge team is even close to some of the teams OR has fielded in the past, but Farragut has also lost to some OR teams they were arguably better than. I think Farragut's freahman have beaten OR 3 out of the last 4 so hopefully they don't feel the stygma that their brother alumni have. The key will be stopping Stephens. The OR QB situation has been erratic this year, and we need to capitolize on that. If we can't stop Stephens, then we will never find out. I hope we see Irby, I'd much rather have a stationary target for our DL. I am concered about the OR WR's, we haven't done a good job in coverage all year. If we give their QB time he will have a career night because we cannot cover their WR's. I reaaly think this will be a great game to watch. We haven't really got homered by the refs at Blankenship in a few years, so I hope that wont be a factor. I am looking forward to the posts from the OR faithful this week, I think their perspective on their team will be surprizingly similar to ours. That our team is 8-1, but have yet to put together a complete, solid 4 quarters of football, and hopefully our best performances are still ahead of us.

Good post, StarPower. Thanks for the analysis; very detailed.

With no chance to win the region, will that have an impact on how the Wildcats play? After the big win on the road at Ooltewah, will the Wildcats be overconfident? After a lackluster performance against Soddy Daisy, will the Admirals crank back up? I really believe Farragut needs to start strong, maybe score first, to take some of OR's emotion out of it. I'm not sure how well Farragut will play from behind. Farragut has played their best against the better teams, no chance this week for them to play down to the competiton, as both teams appear to be well matched. I am concerned about Farragut's defense being able to hold a lead late in the game, as that has been a problem all year.

Farragut 28 - Oak Ridge 24 (with my fingers crossed)

I really hate CSS games. It draws the game out all night, and controls momentum. Nothing like getting fired up after a turnover, or big play, and have to stand around for 10 minutes and let the fire cool off.

CSS is suppose to broadcast this game. The weather is suppose to be picture perfect for the game. Given the fact the outcome of this game has numerous playoff implications I expect the turn out for this game to be huge. Arrive early.

Just wondering, but how do we (Oak Ridge) and Farragut look as far as injuries and everyone being healthy? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

The visitor side has plenty of seats, but the last few games OR and Farragut have matched up at 'the Ship the stands have filled to capacity. Gates will open at 6:00pm and I would say to get the best seat you should be there no later than 6:45pm. If you want to arrive sooner the Boosters have a cook out at the top of the hill selling hamburgers and hotdogs, come early and enjoy the ambience of a Friday Night Football game.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Should be a good one.

Farragut win:

1) Farragut

2) WB

3) Oak Ridge

4) Ooltewah

Oak Ridge win:

1) WB

2) Oak Ridge

3) Farragut

4) Ooltewah

Other Region looks pretty set in my opinion.

If CC beats Karns:

1) Bearden

2) DB

3) CC

4) Jeff Co

Iff CC loses to Karns:

1) Bearden

2) DB

3) Jeff Co

4) CC

After watching both teams, I would say that Farragut's O is a little better and Oak Ridge's D is a little better. Not much in either case. If you both play to your strengths it should be a great game. I give a 3 point or less nod to OR due to home field. Blankenship is a great place to watch a game except the fence is to close to the field. Bring your ear plugs for the train whistle.

Farragut looks healthy across the board except the 66 kid. Its such a shame such a great athelete has to miss his senior season, but look forward to see what he can do at Florida. I plan on being at the game, how early should I plan to get there to get a good seat.

yes it hurts my heart to watch that kid dress out every week and he just cant go in but he will do great down there at florida