Farragut vs Oak Ridge

hunter

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut has had a few problems in their secondary play this year. Their saving grace has been their DL, which has been able to put significant pressure on QB's so far this year. Their 3 man front is 6 deep in quality and can flat get after it. That's why I would rather see Irby than Clark. If I remember correctly Irby is the one that looks like an O-Lineman, right? If we can't generate pressure, and OR keeps the ball to the sidelines, away from Allen, we will probably have problems. We have a tendency to bail out in coverage, and give up a lot of short passes. Our flat players don't always make it out into the flats when we're in zone coverage.

One thing I don't understand is why the Ooltewah folks are behind OR? Isn't it irrelavent to them who wins? Aren't they 4th regadless, or an I mistaken?

Farragut has had a few problems in their secondary play this year. Their saving grace has been their DL, which has been able to put significant pressure on QB's so far this year. Their 3 man front is 6 deep in quality and can flat get after it. That's why I would rather see Irby than Clark. If I remember correctly Irby is the one that looks like an O-Lineman, right? If we can't generate pressure, and OR keeps the ball to the sidelines, away from Allen, we will probably have problems. We have a tendency to bail out in coverage, and give up a lot of short passes. Our flat players don't always make it out into the flats when we're in zone coverage.

One thing I don't understand is why the Ooltewah folks are behind OR? Isn't it irrelavent to them who wins? Aren't they 4th regadless, or an I mistaken?

I am not for either team, in fact I wish that both Farragut and OR as well as WB would have to forfiet all their games because they beat the Owls and I am a poor loser /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I do think that OR's defense is better than Farragut's by a greater margin than Farragut's offense being better than OR's. The margin is slim and I do believe that home field advantage will tip the scales.

Go Owls

hahah I agree with hornedowl, we're all poor losers and want you guys to forfeit /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Truthfully, I have always liked Oak Ridge and Willaim Blount better than Farragut. I thought the band members were extremely rude to our fans, cheeleaders and dance team....but that's another story and I am not causing waves(we've had enough of those already) Either way, all three teams WB, OR, and Farragut are all good teams that I truly think we could have beaten had things been different. Oh well. no use crying over spilled milk. we just have to go take care of business at Soddy, so we can go to the playoffs too!

Good Luck Oak Ridge

A technical note, StarPower .... Ooltewah has to win to be 4th. If they win, then yes, 4th is the best they can do. However, as your Farragut boys almost found out, it is possible that Soddy pulls an upset and puts McMinn in 4th. (Unless of course they lose, and it is immaterial).

I think the Soddy vs. Ooltewah game may be closer than some think. I've posted a whole bunch of reasons over in the Ooltewah vs. Soddy thread, if you are interested.

What is #66's optimum playing weight? He looks as though he's put on some lbs. Was watching him in practice the other day and it looked like he wasn't moving very well. That extra weight has to be hard on his knee.

One reason he's not able to move well is because he completly blew out his knee. I don't believe I remeber seeing you at practice. Where do you usually stand. I have talked to the parents that stand on the hill and I don't recall seeing you. What is your name. I also heard the extra weight is in regards of a request of Coach Meyer. Most of the weight looks to be muscle though.

spartanman8, I have been at most all practices. I'm sure you did see me, just didn't know it was me. I do have some limited insider info from players and coaches, but I wouldn't have that info if they knew who I was on CoachT. I try to give Joe Q. Public a little bit of that info on here. I don't give any info that is not obvious to any opposing coach watching film, so I'm not spilling any secret info. I may have been a little callous in calling out a player or two, but I have to call a spade a spade. If because of my posts they stepped their game up that's great. If they went into a shell because of some nobody's posts, then they may not have the character a starter should have. I try not to get caught up in the trash talking on here, but I have had a laugh or two about the whole #66 thing.

I applaud the Ooltewah posters admitting they are sore losers. Anyone that feels it in the heart about their program is a sore loser, but it takes courage to admit it, I'm a sore loser as well. When Farragut loses I look to our team first rather than lash out at officials, or opposing teams.

I always wondered how that was spelled.......................... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Good Luck Cat's

GO GOVS

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are. And to make the GOVMAN happy you put a flower on the post. I know you are lurking "G". /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />