Greenback @ Oneida

scalper

Greenback give Midway all they wanted for 2 quarters.Greenback leads region 2 in passing yards.Oneida has one of the best defence in single A ball.What kind of predictions are out there for this friday night.

Round One

Hampton (host) Coalfield

Cloudland (host) Harriman

Midway (host) Jellico

Oneida (host) Grace Christian

Am I Right ? Please correct me if Im not.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenback give Midway all they wanted for 2 quarters.Greenback leads region 2 in passing yards.Oneida has one of the best defence in single A ball.What kind of predictions are out there for this friday night.

Round One

Hampton (host) Coalfield

Cloudland (host) Harriman

Midway (host) Jellico

Oneida (host) Grace Christian

Am I Right ? Please correct me if Im not.

Greenback takes this one to finish the season at 5 and 5. Rebuilding is ongoing with a few more holes to fill but this group is much better than the previous 3 years.

Yes Greenback's offense is good, but their defense is very bad. Midway scored on every offensive possession last night. I think Greenback could win if Oneida rested some guys, but they're coming off a bye week and a solid passing attack like Greenback's could help them if they have to prepare for Grace. I'd say Oneida ill be focused and win by 14 or more.

Great game for Oneida. First, don't have to travel. Second, get to see a stout passing game that will show up next week as well in the play-offs. How many times do schedules line up like that!

You only get about 40-45 games to play as a high schooler. Half of those are probably JV. Not a lot of realtime game experience against quality opponents for any kid, anywhere.

The Indians defense is tougher that woodpecker lips! Still, this Friday will be a good test against a good passing team. Lots of valuable, hard to come by, experience.

Woodpecker's Lips?!?! I like that. Greenback hasn't topped anyone that was at least their equal. (no upsets) If Oneida folds the tents early for the play-offs, then this game could take a while to decide. (Lambo don't play that way) Midway has the most versatile offense in the district, but Oneida has the best defense. With Hood back in the line-up it will get a little bit tougher for Greenback because Hood is big, fast, and athletic. You all just keep him off the 4-wheelers for a little bit. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> We will be excited to host the Cherokee Nation up here Friday Night, it will definitely be an "Wampum"! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Lambert's crew rolls 24 - 3.

Greenback takes this one to finish the season at 5 and 5. Rebuilding is ongoing with a few more holes to fill but this group is much better than the previous 3 years.

Speaking of rebuilding. Does anyone from Greenback remember Coach Smelcer? My kid played the team that he is an assistant for, and I justwanted to know some of your thoughts on him. I know he has been gone from there for a couple years. Why did he leave, and what was he like when he was there?

Woodpecker's Lips?!?! I like that. Greenback hasn't topped anyone that was at least their equal. (no upsets) If Oneida folds the tents early for the play-offs, then this game could take a while to decide. (Lambo don't play that way) Midway has the most versatile offense in the district, but Oneida has the best defense. With Hood back in the line-up it will get a little bit tougher for Greenback because Hood is big, fast, and athletic. You all just keep him off the 4-wheelers for a little bit. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> We will be excited to host the Cherokee Nation up here Friday Night, it will definitely be an "Wampum"! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Lambert's crew rolls 24 - 3.

Can't take credit for that one. I stole that colorful description from an Army Ranger. RLTW! Hopefully Hood won't take up knife juggling or join the bomb squad! Be glad to see the boys back in action on Friday!

Speaking of rebuilding. Does anyone from Greenback remember Coach Smelcer? My kid played the team that he is an assistant for, and I justwanted to know some of your thoughts on him. I know he has been gone from there for a couple years. Why did he leave, and what was he like when he was there?

Smelcier was a great guy to be around and a very athletic individual.As far as I know he took a job with one of the sevier county high schools (seems like it was pigeon forge) due to better pay. He was Greenbacks head baseball coach for a few years and all the guys who played for him loved him. Im not sure what else he coached for at Greenback.