Father Ryan VS Brentwood Academy

fiftyfifty

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT JOB OF GIVING UP ONLY 70 POINTS IN 8 GAMES TO GIVING UP 68 IN ONLY 2GAMES NOT GOOD FOR TEAM THAT HAS A HEAD COACH THAT IS A DEFENSIVE MASTER?

HEY MAN MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS BROKEN TOO, DO YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? MAYBE WE SHOULD BOTH BUY A NEW KEYBOARD CAUSE OUR CAPS LOCKS BUTTON ARE BROKEN.

He looked like a "superback" when he was out there....some of the best series I have seen him have since he came to BA. Got to hope his ankle stays healthy. This team needs senior leadership. BA is extremely young.....mainly underclassmen with lots of emphasis on freshmen and sophmores.

oh yeah......by the way.....did you see BA's #15 Jeremy Martin's hit on the FR player on a kickoff in the first half???? That was one of the best hits I have seen in a long time on Flatt Field! Knocked the FR player 5-7 feet on his back. BRUTAL hit. That guy's an animal! Just a junior free safety, but he should have colleges lining up next year. All State as a sophmore.

As far as passing......didn't even look like the same team from weeks gone by. I agree.....it would be great to see this intensity in the passing game in the playoffs. I like BA's chances at the gold ball. The intensity the first half was the best, in my opinion that they have displayed all year.

I saw that. Jeremy seemed to be totally focused on destroying that blocker and nothing else. To the Ryan player's credit (I think #34) he jumped up and jogged to the sideline like nothing happened. He is a tough kid, because that was a brutal shot.

With due respect, my suspicion is that Ryan is pretty much the same team they have been before the last two weeks, but the bar has been raised significantly. MBA and BA are not exactly Hillwood and Overton.

I commend Coach Lussier for restoring a level of respectability to Ryan football, but it ain't E. TN 5A football anymore.

Ok. So when Tennessee loses to Florida, Georgia, Vandy, Alabama, etc., do they just accept it and say "Oh, they were the better team." NO. It is a rivalry. You cannot go 1-2 against your rivals year in and year out(beat JP2-not even a rivlary, lost to MBA, BA). Ask Phillip Fulmer how that is working out for him...

Where's Big John when you need him? I think he's under a gag order.

Ole Dad

Probably, although in fairness it's not just him, and it's not just Ryan. Some of the posts this year, especially among the independent schools, have simply been classless. I suspect it's a generational issue, and I know it's the way of the older ones to bemoan the mores of the younger generation. Still, the posts, and some of the on the field acts, betray a lack of respect that to me is unforgivable. In my day at MBA we hated Father Ryan with a passion (and the feeling seemed mutual), but we also saw them as an opponent worthy of our respect, both in word and deed. When you played Ryan, you were playing another school with a successful and storied past, and both the opponent and the history between the two schools meritied a high level of respect. I don't seem to see so much of that today, and the loss is regrettable.

He looked like a "superback" when he was out there....some of the best series I have seen him have since he came to BA. Got to hope his ankle stays healthy. This team needs senior leadership. BA is extremely young.....mainly underclassmen with lots of emphasis on freshmen and sophmores.

oh yeah......by the way.....did you see BA's #15 Jeremy Martin's hit on the FR player on a kickoff in the first half???? That was one of the best hits I have seen in a long time on Flatt Field! Knocked the FR player 5-7 feet on his back. BRUTAL hit. That guy's an animal! Just a junior free safety, but he should have colleges lining up next year. All State as a sophmore.

As far as passing......didn't even look like the same team from weeks gone by. I agree.....it would be great to see this intensity in the passing game in the playoffs. I like BA's chances at the gold ball. The intensity the first half was the best, in my opinion that they have displayed all year.

I have seen BA play McCallie, Smyrna, MBA and Ryan. This is by far the best game they played all season. If you want to see how to slow down Jordan I would suggest watching the Smyrna tape. Someone every play was at his knees or ankles, and that was before his injury. Your wasting your time trying to tackle him up high, to strong and has good stiff arm. Early in the game FR's Berry was caught from behind after gaining about 25-30 yards, by one of the defensive lineman. Those fellas can flat out run.