REGION ONE

Cowboy Curtis

Thanks sportsfan93 and TD, I will be in Clarksville in 2 weeks cheering on the G-Devils. Looks like D-B was a tougher match than what I had hoped it would be. Somebody hook me up with individual results Wed. morning.

Good job Coach Brimer, TD and the other assistant coaches. You guys have the team in good shape.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to G-Devils on the Region 1 championship good job and good luck in C-ville.

I may be coming down to watch. G-Devils 39-36 over D.B 119 was the match that put

it away for the Devils. 112 was a really good match Adam Mann stepped up and wrestled

Mr King a really tough match. Both of the Mann men have a big gas tank. Devils have

several kids that can score some points in mid-Feb. Locklear took it to Usary for 5:00

tonite then ran out of gas. King Locklear Myers Joel and Charlie are ready. Work on

conditioning and bring back some hardware.

Gilliam from D.B. upset Akien tonite good match. To bad Devils can't wrestle in small

school where they belong. They will compete in large but would have a real shot to

win the small division. Who does S.H. wrestle from reg. 2 and where.

Congrats to G-Devils on the Region 1 championship good job and good luck in C-ville.

I may be coming down to watch. G-Devils 39-36 over D.B 119 was the match that put

it away for the Devils. 112 was a really good match Adam Mann stepped up and wrestled

Mr King a really tough match. Both of the Mann men have a big gas tank. Devils have

several kids that can score some points in mid-Feb. Locklear took it to Usary for 5:00

tonite then ran out of gas. King Locklear Myers Joel and Charlie are ready. Work on

conditioning and bring back some hardware.

Gilliam from D.B. upset Akien tonite good match. To bad Devils can't wrestle in small

school where they belong. They will compete in large but would have a real shot to

win the small division. Who does S.H. wrestle from reg. 2 and where.

Locklear did wrestle a good match against Usary but to say he "took it to Usary for 5:00" just isn't true. After the first three min. of the match Locklear had about a 7-8 point lead and had a chance for a pin in the first period. After that he was outscored by 9-10 points before getting pinned midway thru the third period. (It reminded me of an old Jason Ricker/Bo Usary match) I can't even see how you could say he ran out of gas when he didn't wrestle in the first match against DB. (Usary wrestled the 140 match against MW) I hope they don't take this the wrong way because I have nothing but respect for the Greeneville coaches and wrestlers and I wish them all the best of luck. I just don't think conditioning had anything to do with the outcome of that match.

Locklear did wrestle a good match against Usary but to say he "took it to Usary for 5:00" just isn't true. After the first three min. of the match Locklear had about a 7-8 point lead and had a chance for a pin in the first period. After that he was outscored by 9-10 points before getting pinned midway thru the third period. (It reminded me of an old Jason Ricker/Bo Usary match) I can't even see how you could say he ran out of gas when he didn't wrestle in the first match against DB. (Usary wrestled the 140 match against MW) I hope they don't take this the wrong way because I have nothing but respect for the Greeneville coaches and wrestlers and I wish them all the best of luck. I just don't think conditioning had anything to do with the outcome of that match.

agree conditioning had nothing to do with it Locklear just got out wrestled. Locklear is one of those that just keeps going an going, He is going to be tough next year. Last i heard about Ricker is he is living up in JC an going to ETSU. To bad DB cant go to clarksville I think they could turn some heads. DB is way under rated if you ask me.

What are Usary and Ricker doin now btw? and does anyone have some info on how kole bishop from sully east is doing?

Usary was wrestling at King but is now just working on bringing his grades up to par. Kole is ranked #3 @145 in Coach Bray's rankings and has been as high as #3 in Matman's rankings. Rankings are @ tennwrestling.com and tennesseewrestling.com. I do know he won the North Knight Inv. and was 2nd at the Fandetti. I think he's been in the finals of every individual tournament SE has wrestled in this year. By the way, it's nice to see you back on CoachT Zeke.

I may be wrong, but he had his hands on his knees about every time there was a break in action.he did control the match for about 2 whole periods. Based on what I saw last year from Locklear I new he was solid, but I did not think he would be on Usarys level. And he was

on the evening of 1-22 and Usary was not wrestling bad. Robert was controling. Usary did show what he was made of by fighting back and taking control himself on the way to a pin. Region 1 should have two strong entrants at 135 in Chatt. Science Hill kids are wrestling very physical this season. They look good to be so young.

West Greene beat Elizabethton tonite for the small school region championship. They wrestled at Union County. Elizabethton beat CAk. West Greene first beat Union County then Beat Elizabethton who had beaten them last week at Chucky Doak. Congrats to West Greene kids and coaches good job. Now W.G. and Eliz travel to Seymour to take

on Seymour no.1 and Greenback which was Second in that region.

That match is friday. I think W,G, should host this since it was at

Seymour last year. Eliz. was supposed to host but I now that will

not happen.

(It reminded me of an old Jason Ricker/Bo Usary match)

Love that addition! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Very well put in too!

"I may be wrong, but he had his hands on his knees about every time there was a break in action"

As for that... thats just how Robert is. He comes up like that no matter how tired he is. (kind of reminds me of a sophmore Bo Usary and how he sat down on the mat before the match and during every break... no matter how the match was going)... to add another bo memory.

After witnessing the practices that Shelton puts those guys through, I don't see any reason for the Greeneville guys not being in great shape (unless you're Thomas Willett... for some reason he'll never be in shape?) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Usary was wrestling at King but is now just working on bringing his grades up to par. Kole is ranked #3 @145 in Coach Bray's rankings and has been as high as #3 in Matman's rankings. Rankings are @ tennwrestling.com and tennesseewrestling.com. I do know he won the North Knight Inv. and was 2nd at the Fandetti. I think he's been in the finals of every individual tournament SE has wrestled in this year. By the way, it's nice to see you back on CoachT Zeke.

Well, its good to see that a kid i used to run clinics on in practice is doing so well. lol Yea, its been awhile since i been on, lots of stuff going on. Might be trying out for the air force team next year, if i can get my weight down and get back in shape. And congrats to g'ville, sounds like you guys should have a really good showing at c-ville.