Dyersburg vs Covington

trojansfan_04

Im with you on this one. Covington beat yall before CC got their wheels under them, so you "must" win against DC to make sure you do make the playoffs. its too bad yall had so many difficulties to overcome early in the season. you are very much in tune now with all your players playing with the Heart of "Lions". CC would be a much better team to represent our region in the playoffs. My best to the Cavs>> you can do it!

Thanks man respectful post...much appreciated.....gooo dburg...... lets get that spot crockett!!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of I ain't goin anywhere. My lil bro played for D'burg, I graduated from there and have been watching football at DHS since I was in 4th grade. Reguardless of what we do I will be in the stands giving it all I got. I was as loud for the Frayser game as I was for the DC game so don't think I am goin anywhere. I'm a diehard fan. I may not have 30 years of expierence but I do know this game. A lot better then most. Secondly I never flat out dogged Coach Bowling, I think he has a genius offensive mind, but it take more then a great football mind to be a good High School football coach. I love the idea of the new offense becuz thats all it is now. And thats the problem. You said that they will continue to work on it and maybe add somethings here and there. ITS WEEK 10. They should be hitting on all cylinders by now, and their not. This offense is nowhere near what we expect to see and sadly enough it probably won't get there. Everytime they find some sort of rythme that QB that you like so much has a fumble or a bad handoff. ...Mistakes and bad reads are costing us majorly. Defense are starting to figure us out and that offense that has score 40 plus on everybody has been slowed down the psat three weeks. Other then on amazing quarter against Bolivar. I am with on the offense, I think it could fly, but in two weeks we will be looking at either Sheffield or Mitchell. We might be 4 points away from 9-0 but we are no where near good enough to beat Liscomb this year at the rate we are playing at. Thats a promise. I am a realist and I understand that the is good and then there is another level. Dyersburg hasn't and I am skeptical they will reach that level...........A loss may have been the greatest thing for us though and we will see Friday night. If we fix the mistakes and play a little better I will be with you cheering them on in Murphesboro

You said that they will continue to work on it and maybe add somethings here and there." ITS WEEK 10" . They should be hitting on all cylinders by now, and their not. This offense is nowhere near what we expected to see and sadly enough it probably won't get there. Everytime they find some sort of rythme that QB that you like so much "has a fumble or a bad handoff" . ...Mistakes and bad reads are costing us majorly. Defense are starting to figure us out and that offense that has score 40 plus on everybody has been slowed down the psat three weeks. Other then on amazing quarter against Bolivar. I am with on the offense, I think it could fly, but in two weeks we will be looking at either Sheffield or Mitchell. We might be 4 points away from 9-0 but we are No Where good enough to beat Lipscomb this year at the rate we are playing at. Thats a promise. I am a realist and I understand that they are good and they are at another level. Dyersburg hasn't and I am skeptical they will reach that level...........A loss may have been the greatest thing for us though and we will see Friday night. If we fix the mistakes and play a little better I will be with you cheering them on in the "BORO" !! GO TROJANS!!!!!!

Congratulations Trojans ! I stayed on the phone with a friend & a Trojan SUPPORTER most all night ! I knew you'd come through ! Winners ALWAYS FIND A WAY !

Covington must be given well deserved praise for battling the Trojans till the very end. DHS had their hands full all night winning in the last 2 minutes of play. TROJANS used various "O" combinations that all worked against the hard-nosed play from the Chargers ! The "D" was Solid Once Again!! Trojans a "SHOUT OUT" for your Never Say Die/ Quit ATTITUDE ! The NEW Season Begins Next Friday at Our House!!! Starting Monday its FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, EXECUTE EXECUTE EXECUTE! BEAT THE VIKINGS !! GO TROJANS!!

First of I ain't goin anywhere. My lil bro played for D'burg, I graduated from there and have been watching football at DHS since I was in 4th grade. Reguardless of what we do I will be in the stands giving it all I got. I was as loud for the Frayser game as I was for the DC game so don't think I am goin anywhere. I'm a diehard fan. I may not have 30 years of expierence but I do know this game. A lot better then most. Secondly I never flat out dogged Coach Bowling, I think he has a genius offensive mind, but it take more then a great football mind to be a good High School football coach. I love the idea of the new offense becuz thats all it is now. And thats the problem. You said that they will continue to work on it and maybe add somethings here and there. ITS WEEK 10. They should be hitting on all cylinders by now, and their not. This offense is nowhere near what we expect to see and sadly enough it probably won't get there. Everytime they find some sort of rythme that QB that you like so much has a fumble or a bad handoff. ...Mistakes and bad reads are costing us majorly. Defense are starting to figure us out and that offense that has score 40 plus on everybody has been slowed down the psat three weeks. Other then on amazing quarter against Bolivar. I am with on the offense, I think it could fly, but in two weeks we will be looking at either Sheffield or Mitchell. We might be 4 points away from 9-0 but we are no where near good enough to beat Liscomb this year at the rate we are playing at. Thats a promise. I am a realist and I understand that the is good and then there is another level. Dyersburg hasn't and I am skeptical they will reach that level...........A loss may have been the greatest thing for us though and we will see Friday night. If we fix the mistakes and play a little better I will be with you cheering them on in Murphesboro

I like EVERYBODY who's out there wearing black and gold....they're representing our school and community...they've worked their rear ends off all last winter in the weight room, and fought intense heat in the spring, summer and fall to do everything in their power to prepare themselves to win every single game for their school, their teammates, their community and fans..... it doesn't matter what you and I think or suggest, our coaching staff are the people breaking down film, making adjustments, calling plays and deciding who to play at what position...I happen to have played the game, as did my siblings who had college careers, but that doesn't make me a coach...it's just not a time in the season to start second guessing everything....I'm certain that some of the players read this thread, or at least hear about the public's opinion and what's being said....they don't need to read critical comments about their coaches and teammates....it's like poison that can eat up and destroy the togetherness and trust of each other and the team as a whole....we should all be pulling together instead of drifting apart.....We've finished the regular season 9-1.....a great season by most people's standards! Next week in week 11 we'll be playing an atheletic, dangerous team, whichever team ends up #3 in Region 8.....I'm outta here for a while, as I'm tired of trying to reason with a few folks who are doing their absolute best to sabatoge their very own team ..... but rest assured I'll still be behind the Trojans all the way! I'll be there Friday night standing up and yelling, and encouraging everybody else to do the same! Go Trojans!

I like EVERYBODY who's out there wearing black and gold....they're representing our school and community...they've worked their rear ends off all last winter in the weight room, and fought intense heat in the spring, summer and fall to do everything in their power to prepare themselves to win every single game for their school, their teammates, their community and fans..... it doesn't matter what you and I think or suggest, our coaching staff are the people breaking down film, making adjustments, calling plays and deciding who to play at what position...I happen to have played the game, as did my siblings who had college careers, but that doesn't make me a coach...it's just not a time in the season to start second guessing everything....I'm certain that some of the players read this thread, or at least hear about the public's opinion and what's being said....they don't need to read critical comments about their coaches and teammates....it's like poison that can eat up and destroy the togetherness and trust of each other and the team as a whole....we should all be pulling together instead of drifting apart.....We've finished the regular season 9-1.....a great season by most people's standards! Next week in week 11 we'll be playing an atheletic, dangerous team, whichever team ends up #3 in Region 8.....I'm outta here for a while, as I'm tired of trying to reason with a few folks who are doing their absolute best to sabatoge their very own team ..... but rest assured I'll still be behind the Trojans all the way! I'll be there Friday night standing up and yelling, and encouraging everybody else to do the same! Go Trojans!

What about the performance of Beau the Bull last night? He played every down on both sides of the ball and carried the ball every play on the next to last offensive series and all but one play on the game winning series as well as the 2 pt. conversion. He gave it every ounce of energy in his body and should be congratulated on his effort and performance. The Covington D was keying on the other backs so we kept going to the well.

Lots of mistakes by the Trojans but they hung in there and came out with another win. It wasn't real pretty but its a win.

Does anyone know if Caldwell will have to sit out next week?

This offense is nothing like it will be next season or the next......This offense takes at least a year and a half to "get"....I saw the game with Crockett County on T.V and could very well tell D-Burg's players were not running the offense nearly as smoothly as Obion Central did last year....Believe it or not,the 6-4 OC Rebels were on the plus side of every offensive statistical category when the season ended last year....They ran this offense 10x better than D-Burg is running it this year....Some at D-Burg,and really they have a right to wonder about Logan at QB....But Logan knows this offense and to be honest I doubt Taylor could have run it in less than three months of learning it...I always thought Garrett Grady at OC ran it better than Logan did anyway....I know it's got to be frustrating to have a system in place and a QB in place that has done nothing but win then get a new coach that comes in and changes everything...Bowling did that at Obion Central also..When he came to Troy,OC had a QB named Wes Moore who had thrown for over 3,000 yards before and been named a Mr.Football finalist...The Rebels chunked the ball around the yard about 95% of the time..Well,he brought his veer to town and OC was all of a sudden a running team...People didn't like it and told him about it....OC did go to the playoffs that first season and did actually win their first playoff game....When Bowling left after 4 seasons he was the toast of the town...It's not the coaches fault the players are not running this offense to perfection right now and really it's not all the players fault....Like I said,it takes at least a year and a half to be able to run it right..It's an offense where you have to have perfect timing and you have to be able to read the defense perfectly....Had Obion Central had D-Burg's athletes last season they might have gone to Murfreesboro....When D-Burg does get it,they will be almost impossible to stop....It just may not fire on all cylinders this season....

Rather than trying to explain this for the umpteenth time let's just flash back to late November of 2006....Remember David Lipscomb???? The two Trojan players you mentioned are obviously outstanding young men and exceptional atheletes who have been an intregal part of the team's gaudy record the past 3 years, but do you recall how much success they had last year against Lipscomb? Our offense looked pretty strong before that night, but once Lipscomb concentrated on stacking their defense to slow down our playmakers, we couldn't consistently move the ball. The 7th Region coaches have put most of their emphasis on doing the same thing when they play Dyersburg. That's why you see the qb keeping the ball more or it being handed off to the fullbacks, while the wingbacks aren't getting as many touches. If the ball were handed to them or pitched to them with linebackers and db's poised right in front of them when there was nothing there, not only would we see a lot of disaster, it wouldn't be too healthy for our two speedsters, at 175 and 180 pounds. Look at the difference in Dyer County's team between this year and last.....Flowers was a 2,000 yard rusher last season, good enough to be playing major college football as a true freshman. What was that team's record??? Something like 3-7. This year they are spreading the wealth to a number of people and because defenses are struggling to figure out who'll have the ball from one play to the next, the Choctaws have turned it around and are having a great season..there's more to it than that, but that's certainly a large factor in the turnaround....Be patient...Coach Bowling has very high expectations for this year's team and a much higher football IQ than you or me or your buddies.....They're 8-1, and 4 points from being 9-0. Don't fold up your tent because they lost one game. Get on board and cheer your head off! You're going to see a lot more exciting football from the Trojans in the weeks to come. There may be times you see Caldwell or Taylor carrying the ball 15 or 20 times in a game, depending on the defense our opponent's playing, but our offense is designed to take advantage of the holes the opposition leaves open. I think you'll also see a more effective passing game in the next couple of weeks. If that were to progress and go along with our two fleet footed running backs, hard nosed fullbacks, and crafty and deceptively quick quarterback, you're going to see an offense very capable of going all the way to Murfreesboro...Stick with the team and the coaching staff...they came into the year with the goal to win a state championship....and that opportunity is still out there if the students and fans get on board instead of questioning the coaches. Believe me, they're not going to change to an I formation or the spread going into week 10. They'll be working on getting better and beter at what they run, and probably adding a few more wrinkles along the way! But one thing for sure is they need you and your buddies to get on board and support your team......Go Trojans!!!!!!

Not to contradict anything you wrote, but just to set a record straight: Lipscomb did not contain or shut down Caldwell last year. He had 16 carries for 129 yards and a TD.

I'm just going to say that if the Trojans play at the level they are playing at right now they probably won't make it though week 11. The mistakes are getting real old, these are things that should be happen. Bowling got comfortable with the FB and stuck with it. Bo was amazing at FB. I still think you could have ran Cunningham or Ellis as a great change of pace,, but liked how tough BO ran....Taylor was shut down. Looks like they were out to keep him and Caldweel contained. Caldwell can just flat out beat anybody, the kid is good. You can't stop him. Hope he isn't sitting out next week. We still are aking a lot of mistakes and if you take them out we win a little more impressively. I notice that we get something that works and we settle for it. If you give us the pitch we will take it. You give us the fullback we will take it for what it is worth, and if you let logan run he will......They just have got to fix the mistakes.....Good luck in the playoffs.