Lewis County playoffs

radio33

I can very much go along with the way you put this statement. The privates will always be a road block for MOST rual publics. The reason is simple and you and I have made that point together on a different thread. Now moving on......................... I believe with all my heart that in the last 15 years we have lost maybe 2 playoffs games that we should have (or could have) won. If talent level is the same then the ruals that you named all have a good chance of advancing. The fact is they will never be as long as some have the opportunity to pull from such a large area. It's amazing to look in the parking lot at some of these fb games and see the tags of "out of town cars". All are not visitors, there is a large % of them that are the family of players. Someone told me this some time ago and I made a point last year to look while at GP and found this to be true. Just compare the amount of DI players that come out of these places to the schools that you named. No one can convince me that it's all coaching that creates the Patrick Turner's of the football world. With that being said, someone asked the question "would you send your son to a well know Football private school if he was a talent for more exposure"? My answer is yes, if I lived in an urban area and I was sure that it would benifit him. Don't blame them for reloading with outside talent, they are just doing what they are allowed to do. Before it starts let me go ahead and say that this is not making excuses for not beating them, it's just the way I feel. The Z plan is a wait and see kind of thing and until it's put into place we won't know how it will affect everyone.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if I understand correctly? If we were able to pass for 1000 yards and run for 2000 yards, we would be better prepared to go deep into the playoffs. I am just trying to understand because I am getting older and am easily confused.

Let's say that we had a quarterback who threw about 10-12 times a game and maybe had a stud receiver who caught 25-30 passes during the year for 10 TD's... and then we had a good strong rushing attack that averaged 200-250 yards per game, then we might have a lot better chance of making it deep into the playoffs?

Compared to say a team that was run orriented, in which case we don't have that good a chance of going deep into the playoffs? Is this correct?

I think you have it! It's pretty simple really. Look at history versus the talent stacked ABCs, unless you have a balanced attack they can and will stuff the run leaving you with no offensive output. especially if you have to score quickly when behind. Oh NO!!! Here comes the Jet Sweep on 2nd down in 2-minute offense. and maybe we'll see the Sally on 3rd and perhaps a Waggle on 4th???

I think you have it! It's pretty simple really. Look at history versus the talent stacked ABCs, unless you have a balanced attack they can and will stuff the run leaving you with no offensive output. especially if you have to score quickly when behind. Oh NO!!! Here comes the Jet Sweep on 2nd down in 2-minute offense. and maybe we'll see the Sally on 3rd and perhaps a Waggle on 4th???

Ok, so then when we had David Sharp in 2001 and 2002

2001: Sharp threw for 1000 yards, Miles Staggs caught 20 some odd passes for 9 TD's and we relied much less on the run. We lost to Mckenzie 42-14 in the third round... Okay

2002: Ellis Dailey rushed for 1200 yards, Sharp rushed for 700, Skelton for 600... averaged around 325 per game. Threw the ball a LOT less. We lost to McKenzie 16-13 in round 3.

Maybe I missed the big differance? Explain it to me further.