Lewis County playoffs

radio33

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were on the same team at one time, before you split to PC.

I think in order to advance you need more than just talent. You do need game breakers and size and we do have both. You also need unselfishness, Chemistry and Luck. We've played a few teams in the past who won or played in the Champ. game including Libscomb, Bruceton and G'paster and they all played as a team. I think all their coaches will tell you that somewhere during the run they got a little lucky. Now, maybe you create you own luck, I don't know. So to answer you question, yes I believe that we have as good of team as we've had in 30 years. Will we put it together and make a run? I hope so!

I think in order to advance you need more than just talent. You do need game breakers and size and we do have both. You also need unselfishness, Chemistry and Luck. We've played a few teams in the past who won or played in the Champ. game including Libscomb, Bruceton and G'paster and they all played as a team. I think all their coaches will tell you that somewhere during the run they got a little lucky. Now, maybe you create you own luck, I don't know. So to answer you question, yes I believe that we have as good of team as we've had in 30 years. Will we put it together and make a run? I hope so!

Turnovers will be the key. If LC can keep those in check, they will go far- IMO.

1 There's no way in the Z plan to know if they would face Richland or not in the first round. The brackets have not been drawn up. That will happen this Saturday.

2 History would say they won't get past the 2nd round, but that's in the old plan. I think you have to wait until you see a bracket and potential matchups before you can make a prediction like that.

3 I don't think their out of region schedule has tested them at all for the playoffs. The Hickman County was the only test and they passed with flying colors. There's a little bit of an unknown there.

4 I don't get why Coach Sharp is against the Z Plan. In the Columbia paper he says that it's because with 9 regions, one bracket would have 3 #1 seeds and that would be unfair. Duh. If they kept the 8 regions and just put more teams in them, one of those 1 seeds would be a 2 seed. What's the difference? We haven't seen how the Z plan will work, but I like the idea that a 4 seed with a losing record from a 5 or 6 team region can't make the playoffs but a 5 seed from a stronger region with a winning record can. There also is something to be said about not playing regions 1 versus 2, 3 versus 4, 5 versus 6 and so on year after year after year. Nothing wrong with mixing it up a little and playing some of the other regions. It's still geographically based and I would think the region 6 teams might appreciate not going up against region 5 right off the bat. I think the Z plan works in Lewis County's favor more than they might suspect.

So what number were you?

[

2 History would say they won't get past the 2nd round, but that's in the old plan. I think you have to wait until you see a bracket and potential matchups before you can make a prediction like that.

I respect your opinion and we usually agree on a lot of things on this board. With that being said, I get tired of hearing about LC not making it past the 2nd round because of history. I don't think History has anything to do with it. I understand that you are judged by what you are doing at the present. The facts show that LC has advanced past the 2nd round 6 times and 2 of those times we were beaten by the state champions (G'pasture & D'lipscomb). DL was clearly the better team, but GP was a 17-14 defeat that could have went either way. My point is that if you are a rual school who plays with the talent that you grow then you must keep knocking on the door until you have everything fall into place to open it. When you don't just "out talent" everyone certain things must fall into place, once you make it to the playoffs, in order to advance into the later rounds. Going by the analogy that you're on an inevitable course to repeat history year in and year out, Harpeth would never win again because their recent history (2004-06) they only won 2 games in 3 years. Now we both know that is not the case and teams can do better or worst then in years past depending on there circumstances during that period of time. Before Livingston Aca. won it all in 2005 they had only been to the 3rd round twice. You probably didn't ment this statement the way it sounds, but we hear this statement all the time and it gets old. We have a good FB program that overachieves much more than it underachieves.