Union City@Gleason

wallygator

No, I do not PLAY for UNION CITY, but at one time I was a , as some have put it, a STAR Player for UNION CITY. Now I am in the Stands.

Wish I was on the field.

Try next time.

A star huh. Did Mike Hutchins call you that? Being that I played for UC as well, I should know you. Give me a clue!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple and Gold I would like to see what your position would be if Union City were moved up to 2A and were the smallest team in that classification. I think your tone would change. It does not make any sense to say that enrollment size does not make any difference. If you have a pool of 400 students and I have a pool of 150 students to form a football team, who has the advantage. Don't kid yourself into thinking it doesn't matter. You don't talk about it on game day, but it is still soething to contend with.

No bro...I have been through what you talk about.....UC was one of the smallest teams in 2A for a good while.....Just like most programs things change......Believe it or not I wish we still were in 2A....I have always thought 2A ball was toughest classification to win a title and we were there on the verge twice....In the semis quite a few other times...When you get used to seeing the types of teams I have seen UC play over the years the SMALL teams and the small stadiums we play at now are pretty much a downer....BUT,having said that I never will belittle one of those small schools or not respect them...When you do that you will get beat...When we were in that situation I never really thought about the team we were playing was bigger than us....I didn't really care....I didn't talk about it on game day or during the week either one...Like I said,it's a built-in excuse for when you lose a game....

A star huh. Did Mike Hutchins call you that? Being that I played for UC as well, I should know you. Give me a clue!

I am from "Parts Unknown".

No, when I played, Mike "The Hitman" Hutch wasn't at the messenger. May days goes way back.

Anyway, from what I am hearing, I may be eating some of that left over crow from the Bruceton Game.

Union City can't stop the run, means can't win the game.

Looks like Gleason has this one heading into the "W" side.

I was wrong>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry fella, just like poor old West Carroll, YOU JUST AIN"T GOT A CHANCE.

Union City will come into the game ready to throw, throw, throw some more, throw some more, more, more, and then run right DOWN your throat.

I would say, maybe next year but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER........

hey butchie, I feel that laugh coming on again......oh......oh..........oh.....you got to be kidding me 'wallygator'

Well what have you got to say now! Nothing I guess!! MOTORMOUTH!! GO GLEASON BULLDOGS!! OPPS GLEASON DID IT AGAIN!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First off.I want to congratulate the Bulldogs of Gleason....I guess they showed everyone,including their fans,that size doesn't matter.....Those young men showed alot of heart and alot of character...Maybe one day the players at Union City will show that again in the near future....I don't know the history of Gleason football so I don't know if this was the biggest win in school history for the football team but it has to be up there....They played just like a team with everything on the line and Union City played just like a team that had a playoff spot clinched.....And I hope nobody takes that as a slight to the win the Bulldogs achieved tonite...Because folks,the score could have been worse and the game wasn't two possessions close.....I have to take my hat off to the Wallace kid(QB) also to the Verdell kid#43...Also thought the Ezell(#4) kid showed alot of heart coming back after injuring his ankle...The o-line just whipped our tails tonite...As I said in an earlier post,the winner of this game would be the team that blocked and tackled the best..As complicated as some folks want to make this game sometimes, it always goes back to that simple,basic fact...Gleason blocked and tackled much better than Union City did tonite.....

Now to the players and coaches at Union City...Guys this is the single worst loss in our storied football history.....Not only the worst but also the most embarrassing.....Union City has played for state championships in recent history in football...We have had undefeated regular seasons...We have beaten the Milan's,Huntingdon's,Martin Westview's and Humboldt's.....Gleason is one of if not the smallest football playing school in the state...There are certain teams Union City should just not lose to...I wish our coaches would have made our players stand out and watch the celebration after the game..I did....I saw the pride in the eyes of the students,the fans old and young alike and I saw the pride in the eyes of the Gleason coaches and players....Guys,we have had that before and I honestly don't know where it has gone...I support our players and I support our coaches.....I have said on here before,many times,that I will never call for a high school coach to be fired....I may not always agree with a coach but that's why I am a US government employee and not a football coach...I think some of the folks in the stands don't realize or forget to realize that a high school coach,many of them anyway don't only coach football...They do have another little thing they have to do 8 hours a day and that is teach our children....That's like having two full-time jobs and they ain't gettin rich doing it either....So,I'm not saying fire the whole crew and get new guys in there...I'm not...But I do think it is time to re-focus where we want our program to go...I honestly believe much better times are on the way and in the very near future,and with this coaching staff so let's all get behind these guys and work harder and get this thing back to where every Union City fan wants it...Because I'm telling you right here and now losing to Gleason isn't going to get it.....

Again CONGRATS to Gleason...You guys deserved the win,you earned it..Now go get Fayette Academy and rep our region well.....

Union City...You got your work cut out for you...T.C.A in Jackson...We have made our beds,now we have to lay in it....If we come out and play like we did tonite we can start getting the basketballs ready...Good Luck to the Tornadoes next Friday nite....

Sorry fella, just like poor old West Carroll, YOU JUST AIN"T GOT A CHANCE.

Union City will come into the game ready to throw, throw, throw some more, throw some more, more, more, and then run right DOWN your throat.

I would say, maybe next year but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER........

hey butchie, I feel that laugh coming on again......oh......oh..........oh.....you got to be kidding me 'wallygator'

[/quot

Do you still feel that laugh coming on??????????????

Guess again Butchie!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I was talking to him at South Fulton when someone got the score on their radio right after halftime and he 'bout swallowed his dip!!! He loaded up his crew and took off for Gleason just to see if the score was right!!!

I'd been havin' a feelin' about that game all week. Somehow I knew that Gleason would pull it off. They peaked at the perfect time for them.