Union City@Gleason

wallygator

You know,when Union City and Gleason step out on the field Friday nite neither team will be worried about what enrollment they have...UC won't be worried about what a Westview,Alcoa,Milan,Chattanooga Tyner or any other AA team would do to them...Why??...Because it is irrelevant...Why??...Because UC is 1A now and will be for awhile....What does it really matter if there are kids living in Union City and going to Obion Central??...OC has an enrollment of over 1000 kids,so what??...What impact will any of that garbage have on the game Friday nite??...Nothing...I'm sure Gleason's coaches have preached the us against the world stuff....I'm sure they have mentioned that UC is a school in a big town(compared to Gleason)and what it would mean to Gleason residents,alumni,students and the program if they were to beat Union City....At the end of the day that doesn't matter either....If Gleason needs some sort of added motivation to play Friday nite they will be in for a world of hurt...If you can't get motivated by simply putting on that uniform and going out and playing for a playoff spot,then you really don't need to suit up at all...I'll tell you who will win....The team that blocks the best and tackles the best,that's who will win....At any given time on the field it can only be 11-on-11...Not 370 kids against 150...Union City's players are not going to worry about how many kids Gleason has in school....I'm not going to be worried about how many kids are in Gleason High School...I'll tell what I will be worried about though,those 11 kids Gleason has on the field....The small school thing is a built in excuse for losing....What was the excuse for losing to Greenfield and Lake County??....

I predict Gleason will play well early but UC will play well longer.....36-12 Union City....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the worst Union City team ever. Thank goodness they are not in AA or they would be 1-9 this year. Gleason has a good chance Friday night. You can talk about beating Gleason by 40 but it aint going to happen.

No Sir, IT IS NOT the worst team ever at Union City and I really do not care. We are going to the playoffs ( Goal of evry school ) and we will see from there.

Year in and year out, Union City is some threat to most schools they play just because they are Union City. Not to say that about a little town school like Gleason or someone else.

Union City is doing just fine in the Single A ranks and belong there. Even if we had 900 kids the team may or may not be different. Look at Obion County, just because they have over 900 kids in the school means they should be good every year.

Union City is 6 - 3 right now and come Friday night we end the regular season at 7 - 3. Not bad on a team that looses their main player from time to tme like everone else. When was the last time Gleason was 6 - 3 going into the final game...............hum.............kinda like the Cubs Baseball team winning the World Series.......100 years ago.

Anyway, Union City will win the game Friday either by 1 point or 50 points. That doesn't matter....it only matters when the clock ends and WE WIN !!!!!!

Go Tornadoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow...union city at gleason

And it's a big game..I remember not too long ago when UC was the toast of the town in 2A. What happened?

Just like any other program. Union City is going through a rebuilding period. We have some very talented kids coming up from the 7th through the 10 grade now.

Our numbers are down in the school and on the field. Overall, we are putting a decent team on the field. Not near as bad as everyone wants to say they are.

My question is, how can you other people say how bad Union City is and the folks that are talking should be and probably are at their own teams game so how do they know. I see them each week so I know.

Thought I would say that about some of the folk who post+

. Just seeing a team one game is not enough.

Look at Obion County, just because they have over 900 kids in the school means they should be good every year.

Anyway, Union City will win the game Friday either by 1 point or 50 points. That doesn't matter....it only matters when the clock ends and WE WIN !!!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I agree with you on the Obion County idea. We'll see about the other. We'll know tomorrow night.

I agree. UC is not as bad as people think. And Gleason will see "how bad" they are tonight.

You guys will be able to pass on them at will.

Just like any other program. Union City is going through a rebuilding period. We have some very talented kids coming up from the 7th through the 10 grade now.

Our numbers are down in the school and on the field. Overall, we are putting a decent team on the field. Not near as bad as everyone wants to say they are.

My question is, how can you other people say how bad Union City is and the folks that are talking should be and probably are at their own teams game so how do they know. I see them each week so I know.

Thought I would say that about some of the folk who post+

. Just seeing a team one game is not enough.

Purple and Gold I would like to see what your position would be if Union City were moved up to 2A and were the smallest team in that classification. I think your tone would change. It does not make any sense to say that enrollment size does not make any difference. If you have a pool of 400 students and I have a pool of 150 students to form a football team, who has the advantage. Don't kid yourself into thinking it doesn't matter. You don't talk about it on game day, but it is still soething to contend with.

UCDIDITAGAIN,

Be sure to tell your coaches not to score more than 14 pts over Gleason or you will be running up the score. Then you will have to face Monstermash and 10teamdreamsicle.

Personally, post 60 on them if you can. If you are going to get accused of running it up, you might as well let the Tornado's prep for the playoffs. You guys have better team than most are giving you credit for. I for one saw a UC team that night in McKenzie that looked like the UC of old. Nothing like what was predicted. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Who is UCDIDITAGAIN? He obviously plays for UC! Does he know that he may want to keep his mouth shut since he plays for UC and people and thier coaching staff knows it? This probably isn't a good idea for UCDIDITAGAIN!

Who is UCDIDITAGAIN? He obviously plays for UC! Does he know that he may want to keep his mouth shut since he plays for UC and people and thier coaching staff knows it? This probably isn't a good idea for UCDIDITAGAIN!

No, I do not PLAY for UNION CITY, but at one time I was a , as some have put it, a STAR Player for UNION CITY. Now I am in the Stands.

Wish I was on the field.

Try next time.

Purple and Gold I would like to see what your position would be if Union City were moved up to 2A and were the smallest team in that classification. I think your tone would change. It does not make any sense to say that enrollment size does not make any difference. If you have a pool of 400 students and I have a pool of 150 students to form a football team, who has the advantage. Don't kid yourself into thinking it doesn't matter. You don't talk about it on game day, but it is still soething to contend with.

Hey folks, even when Union City was in AA they were one of the smallest schools even when we went to the Clinic Bowl when we did. Look at the past records and you will see. For probably the last 10 years Union City was in AA they WERE the smallest in Western Tennessee and one of the smallest in the state.