Collierville vs Bearden 2

secoverrated

Cville #1 in the state and #6 in the NATION. One of these two teams will lay claim to 2 state championships in the last 3 years. C'ville in an upset, I do not think so simply because of the ranking which they have earned all year and in all honesty, a ranking they began working on over 4 years ago. It will be a very good game with the edge going to the team that plays not so much with emotion but the one that plays like they want it the most. I choose C'ville because of the heartbreaker in 2006. Matters not who I pick, what matters is the attitude of the players and especially the first 20 minutes of the game. Good luck to all the players.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Led by seniors, Jenna Fioranelli, Ali Glemser, Morgan McBride, Taylor Caveatte and Junior's Emily Rothwell and Kendyl Wilson, does CHS have jitters from last year's lost or is this a new year to create new memories for a program that is on the rise. Will Bearden look at last year or forget about last year. Bearden is very very fast and very deep. What are your thoughts as I am sure everyone or some will have an opionion. Good luck to both teams, it will be a war indeed.

Why would you consider it an upset if C-ville wins? If I'm not mistaken, C-ville remains ranked No. 1 in the state and is unbeaten. They are playing with confidence and are also deep. Rothwell is one of the state's best defenders and plays tough and smart. There is no doubt it will be a tough, physical game. But, Collierville has the "lucky charm" it was missing last year - Clyde the bus driver is back. He drove them when they captured the title in 05.

Why would you consider it an upset if C-ville wins? If I'm not mistaken, C-ville remains ranked No. 1 in the state and is unbeaten. They are playing with confidence and are also deep. Rothwell is one of the state's best defenders and plays tough and smart. There is no doubt it will be a tough, physical game. But, Collierville has the "lucky charm" it was missing last year - Clyde the bus driver is back. He drove them when they captured the title in 05.

Should be the best soccer you'll ever see, Bearden has a remarkable team, I have the most respect for Coach Turner and wish there were more coaches like him out there, to feed the colleges with well trained players. Coach Turner is one of the coaches that plays his players according to their abilities and hard work not their parents bank account.

Go Collierville, its not Luck, its SKILL.......Play your game

Good Luck to both teams

(no disrespect intended to anyone)

Cville #1 in the state and #6 in the NATION. One of these two teams will lay claim to 2 state championships in the last 3 years. C'ville in an upset, I do not think so simply because of the ranking which they have earned all year and in all honesty, a ranking they began working on over 4 years ago. It will be a very good game with the edge going to the team that plays not so much with emotion but the one that plays like they want it the most. I choose C'ville because of the heartbreaker in 2006. Matters not who I pick, what matters is the attitude of the players and especially the first 20 minutes of the game. Good luck to all the players.

According to the national rankings, Collierville is #15.....still impressive.

According to the national rankings, Collierville is #15.....still impressive.

Don't know what your reading, but

NSCAA/adidas®

National Rankings

High School Fall Rankings Girls

National 8th Poll - October 30, 2007

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1 Immaculate Heart Academy (Township of Washington, N.J.) 1 16 - 0 - 0

2 South Side (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) 2 14 - 0 - 0

3 Acton-Boxborough Regional (Acton, Mass.) 3 17 - 0 - 1

4 Lincoln (Portland, Ore.) 5 13 - 0 - 0

5 Strongsville (Ohio) 4 15 - 0 - 4

6 Collierville (Tenn.) 12 17 - 0 - 5

7 Gorham (Maine) 8 15 - 0 - 1

8 Bethlehem Central (Delmar, N.Y.) 9 16 - 0 - 0

9 Eastlake (Sammamish, Wash.) 10 14 - 0 - 0

10 Woodbury (Minn.) 15 19 - 1 - 1

11 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Md.) 16 16 - 1 - 1

12 Montgomery (Santa Rosa, Calif.) 14 18 - 0 - 1

13 Washington Township (N.J.) NR 17 - 1 - 1

14 Whitman-Hanson (Whitman, Mass.) 19 17 - 0 - 0

15 Ursuline Academy (Cincinnati, Ohio) 21 17 - 1 - 1

16 Issaquah (Wash.) 20 15 - 0 - 1

17 St. Anthony's (Melville, N.Y.) NR 15 - 0 - 0

18 Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, Va.) NR 15 - 3 - 3

19 Cheshire (Conn.) NR 15 - 0 - 1

20 The Pennington School (Pennington, N.J.) NR 16 - 3 - 0

20 St. Ursula Academy (Cincinnati, Ohio) NR 16 - 1 - 2

22 Alta (Sandy, Utah)* * 25 18 - 2 - 0

23 St. John's College Prep (Washington, D.C.) 6 17 - 2 - 2

24 The Pingry School (Martinsville, N.J.) NR 14 - 1 - 2

25 Christian Brothers Academy (Syracuse, N.Y.) NR 15 - 1 - 2

With that said, I putting my one dollar on Bearden. I've seen both play (actually played one) and Bearden in a stronger scoring team. If Collierville can hold them off, it will be a great game. I hope the the Dragons can prevail, we need some more metal in West TN. Good luck to both.

NSCAA/adidas???

National Rankings

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

With that said, I putting my one dollar on Bearden. I've seen both play (actually played one) and Bearden in a stronger scoring team. If Collierville can hold them off, it will be a great game. I hope the the Dragons can prevail, we need some more metal in West TN. Good luck to both.

My bad, I was looking at a ranking on National Soccer Ranking.com and the date was 10/9.

I hope you're right about Bearden......

NSCAA/adidas®

National Rankings

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1 Immaculate Heart Academy (Township of Washington, N.J.) 1 16 - 0 - 0

2 South Side (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) 2 14 - 0 - 0

3 Acton-Boxborough Regional (Acton, Mass.) 3 17 - 0 - 1

4 Lincoln (Portland, Ore.) 5 13 - 0 - 0

5 Strongsville (Ohio) 4 15 - 0 - 4

7 Gorham (Maine) 8 15 - 0 - 1

8 Bethlehem Central (Delmar, N.Y.) 9 16 - 0 - 0

9 Eastlake (Sammamish, Wash.) 10 14 - 0 - 0

10 Woodbury (Minn.) 15 19 - 1 - 1

11 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Md.) 16 16 - 1 - 1

12 Montgomery (Santa Rosa, Calif.) 14 18 - 0 - 1

13 Washington Township (N.J.) NR 17 - 1 - 1

14 Whitman-Hanson (Whitman, Mass.) 19 17 - 0 - 0

15 Ursuline Academy (Cincinnati, Ohio) 21 17 - 1 - 1

16 Issaquah (Wash.) 20 15 - 0 - 1

17 St. Anthony's (Melville, N.Y.) NR 15 - 0 - 0

18 Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, Va.) NR 15 - 3 - 3

19 Cheshire (Conn.) NR 15 - 0 - 1

20 The Pennington School (Pennington, N.J.) NR 16 - 3 - 0

20 St. Ursula Academy (Cincinnati, Ohio) NR 16 - 1 - 2

22 Alta (Sandy, Utah)* * 25 18 - 2 - 0

23 St. John's College Prep (Washington, D.C.) 6 17 - 2 - 2

24 The Pingry School (Martinsville, N.J.) NR 14 - 1 - 2

25 Christian Brothers Academy (Syracuse, N.Y.) NR 15 - 1 - 2

So glad to get a TN team in this ranking!!! Congrats Collierville and thanks for Stephanie Surgener! What a classy young lady and steadfast player!!!

Played St. John's College Prep earlier in the year and ...wow...anyone at the PJPII play day will attest to the skilz that this team possessed. An Allstar team from TN would have been tested by this team.

So glad to get a TN team in this ranking!!! Congrats Collierville and thanks for Stephanie Surgener! What a classy young lady and steadfast player!!!

Played St. John's College Prep earlier in the year and ...wow...anyone at the PJPII play day will attest to the skilz that this team possessed. An Allstar team from TN would have been tested by this team.

Simply cannot wait until the start of this match. Good luck to both teams.

Being relatively new to the sport of soccer, I am very interested in the comments and responses posted on some of these threads. My biggest question for this thread is: What will the Bearden Girls Soccer Team have to do to earn the respect of the state for it's soccer accomplishments the last two years? They came in underrated and overlooked last year...beat the three top teams in the state including the 2005 champions. Came in this year...overlooked and underrated again...their only losses came from out of state teams(one ranked #5 in the country) and here they are again in the state final game. What has Collierville done this year that Bearden hasn't? I understand they are undefeated but they also have 5 ties. That tells me they don't always know how to finish. The Bearden girls may be young, emotional, or whatever else you want to say about them but they show up every game and get the job done. These girls are winners and winners always find a way to win! Good luck tomorrow to both teams. I look forward to paying my $7 to watch this game!

My biggest question for this thread is: What will the Bearden Girls Soccer Team have to do to earn the respect of the state for it's soccer accomplishments the last two years? They came in underrated and overlooked last year...beat the three top teams in the state including the 2005 champions. Came in this year...overlooked and underrated again...their only losses came from out of state teams(one ranked #5 in the country) and here they are again in the state final game.

What makes you think the Bearden is being overlooked and not respected? The rankings on Eurosport? The comments? I think anyone who knows anything about soccer knows that Bearden will be in the hunt every year. It should be a great game. Collierville's patience and leadership against Bearden's speed and relentless attack. I have a feeling if Collierville sneaks one in, their defense will hold Bearden out. Lot's of experience and leadership on that back line. Good luck to both teams!

plus she is really dangerous on corners too

who will she play club for this year stones river or tnfc