Rhea Co. vs Maryville

m4rcut

Has anyone heard for sure if Randy Sharp will be playing tomorrow night? I had heard he didn't practice at the begining of the week. I know he sat out last week but I thought he would be back for Maryville.

I don't think he is because he did not practice all week this week. Plus the injury that he has will take sometime to heal. Chris will also be out for the game he had to have surgery again.

The All Region Selections are in

Special Teams-Josh Davis

All Academic- Ryan Smith

Co Best Lineman Brandon "Big Mac" McLeroy. Tied with Red Bank's Sanchez

Co Best Offensive Player Julian Sharp. Tied with Red Bank's Tim Benford

Other All Region Selections

Kevin Revis

Jacob Moffet

Chris Roberts

Congratulations to all these players.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the sitch (situation) from the DL, that's right he's back.

Rhea County plays on emotion. Maryville has put Rhea County out year after year. So the head Coach there has told local 'sources' that he plans to take Maryville where they haven't been taken before. He believes that Maryville plays 'without' emotion if you will. Stonecold through the high's and low's. He believes if they can win the 'mental' battle vs the Rebs, they will win. One fan says, "Coach has been very secretive and the players know their strengths and they are set on building on those."

From the DL's perspective, this is a good move. Getting into a jock strap match with Coach Quarles is not a good idea. You know he will win the X's and O's battle, so instead Rhea County will crank up their fight of an 'emotional' battle.' Fire vs Ice.

Good? Who knows? But the DL believes Rhea County needs to try something new, and they can't do something new when they are in the past.

Best of luck to both teams on the gridiron, and as always the DL will be on the sideline handling the reporting side of things.

Here's the sitch (situation) from the DL, that's right he's back.

Rhea County plays on emotion. Maryville has put Rhea County out year after year. So the head Coach there has told local 'sources' that he plans to take Maryville where they haven't been taken before. He believes that Maryville plays 'without' emotion if you will. Stonecold through the high's and low's. He believes if they can win the 'mental' battle vs the Rebs, they will win. One fan says, "Coach has been very secretive and the players know their strengths and they are set on building on those."

From the DL's perspective, this is a good move. Getting into a jock strap match with Coach Quarles is not a good idea. You know he will win the X's and O's battle, so instead Rhea County will crank up their fight of an 'emotional' battle.' Fire vs Ice.

Good? Who knows? But the DL believes Rhea County needs to try something new, and they can't do something new when they are in the past.

Best of luck to both teams on the gridiron, and as always the DL will be on the sideline handling the reporting side of things.

You are right we do play on emotion, and we are 0, 6 against them in our school's histories, but despite what many think this is the year. We do need to win the mental aspect of the game vs. maryville but we are just gonna come out an physically beat them. Maryville is a great team, but rhea wants this one and the difference is we know we can win this game. Come out and support us rhea fans it will be a great game.

You are right we do play on emotion, and we are 0, 6 against them in our school's histories, but despite what many think this is the year. We do need to win the mental aspect of the game vs. maryville but we are just gonna come out an physically beat them. Maryville is a great team, but rhea wants this one and the difference is we know we can win this game. Come out and support us rhea fans it will be a great game.

If great games are blow outs. As in Marryville blowing out Rhea.

You are right Maryville does not play on emotion and that is by design, GQ believes if you get so high then at somepoint you will get that low also and he dosn't want his kids to pay that way. he wants them to go out and take care of the business at hand in a workman like manner. may teams have scored early on the rebels, but that may be the only score they have or at least until its already been decided. so as a rebels fan i hope RCHS comes out high as a kite and scores first cause i'll bet ya a dollar to a doughnut they can't mantain that momentum for 4 qtrs.

Good luck to both teams. I hear Rhea has a 1300 yd rusher. I'm not sure he's seen the kind of speed MHS will have from sideline to sideline since Rhea played Red Bank. Also, it's hard to be one dimensional and win vs. the Rebs.

Halls did exploit the Rebel defense some though and expose its weaknesses. It should be a good game. I'm certain Coach Gaylor has worked hard on the problems the Rebs had with Halls run game.

BTW, the record between the two schools stands at 11-2.

ET Prep Talk dot com

Good luck to both teams. I hear Rhea has a 1300 yd rusher. I'm not sure he's seen the kind of speed MHS will have from sideline to sideline since Rhea played Red Bank. Also, it's hard to be one dimensional and win vs. the Rebs.

Halls did exploit the Rebel defense some though and expose its weaknesses. It should be a good game. I'm certain Coach Gaylor has worked hard on the problems the Rebs had with Halls run game.

BTW, the record between the two schools stands at 11-2.

ET Prep Talk dot com

Yeah Julian is currently at 1535 on the season and Julian only has to get I believe 207 yards tonight to break the all time single season rushing record at Rhea. Oh we have seen plenty of speed from Brainerd and Red Bank this year, and Julian got over 150+ against each. If Maryville is anywhere near the speed of Brainerd I will be surprised. But like it was said earlier Julian is the big part of this team but he is not the only dimension to this team.

Rhea is very high on emotion right now especially after that little scrum last week at White Co. Nothing like a good little fight to bring a teams intensity up.

If great games are blow outs. As in Marryville blowing out Rhea.

Hey you have a few people looking for you including bigmac. I would hide for good if I were you. I talked to his dad this week and he said he don't like the way you have been bad mouthing the boys. Your name will come out soon and ooooohhh boy. Now the game. I think that the EAGLES will be ready to play. Win or loose they will have fun doing it. HEY MR4CUT GET OFF THE NET U R A LOOSER. If you are going to bash people do it somewhere else. The game will be a good one. I hope it goes well for the EAGLES. They are ready. The seniors don't want to go out early so lets everyone go out for the game and have a good time. MR4CUT stay at home cause someone is going to get you.

Yeah Julian is currently at 1535 on the season and Julian only has to get I believe 207 yards tonight to break the all time single season rushing record at Rhea.

I wouldn't count on him getting that 200+ tonight against the Rebels (and that obviously would preclude him from getting it this season...). This Rebel defense is very underrated.

Maryville is anywhere near the speed of Brainerd I will be surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all.

MHS rolls tonight. They know how to beat Rhea and they know they will. Rhea is hoping they can beat MHS but MHS is knowing they can beat Rhea. There's one of the key differences.

35-14 Red Rebels