Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 turnovers by OR.

OR was the better team but couldn't get it done. D-B's season ends next week.

Im not to sure about that. A few things that really changed the game besides the Oak Ridge turnovers. The fumble by Dukart when DB was in scoring position, Two big runs by Sensabaugh that were called back for blocks in the back (both of which were away from the play. DB was penilized 30yrds on one series alone. Those things almost evens the Oak Ridge turnovers. I do think this was the worst game of the season for the defense. They didn't tackle very well and gave up the first quarter just like they have all season. They will have to play alot better next week. That was a huge stop there at the 4 yrd. line at the end of the game though. Maybe DB's season will end next week. Maybe Farragut's will. I just don't see DB rolling over for Farragut, or anybody else for that matter.

Great game----both teams fought hard. DB made the big plays which is something that had been missing a lot this year. Defense gritty as usual. This defense has played as well as any DB team in recent memory. Linebackers may not be the biggest LB corp but they play well together. D line also played well. DB was seriously outsized but plays with a lot of heart. Flew around the ball and gang tackled. Punt downed on the 1 yard line was a big play---even thought Oak Ridge went the length of the field a lot of clock was used up and then the defense stepped up to seal the win. As long as the defense continues to play well they will stay in the game. Congratulations to Oak Ridge on a good season----good luck to the Tribe----don't count them out! Roll Tribe!

Im not to sure about that. A few things that really changed the game besides the Oak Ridge turnovers. The fumble by Dukart when DB was in scoring position, Two big runs by Sensabaugh that were called back for blocks in the back (both of which were away from the play. DB was penilized 30yrds on one series alone. Those things almost evens the Oak Ridge turnovers. I do think this was the worst game of the season for the defense. They didn't tackle very well and gave up the first quarter just like they have all season. They will have to play alot better next week. That was a huge stop there at the 4 yrd. line at the end of the game though. Maybe DB's season will end next week. Maybe Farragut's will. I just don't see DB rolling over for Farragut, or anybody else for that matter.

Oak Ridge's QB looked lost throwing the out or fade pattern. He just heaved it for easy pickings, most of the time into double coverage. He had success throwing quickly to the wing but really struggled throwing it down the field.

I haven't seen Farragut play, only know their reputation this year. Coach Clark will have the team ready. They are hungry. In HS football, eliminate the turnovers and prevent the big plays and you have a great chance of winning. DB's receivers must catch the football. Ring threw a strike to JCrawford down the sidelines. Stephens made a play for the ball but JCrawford should have made the catch. That would have put the ball inside the 10. You have to make those plays.

I thought Ring had a good game at QB for DB. I only saw one bad pass. All the other incompletes should of been caught. The TD pass to Ducart was right on the money. He also picked up the biggest first down of the game with the run at the end of the game to seal it. Just thought I'd throw that in there for those two or three haters that post on here all the time. By the way........what ever happened to those Sensabaugh haters???? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ring did have a good game last nite.If he can ever learn to throw a pass that is catchable to Crawford and not over his head like he does for Dukart,he will look alot better and so will the offense.

nothing to do with the game but I am totally discouraged that they never mentioned Jon Metcalf and recognized one of the fallen students at this high school. He was a student as well as an athlete at this school and I understand a friend to many football players. The team saw fit to dedicate this game to him by wearing #18 on there uniforms and I think he deserved to be recognized and honored BY NAME and not just a generic "moment of silence" that some may not have even been aware of what it was for. I actually was angry at that point and I was very disheartened as a fan of this school knowing that it meant a lot to the team and to Graham. Sometimes we put so much into the outcome of a game and forget these are kids that we pull for.

I agree. Perhaps a letter to school administration would be appropriate here - don't just be angry, take action. Things change when action is taken. I was impressed with the way the team dedicated the game to him by writing his name on the field an kneeling there when the took the field initially.

How bout the half back pass from #2 to #33?? GREAT paly call but WOW what a HIT! It may have been one of the hardest hits I've ever saw in high schoo football! I'm glad Lane was OK. He said on the radio after the game that he didn't just see stars, he saw the Milky Way!

By the way...... WKPT anouncers after the game made a WONDERFUL comment about how Jon Metcalf was up there with all the other DB guys have have passed way to early cheering the team on. I thought that was a WONDERFUL thing to say!

Ring did have a good game last nite.If he can ever learn to throw a pass that is catchable to Crawford and not over his head like he does for Dukart,he will look alot better and so will the offense.

Let's not put it all on Ring,it was a perfect pass down the sideline and would have been a great catch but If he had took anything off,it would have been intercepted.Crawford did drop a sure TD pass at WB as well.If his route running is like his punt returning , he may not be in the right place to begain with.Crawford is a great athlete and can be a very good weapon for us,but he is where he is this year.

I haven't seen Farragut play, only know their reputation this year. Coach Clark will have the team ready. They are hungry. In HS football, eliminate the turnovers and prevent the big plays and you have a great chance of winning. DB's receivers must catch the football. Ring threw a strike to JCrawford down the sidelines. Stephens made a play for the ball but JCrawford should have made the catch. That would have put the ball inside the 10. You have to make those plays.

The pass was caught even though it was over his head and the defender knocked crawford out off bounds while he was in the air.Far from a strike.If he had of hung on it would have been a great play.It is not hard to see how one receiver is catching balls right to him and another has to make good plays or fight for the ball with the defender to keep him from intercepting.As far as being covered on the post route#10 was open at the begining of the play.QB has to look.

How bout the half back pass from #2 to #33?? GREAT paly call but WOW what a HIT! It may have been one of the hardest hits I've ever saw in high schoo football! I'm glad Lane was OK. He said on the radio after the game that he didn't just see stars, he saw the Milky Way!

By the way...... WKPT anouncers after the game made a WONDERFUL comment about how Jon Metcalf was up there with all the other DB guys have have passed way to early cheering the team on. I thought that was a WONDERFUL thing to say!

I agree that was a great play call and a tremendous hit. I still remember the hit Philip Tritapoe took a few years back where he got up immediately after a big hit and then walked back to the huddle and went down.

I heard Clark make those comments and it sounded like he was geting choked up. It is a tough situation I'm sure for the family and I feel as if they could have placed the game in the bakground for one moment and made a public announcement for one of the fallen student atheles.