Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns-Bennett:

Offense: Avg. 26.1 pts per game. Has not scored under 30pts since Sept. 14.. against Oak Ridge(lost 7-14).

Defense: Avg. Avg. 11.7 pts per game. Most points given up. 24 (14-24 loss @ William Blount).

Oak Ridge:

Offense: Avg. 26.7 pts per game.

Defense: Avg. 16.1 pts per game.

Regular Season Matchup:

Oak Ridge won 14-7 @ Dobyns-Bennett.

Common Opponents:

William Blount

Oak Ridge lost 10-21.

Dobyns-Bennett lost @ William Blount 14-24

There seems to be some "issues" in the Oak Ridge camp. The fan base is divided and the team may very well be. Dobyns-Bennett has improved as the year progressed and with home field advantage I feel that DB will win....

Probably about the same score as their first meeting with DB on the plus side...

Note: This is just pure speculation on my part .. Hope everyone has a safe trip throughout the playoffs... Good luck to both teams.....

There seems to be some "issues" in the Oak Ridge camp. The fan base is divided and the team may very well be. Dobyns-Bennett has improved as the year progressed and with home field advantage I feel that DB will win....

Probably about the same score as their first meeting with DB on the plus side...

Note: This is just pure speculation on my part .. Hope everyone has a safe trip throughout the playoffs... Good luck to both teams.....

Good post and I agree. 6 weeks ago I would have picked the Wildcats without hesitation. However the Indians are one of the most improved football teams east of Chattanooga at this time. Some of the DB faithful questioned GC but he developed his squad like a young Heavy Weight contender. As this team goes into the playoffs it is a more HUMBLE team /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> that you traditionally have at DB (this will serve you well in the playoffs) and I think this applies to our coachters /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> as well.

DB can run that ball very well now and this makes an adequate throwing game better. The DB defense is still a traditional DB defense. The ball is funny shape and can bounce any direction but I pick the Indians this week. Good luck to Graham Clark and his Football squad.

Great post TPoole!

I agree, I think Oak Ridge has something going on in their heads. They can't seem to win the big ones anymore. Frankly I was surprised at the thrashing they got from Farragut! I'm afraid DB is going to take out some of their regular season frustration on OR in this one. As tough as I think Region 2 is, I'm afraid OR is going out in the first round. (I hope not, but that's my prediction based on the last few games of OR).

Jethro

I think Oak Ridge rolled over last night agianst Farragut and will roll over agianst DB. As For farragut we would rather demolish oak Ridge agian.

Look buddy, go to the Farragut thread. No doubt your team is a flash in the pan this year. I hope Jeff Co. will focus on your one man team next week and leave you neutered.

You know, I don't recall ever hearing a DB fan on here saying they wanted to "demolish" Oak Ridge. Or vice versa. Too much respect. What a classless comment. I mean really, how dare you even use Payton Manning's name.

Looking forward to seeing the Oak Ridge faithful at Kingsport next Friday.

This is Oak Ridge and DB. Throw out the trash talk, the records, and any past problems with fans or players. It will be a hard fought game that will probably go down to the last second just like about every other OR-DB game. And when its over the players and coaches will shake hands and walk off the field with great respect for each other. Thats the way the top 2 winninest football schools in the state of Tennessee play it. No "Flash in the Pans" in this game. Both will be back to do it again next year, as always.

DB - 17

OR - 14

Look buddy, go to the Farragut thread. No doubt your team is a flash in the pan this year. I hope Jeff Co. will focus on your one man team next week and leave you neutered.

You know, I don't recall ever hearing a DB fan on here saying they wanted to "demolish" Oak Ridge. Or vice versa. Too much respect. What a classless comment. I mean really, how dare you even use Payton Manning's name.

Looking forward to seeing the Oak Ridge faithful at Kingsport next Friday.

Farragut isn't a "one man team".....

I think Oak Ridge will win this one.