Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching many years of these two teams go head to head if there is anything I have learned it is that all previous games go out the window and the winner is who wants its the most. Neither of these two leave anything behind when they meet and I do not really expect any less this time.

After a couple of weeks of frustration with the Oak Ridge Web Site (thanks in no part to an episode of unathorized entry, aka hacked) it is back and fully functional. With a nod to the tribe we have used a photo from the field at J. Fred to introduce Round 1.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well what I see happening is OR coming out ready to play, but still coming out flat. The team has looked very flat almost since the DB game earlier this season. In my personal opinion I think that there is to much controversy and division in the OR ranks to have them go deep into the playoffs. And as a strong supporter/player/coach(guess you'll never know who I am???), most of the frustration in the fans is the players, considering theres many, well the entire offense basically plays defense, namingly only a few players. I do see OR pulling out the win 17-14 by their almighty kicker late in the 4th or overtime.

Well what I see happening is OR coming out ready to play, but still coming out flat. The team has looked very flat almost since the DB game earlier this season. In my personal opinion I think that there is to much controversy and division in the OR ranks to have them go deep into the playoffs. And as a strong supporter/player/coach(guess you'll never know who I am???), most of the frustration in the fans is the players, considering theres many, well the entire offense basically plays defense, namingly only a few players. I do see OR pulling out the win 17-14 by their almighty kicker late in the 4th or overtime.

Can you say exactly what is causing the division. Is it related to deciding on a QB or possibly too few players getting playing time, etc. I personally don't feel personnel has been handled well. There are some very good players that should be playing more. Good luck to you on Friday!!

Oak Ridge will do just fine Friday night and as far as them "coming out flat" toward the end of the season, just ask the people in Ooltewah about that one. Oak Ridge is not using the 2 QB system anymore. They are using the Shotgun formation as well as the Power I. The fans may not agree with coach Stevens on everything but we are behind our team and coach 100% !!!! The people in Faragut (like manningfan) don't really have to much to brag about (and shouldn't even be on this post) they have only beaten Oak Ridge 3 times in the past 25 years!! And as soon as Hardin Valley High in West Knox County starts their football program up, the winning days at Faragut may soon be over, because they wont have 2,500 students to choose from anymore!

GO WILDCATS !!

That is the most stupid post I have ever read. Farragut sure does have a lot to brag about! They came to our place and kicked our tails. They gave us a Billy Jack. You had no part in the previous 25 years of wins, only the current loss. Farragut played great and deserves Kudos for a great game and gameplan. Congratulations Farragut and Go Cats! We need to step up with some heart and play a game consistent with our abilities.

Ole Dad

Oak Ridge will do just fine Friday night and as far as them "coming out flat" toward the end of the season, just ask the people in Ooltewah about that one. Oak Ridge is not using the 2 QB system anymore. They are using the Shotgun formation as well as the Power I. The fans may not agree with coach Stevens on everything but we are behind our team and coach 100% !!!! The people in Faragut (like manningfan) don't really have to much to brag about (and shouldn't even be on this post) they have only beaten Oak Ridge 3 times in the past 25 years!! And as soon as Hardin Valley High in West Knox County starts their football program up, the winning days at Faragut may soon be over, because they wont have 2,500 students to choose from anymore!

GO WILDCATS !!

Good post. I see this as two class teams with good fan support. Slate is clean so all bets are off in my book. They both have strong traditions. This will be a nail biter for sure.