Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

After watching many years of these two teams go head to head if there is anything I have learned it is that all previous games go out the window and the winner is who wants its the most. Neither of these two leave anything behind when they meet and I do not really expect any less this time.

After a couple of weeks of frustration with the Oak Ridge Web Site (thanks in no part to an episode of unathorized entry, aka hacked) it is back and fully functional. With a nod to the tribe we have used a photo from the field at J. Fred to introduce Round 1.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey! The site looks great...I think that pic of the endzones helped /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have played 2 qb's in all but one game. Usually Clark plays the first half and Irby plays the second. But if one is really struggling, they'll switch it up. It's not set in stone who plays and when. Some of the fans are frustrated about this, wishing they would pick one or the other and go with it. Some say if you have 2 qb's, then you don't have one(good one). Neither have played exceptionally well to be honest. Both throw a pretty ball now and then, and both struggle with consistency in completion percentage. I don't think there's a problem with the players on which kid plays, the two qb's are close friends and it's not a problem between them.

I love the trip to the Fred; the walk, the warhoop, the rivalry, two class programs. It's a fun trip, can't wait till 7 on Friday.

That is the most stupid post I have ever read. Farragut sure does have a lot to brag about! They came to our place and kicked our tails. They gave us a Billy Jack. You had no part in the previous 25 years of wins, only the current loss. Farragut played great and deserves Kudos for a great game and gameplan. Congratulations Farragut and Go Cats! We need to step up with some heart and play a game consistent with our abilities.

Ole Dad

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Old Dad is absolutely right. Farragut did what they needed to do last Friday, and that's all that counts. If both Oak Ridge and Farragut take care of business this Friday, then Oak Ridge will get another chance. Until then no if and or buts about it, Farragut should brag about it, they won. Go Cats!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Old Dad is absolutely right. Farragut did what they needed to do last Friday, and that's all that counts. If both Oak Ridge and Farragut take care of business this Friday, then Oak Ridge will get another chance. Until then no if and or buts about it, Farragut should brag about it, they won. Go Cats!

I don't agree with much that ole dad says either ,but I too have to say ,well said

Well just in my personal opinion, footballfan999, I believe the division is not in the playing time, but in the starters. I believe that this is also a frustration and know that its a frustration with the crowd how all well here and see on the field is around 14-20 players play in a tough game. Which dont get me wrong thats not a bad thing but to have your starting qb and your starting runningback playing offense and defense. I believe that there is alot of talent on that OR sideline that is not being taken advantage of. Either way it will be a great game, both teams have alot to play for. OR coming after a dissapointing season last year and DB not making it far in the playoffs in a couple years. It will come down to who can keep the mistakes to a minimum, and who wants it more. Its gonna be a great and I hope to see everyone there

That is the most stupid post I have ever read. Farragut sure does have a lot to brag about! They came to our place and kicked our tails. They gave us a Billy Jack. You had no part in the previous 25 years of wins, only the current loss. Farragut played great and deserves Kudos for a great game and gameplan. Congratulations Farragut and Go Cats! We need to step up with some heart and play a game consistent with our abilities.

Ole Dad

What do you mean I had no part in the previous 25 years? You don't even know me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I played on the 1979 & 1980 state championship team. And the 1980 team was number 3 in the USA. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And another lie, you said I only had a part in the current loss.....wrong again. I had had nothing to do with the current loss, I least I hope I didn't /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Dad, you must be have Alzheimers or Advanced Dementia or something.....you don't even know me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just saying the Oak Ridge Wildcat fans should come out and support our team 100%!! I think you should get your facts right before you start talking about people you don't even know.

Well just in my personal opinion, footballfan999, I believe the division is not in the playing time, but in the starters. I believe that this is also a frustration and know that its a frustration with the crowd how all well here and see on the field is around 14-20 players play in a tough game. Which dont get me wrong thats not a bad thing but to have your starting qb and your starting runningback playing offense and defense. I believe that there is alot of talent on that OR sideline that is not being taken advantage of. Either way it will be a great game, both teams have alot to play for. OR coming after a dissapointing season last year and DB not making it far in the playoffs in a couple years. It will come down to who can keep the mistakes to a minimum, and who wants it more. Its gonna be a great and I hope to see everyone there

Part of this sounds like some of the post I've read on DB's earlier game post. Coaching is like American politics. Every move they make is going to make part of the people mad every time,and some of the people all of the time.I think we both have programs,{present and past} that most fans would die for.I think our coach and his staff are great and wouldn't trade them for very many staffs around the state!I'd still like to see the play ran into the game on offense for DB.I'd like to see us use a 42 on defense with our best linebackers in the game,Taylor 33 and kilgore 18 to start things off. I'd like to see some changes in our special teams,punt returns for sure or just don't put anybody back . I'd like to see some people out of the game when we have a game won,so we don't have to go deeper down the bench to start another game.That's a short list when your talking about hundreds of coaching moves during a season.

What do you mean I had no part in the previous 25 years? You don't even know me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I played on the 1979 & 1980 state championship team. And the 1980 team was number 3 in the USA. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And another lie, you said I only had a part in the current loss.....wrong again. I had had nothing to do with the current loss, I least I hope I didn't /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Dad, you must be have Alzheimers or Advanced Dementia or something.....you don't even know me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just saying the Oak Ridge Wildcat fans should come out and support our team 100%!! I think you should get your facts right before you start talking about people you don't even know.

Ole Dad is referring to the fact that your post sounded like sour grapes. You were trying to minimize Farragut's win. Well they won and we need to pull ourselves up and do better. We have lots of talent. We can certainly do well.

Ironelite, I agree with all that you said. Good luck on Friday!!!

That's not what you said and it's still the most stupid post I have ever read.

Ole Dad

And if you played then...I am sure I know you.

Hey Dad you CAN tell he went to Oak Ridge, he can put his thoughts into words and then put them on paper. Or here on a computer screen. In a manner we can read , I might add.

By the way I think you are on the wrong person down in Nashville. Big John is the son and Lemont is the dad. And Lemont is the one postiing or at least trying to.

Anybody in Kingsport remember Ron and Don Wright? They used to give out Tenn Dog Whoppins!!

Yep, too much golfing and surfing. LOLThanks,Ole Dad

"Ole Dad" may have been out in that Vero Beach sunshine to long....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .... Just Kidding...... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If I was him I would stop posting when I am getting spanked....son or Dad.Talk to you soon.Ole Dad

Hey Dad you CAN tell he went to Oak Ridge, he can put his thoughts into words and then put them on paper. Or here on a computer screen. In a manner we can read , I might add. By the way I think you are on the wrong person down in Nashville. Big John is the son and Lemont is the dad. And Lemont is the one postiing or at least trying to.