Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

I just read the players of the week.I've got no problem with Taylor being our best player most any week.On the other hand,if any team that watches a DB game film just leaves a running back to block our little LB on the far left side of their offensive end ?They could then slip the back into the flat whenever they want or put passes behind the little blitz as WB did.If I can see it,you know a good 5a coach will see it.They can just run over that side as Karns did until we went to a 42 with Taylor and Kilgore.

Jeeez, I have been saying that all year. Although 47 is a leader in tackles, it is tackle or NOTHING, He bltzes 90%. They will pick on him. I dont think the big man's shoulder will allow him to go both ways the entire game. They may need another big man SC for the 4-2 defense. If GC or some coach doesnt get some nads and yank 10 on the punt returns this will be our last week of posting. 10, in case the coach hasnt told you GET AWAY FROM THE BALL WHEN IT IS ROLLING!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of this sounds like some of the post I've read on DB's earlier game post. Coaching is like American politics. Every move they make is going to make part of the people mad every time,and some of the people all of the time.I think we both have programs,{present and past} that most fans would die for.I think our coach and his staff are great and wouldn't trade them for very many staffs around the state!I'd still like to see the play ran into the game on offense for DB.I'd like to see us use a 42 on defense with our best linebackers in the game,Taylor 33 and kilgore 18 to start things off. I'd like to see some changes in our special teams,punt returns for sure or just don't put anybody back . I'd like to see some people out of the game when we have a game won,so we don't have to go deeper down the bench to start another game.That's a short list when your talking about hundreds of coaching moves during a season.

You also forgot #10 behind center, tell me how does a QB go 1 for 12 passing last game, 4 td 5 int, 40% completion rate all yr and get this kind of praise that hes gotten the last couple wks, Im not saying to totally dog the kid but i just dont understand how these stats get unnoticed, If you never went to a game u would think #7 was the greatest QB around here just by the press and radio coverage, I also like how GC will manipulate the stats to get his favorites player of the wk ( #33 player of the wk every game ), Anyway lets hope OR dont stack the box like SHHS or this could be another early exit. DB- 14 OR- 13

You also forgot #10 behind center, tell me how does a QB go 1 for 12 passing last game, 4 td 5 int, 40% completion rate all yr and get this kind of praise that hes gotten the last couple wks, Im not saying to totally dog the kid but i just dont understand how these stats get unnoticed, If you never went to a game u would think #7 was the greatest QB around here just by the press and radio coverage, I also like how GC will manipulate the stats to get his favorites player of the wk ( #33 player of the wk every game ), Anyway lets hope OR dont stack the box like SHHS or this could be another early exit. DB- 14 OR- 13

Give it up TitanVol.The season is about over.His mom will get GC on you! Maybe R.Spivey will brag on somebody new this week.

Anybody know the series history between DB vs. OR? I know they played first in 1960 and since then DB has beaten OR more times than any other team and OR has beated DB more times than any other team, since 1960.

DB is the only team to beat OR twice in 1 season (did it twice) and OR has beaten DB twice in the same year as well., not sure if anyone else has, doubt it.

I would like to see the:

All-time series nubmers

Clarks record against OR

Stephens record against DB

Playoff record in the series

Any streak that is alive, if any

My guess is, some Wildcat fan can put that together in just a couple of min.

My favorite team vs my 2nd favorite team in the Playoffs. DB has payback on their minds. It's should be a great game with great football weather. I just hope Ron Wright doesn't come out and stick his cigar in someone's eye, you can put an eye out like that.

Roll Tribe Roll

Just about 45 hours till kick off, man this is going to be a great friday night, it's the play-offs D-B vs. Oak Ridge at the "Fred"! WOW can it get any better (well yeah, with a win friday night).

Does anybody know how many times D-B has met Oak Ridge in the play-offs over all?

I know the boys will be ready to go to work friday, hope the weather co-operates a little!

Everyone come early and be prepared to stay late this game is gonna be a doozie!

To all the Oak Ridge parents have a safe trip up to the "reservation"!

GOOD LUCK TRIBE AND WILDCATS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE ARE...... D-B!!!!!

To all the Oak Ridge parents have a safe trip up to the "reservation"!

DB has put a BRAND NEW "port o pottie" behind the bleachers for your convenience! The rest rooms in the BRAND NEW $1,000,000 concession stand will most likely be locked!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

DB has put a BRAND NEW "port o pottie" behind the bleachers for your convenience! The rest rooms in the $1,000,000 concession stand will most likley be locked!

Well, all I can suggest is try the door. The building will be open for its third week this Friday so I hope that any construction crew can get bathroom utilities, plumbing, etc. installed in those three weeks or more.

My advice, just try the door.

You have to give it to us though, its a definite improvement.

Anybody know the series history between DB vs. OR? I know they played first in 1960 and since then DB has beaten OR more times than any other team and OR has beated DB more times than any other team, since 1960.

DB is the only team to beat OR twice in 1 season (did it twice) and OR has beaten DB twice in the same year as well., not sure if anyone else has, doubt it.

I would like to see the:

All-time series nubmers

Clarks record against OR

Stephens record against DB

Playoff record in the series

Any streak that is alive, if any

Here you go.

Oak Ridge leads all-time 19-15-1

Oak Ridge leads regular season 15-11-1

Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett are 4-4 in playoff meetings

Oak Ridge has won the last 2 playoff meetings in '04 (24-14) and '03 (35-17)

Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett have met twice in the same season 6 times, splitting the games on 3 occasions ('04, '03 & '00), the Wildcats sweeping in '99, while D-B swept in both '98 & '97.

Stevens is 2-1 vs. D-B (no playoff games)

Graham is 10-8 vs. OR (includes 4-3 playoff edge)

How can you call someone out about bringing something up, when they were only responding to your reply. In case you have a short memory I have quoted it for you. You mentioned the Farragut game. Maybe you should follow your own advice instead of calling names.

I was writing about what someone wrote on post #9 by Paytonmanning118:

Quote: "I think Oak Ridge rolled over last night agianst Farragut and will roll over agianst DB. As For farragut we would rather demolish oak Ridge agian".

Even the Kingsport Fans got upset about what Paytonmanning118 said.

Now.......back to the Oak Ridge and Kingsport DB game, one thing to keep in mind about the first meeting was the story off the field for Oak Ridge. The right side of the starting offensive line didn’t play for the Wildcats, but were forced to watch from the sidelines while dressed out. Tony Carson and Alex Stuart should be ready to go this week and could be the difference when all is said and done.

DB is a much better team now and the Wildcats will have to improve greatly to advance to the second round.

Perhaps the Wildcats will dig deep, be a little upset and come out and show they are ready for a deep playoff run.

Or Dobyns-Bennett ends some playoff futility and advances. We will find out Friday night.

It will be a great game as it always is between two great high school football teams with a lot of history. I wish both teams well.

GO WILDCATS !