Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

FYI - the D-B Spirit Shakers (the dance team) are sponsoring a tailgate dinner Friday night in the lobby of the Buck Van Huss Dome...they are serving chili and all the fixun's from The Happy Hostess (a Downtown Kingsport restaurant)...they are serving from 5:00pm until almost kickoff (7:00pm)...drink included for only $6.00...it is a fundraiser for the Spirit Shakers...everyone is welcome and invited.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The young man (Johnathan Metcalf) who was critically injured last week has passed away. The Indian nation grieves. Lat weeks game was dedicated to him. Pray for his family.

There is no amount of words that could express my simpathy for this Father and Mother. This truly puts a game into prospective.I hope that the family of this young man can find peace as soon as possible.

Wow I dont know the story on the boy??? What happened, and coming from someone that is a strong believer in the one true God I will be praying for the boys family and for all kingsport. But the great thing about the OR-DB game, is that its by two classy teams. Both teams have tremendous respect for each other and thats why this is the best game of the year in the entire state. When its all said and done at the end of the night one team will walk away with a win, but both teams will have their heads held high and shake hands. Thats the great thing about DB-OR. I am personally a Oak Ridge fan and love going to DB because of the respect that they have for us and vice-versa. Its going to be a great game guys and I'm hoping to see everyone up there. O and one thing, has DB painted the endzones with that striping???

Wow I dont know the story on the boy??? What happened, and coming from someone that is a strong believer in the one true God I will be praying for the boys family and for all kingsport. But the great thing about the OR-DB game, is that its by two classy teams. Both teams have tremendous respect for each other and thats why this is the best game of the year in the entire state. When its all said and done at the end of the night one team will walk away with a win, but both teams will have their heads held high and shake hands. Thats the great thing about DB-OR. I am personally a Oak Ridge fan and love going to DB because of the respect that they have for us and vice-versa. Its going to be a great game guys and I'm hoping to see everyone up there. O and one thing, has DB painted the endzones with that striping???

The field was painted up last week

I have to say, if you are a student, that you are extremely well spoken!!

Heartfelt condolences from Blount County. I can't bring myself to imagine the pain they must be feeling.

Pain, yes. But strength too - Much more than I would be able to muster I'm afraid. Note the journal entry and other stuff.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jonmetcalf

Last week's game was dedicated to Jon. Seem to me this week's should be dedicated to his family.

About the game. DB's last encounter with Oak Ridge was a close one. It was a win for the Wildcats but it was not easy for them. What I am hearing from the OR fan base is that the Cats have not improved remarkably in the ensuing weeks. I know that is not the fact for DB. There has been dramatic improvement, not all due to playing "weak" teams, IMO. The D has remained strong and the offense has improved remarkably. If they could just reliably catch the ball, things would really "fall into place" (he, he)+. Field goals were terribly executed early on. They're not stellar now but reasonable most of the time. I think DB takes this one by 2 TD's and possibly a field goal to top it off.

Frankly I think what happened to OR last week was more fluke than substance. I don't think it would be so lopsided if they were to get the opportunity to take on the Admirals again. However I'm hoping they don't - this year. I'm hoping to make a trip to Knoxville next week. I'd love to see how Region 1 #2 stacks up to Region 1 #1.

I hope all the OR fans and team a safe journey to Kingsport tomorrow night.Both teams come into this game with high hopes.Strong traditions and a great rivalry.It is good not to be overrated for a change for DB.Make no excuses,leave it all on the field.Lets see what both teams are made of.Get it DONE!