Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cletus!! You Wildcat fans are the best!!

1 other question on the series that I thought of after my post

What is OR record @ J.Fred Johnson Stadium?

My pleasure. It's interesting stuff to look at. Should be a great game and a great setting -- wish I could be there.

I'm actually not a Wildcat fan; I simply enjoy high school football, especially at this time of the year. Unfortunately, I can't help with Oak Ridge's record at J. Fred. For that you'll likely need the services of a true Wildcat fan.

The good news is that you just signed up and have only posted 11 times, otherwise you would have had more than 11 ignorant posts. It's ok, we will wait for you to catch a clue and grow up.

Ole Dad

I don't think "Ole Dad" has been out in the sun to long. I just think he is the dumbest person in the history of Coach T. Each time he puts up a post it just shows his ignorance. This is a post about about Oak Ridge and Kingsport DB, it's not about Farragut and Oak Ridge. If people want to write about Farragut they should, on the Oak Ridge and Faragut post. Some people are just to dumb to understand that. It was a great win by Farragut and they should brag about it, ON THE Farragut and Oak Ridge post. This is about Oak Ridge and Kingsport DB. "Ole Dad" you belong in a mental Hospital or nusing home. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO WILDCATS !

Art,

The statistical data I have shows the records between the two schools as follows:

Overall

Oak Ridge 19 Dobyns-Bennett 16

@ J. Fred

Oak Ridge 9 Dobyns-Bennett 8

@ the Ship

Oak Ridge 10 Dobyns-Bennett 8

Playoffs:

Overall

Oak Ridge 4 Dobyns-Bennett 4

@ J. Fred

Oak Ridge 1 Dobyns-Bennett 2

@ the Ship

Oak Ridge 3 Dobyns-Bennett 2

Coach Graham Clark vs. Oak Ridge:

Overall

Dobyns-Bennett 10 Oak Ridge 8

@ J. Fred

Dobyns-Bennett 5 Oak Ridge 4

@ the Ship

Dobyns-Bennett 5 Oak Ridge 4

Playoffs w/Coach Clark:

Overall

Dobyns-Bennett 4 Oak Ridge 3

@ J. Fred

Dobyns-Bennett 2 Oak Ridge 1

@ the Ship

Dobyns-Bennett 2 Oak Ridge 2

Roll Tribe Roll

Oak Ridge leads all-time 19-15-1

Oak Ridge leads regular season 15-11-1

Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett are 4-4 in playoff meetings

Oak Ridge has won the last 2 playoff meetings in '04 (24-14) and '03 (35-17)

Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett have met twice in the same season 6 times, splitting the games on 3 occasions ('04, '03 & '00), the Wildcats sweeping in '99, while D-B swept in both '98 & '97.

Stevens is 2-1 vs. D-B (no playoff games)

Graham is 10-8 vs. OR (includes 4-3 playoff edge)

Given the slight discrepancy in the overall numbers included here and in the immediately preceding post, it looks like a question over the tie. According to http://hsfs2.ortn.edu/myschool/bsaunders/football/ , OR and D-B tied at 14 in 1960 (their first ever meeting). For the playoff meetings you can cross reference the site that has the OR records with the TSSAA ( http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/fbplayoff.cfm ). In doing this, I get 4 playoff wins for each in their postseason head-to-heads.

'89 OR 28-21

'97 DB 26-7

'98 DB 24-21

'99 OR 28-25

'00 DB 32-6

'02 DB 21-14

'03 OR 35-17

'04 OR 24-14

Yeah, it's correct, 287 for Sterling. They had another back that rushed for over 100, we gave up about 500 total, it was pitiful and painful to watch. The D had been pretty stout all year up until last game. We never answered the bell, and tackled worse than UT secondary on a bad day.

I wish they had waited another week to have a break down. Now you just know they have been working hard all week to fix the problem and will be on top of their game Friday night. Hopefully DB will be also.

'Ole Dad' dateNov 8 2007

The good news is that you just signed up and have only posted 11 times, otherwise you would have had more than 11 ignorant posts. It's ok, we will wait for you to catch a clue and grow up.

Ole Dad

You have a long history on Coach T about putting down everyone that doesn't agree with you, not just me but a lot of people. Sounds like you are the one who is ignorant. You don't even live in Tennesseee, have you even seen Oak Ridge play this year? Why don't you give this a rest. We don't agree on some things and let it go. You don't write about football, most of your posts are only about putting other people down. It's time to let it go and talk about football. That is "if" you have enough knowledge about any high school football team in Tennessee to write about them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In case you are having memory problems I will quote just a few of your other posts, it seems like you can't get along with anyone /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The topic about the Coaching Situation" on Oct. 5, 2007 you wrote:

"JE,

Whatever you're smoking just send me half of one. I have been calling for the investigation to run it's course and doubting the reports and you attack me for being a "Stevens Hater"? But, the one thing I will say is that your entire argument about "Stevens just trying to protect his turf like any home team should do", is bunk. He is not the security guard, a policeman or employed in any capacity to confront law breaking citizens.

Ole Dad"

The topic about the Father Ryan and Memphis University School Sports University School game" on Nov. 8, 2007 you wrote:

"Bounder,

Whoever it is writing those stupid posts has about a 5th grade education and should stop embarrassing themselves by posting on here or anywhere else.

Ole Dad"

Like I said, you can't get along with anyone. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO WILDCATS !!

DB has put a BRAND NEW "port o pottie" behind the bleachers for your convenience! The rest rooms in the BRAND NEW $1,000,000 concession stand will most likely be locked!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Old Injun saying: Locked door of pottie tee pee = occupied, cross em legs!