Oak Ridge @ Dobyns-Bennett

nothing to do with the game but I am totally discouraged that they never mentioned Jon Metcalf and recognized one of the fallen students at this high school. He was a student as well as an athlete at this school and I understand a friend to many football players. The team saw fit to dedicate this game to him by wearing #18 on there uniforms and I think he deserved to be recognized and honored BY NAME and not just a generic "moment of silence" that some may not have even been aware of what it was for. I actually was angry at that point and I was very disheartened as a fan of this school knowing that it meant a lot to the team and to Graham. Sometimes we put so much into the outcome of a game and forget these are kids that we pull for.

Didn't you see his name on the 18 yard line?

The team went their and had a pray for him before the game. vb

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome game last night! It is so unfortunate that someone had to lose this game.

To the Oak Ridge players, keep your heads up you guys played great, you played with passion, desire, and the heart of a champion! You should be proud of your season, thier are alot of teams across the state that would die for a season like the one you had! I always look forward to these games, I know that these games will be hard fought and always a joy to watch no matter which team wins. I enjoy watching kids giving it thier all on the field.

To the Oak Ridge seniors, Congratulation on a awesome high school career each and everyone of you should be proud to be part of such a classy football program. Also hold those heads high knowing that you made your parents, teachers, fellow students, and your alumni very proud. You also did your part to keep your tradition rich program respected, look back on your football career at Oak Ridge High School and be VERY proud, now take that torch and pass it on to the underclassmen and let them know that you are going to hold them accountable for keeping the tradition alive and strong! Good Luck to all your future endeavors!

Now to all my Tribesmen, Great performance last night that was just another classic in the Oak Ridge D-B history books it definatly measured up to all the other match ups, You guys played with every ounce of strength you could find, Chris, Lane D., Lane T., and the rest of the D WOW what can be said about those performances except "awesome"! Rest up and get ready to take to Farragut, Have a great week of practice!

You are on a mission, one step at a time!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well guys........I am very sad right now, I am no longer a wildcat player. I am now a supporter. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> This has me very upset right now that it was the last time I will put on that OR uniform. What I do have though is the memory of my last game at DB. It has been my dream since I was little to play for OR and to play DB here or there. I give my hat off to DB on a well fought game, they came out and played the game we all love with more heart than we did. Well out of the 15 players that played, they had more heart. I think, no I know for a fact that this Wildcat Senior Class had the potential to win the state game but I dont believe it was taken advantage of. Like someone said earlier about a senior not playing on DB that should be. At OR we had many people that were not used to their potential. My hats are off to the DB players and their coaches for a well season and I hope for them to win it all. I said that as we(the players) were shaking hands after the game. I love this game and it will always have a special place in me. It doesn't get bigger than this and I wish this game could've been for the State Championship. That would be a awsome game. Just in my opinion, I believe that the 3rd and 4th Round of the eastern TN playoffs are better than the state games, at least in 5A.

Well guys........I am very sad right now, I am no longer a wildcat player. I am now a supporter. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> This has me very upset right now that it was the last time I will put on that OR uniform. What I do have though is the memory of my last game at DB. It has been my dream since I was little to play for OR and to play DB here or there. I give my hat off to DB on a well fought game, they came out and played the game we all love with more heart than we did. Well out of the 15 players that played, they had more heart. I think, no I know for a fact that this Wildcat Senior Class had the potential to win the state game but I dont believe it was taken advantage of. Like someone said earlier about a senior not playing on DB that should be. At OR we had many people that were not used to their potential. My hats are off to the DB players and their coaches for a well season and I hope for them to win it all. I said that as we(the players) were shaking hands after the game. I love this game and it will always have a special place in me. It doesn't get bigger than this and I wish this game could've been for the State Championship. That would be a awsome game. Just in my opinion, I believe that the 3rd and 4th Round of the eastern TN playoffs are better than the state games, at least in 5A.

Good luck young man in your future.I had the earlier post with you and all the seniors on both teams in mind.You can allways take pride in the way your team fought on the road against DB in the cold and rain.

As I said earlier, you are quite a well spoken young man. I am certain there are 2 parents in Oak Ridge who are extremely proud of their son. I don't know how much playing time you got, but you can be sure the team was better with you on it. Best of luck in the future!!!

The pass was caught even though it was over his head and the defender knocked crawford out off bounds while he was in the air.Far from a strike.If he had of hung on it would have been a great play.It is not hard to see how one receiver is catching balls right to him and another has to make good plays or fight for the ball with the defender to keep him from intercepting.As far as being covered on the post route#10 was open at the begining of the play.QB has to look.

It was a strike. Crawford has to make that catch. He wasn't open earlier in the route either. I thought the db had a play on the ball but it was over his head. Crawford just didn't come up with it. He has to make those catches. He is talented and I've seen him make tough catches. I have also seen him drop catchable balls. They need him to make the catches.

Well at the DB I got 0 playing time. Ya well Ive done all I can and now I can just move on into track. Track is my sport and I came to football after 2 years of hearing if you'll come out you'll start at reciever. Haha that was a joke but not a waste of time, being apart of this team was an awsome experience that I wouldnt trade for anything, even if I didn't agree with the coaching. Don't know if anyone keeps up with track but sectionals should be in the DB area this year so some people need to come see me light up the track.

Well at the DB I got 0 playing time. Ya well Ive done all I can and now I can just move on into track. Track is my sport and I came to football after 2 years of hearing if you'll come out you'll start at reciever. Haha that was a joke but not a waste of time, being apart of this team was an awsome experience that I wouldnt trade for anything, even if I didn't agree with the coaching. Don't know if anyone keeps up with track but sectionals should be in the DB area this year so some people need to come see me light up the track.

What you are saying about coaches making promises and not keeping them at OR, I also have heard that from others. Well, the season is over and this was perceived to be a team that was loaded with talent, so the coaches will have to answer for the results. IMHO they played too many both ways and didn't let some juniors and seniors develop because sophomores were in. Well, good luck with track.

As others have said, I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. I would certainly have been proud to call you "my son". I hope these feelings between these two great schools towards each other continue down the path of being sister schools and that the rivalry will always be one of great respect - which is unlike what it is between too many other schools.

My daughter is a senior too, at Dobyns Bennett. Difference is, she is in the marching band. There are lots of feelings there too. Friday night was her last night at a home game as a member of that organization. The good thing is that you can only have such feelings if what you are a member of is something that you took great pride in and enjoyed. That normally means that you put forth your best effort. And that is a good thing.

Best of luck to you as you go forward in life. And if you end up in Oak Ridge, be sure to stay a loyal fan and do what it takes to help make Oak Ridge High School, and all their programs, the best they can be. What you've experienced is not just about football. It's about life.

As others have said, I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. I would certainly have been proud to call you "my son". I hope these feelings between these two great schools towards each other continue down the path of being sister schools and that the rivalry will always be one of great respect - which is unlike what it is between too many other schools.

My daughter is a senior too, at Dobyns Bennett. Difference is, she is in the marching band. There are lots of feelings there too. Friday night was her last night at a home game as a member of that organization. The good thing is that you can only have such feelings if what you are a member of is something that you took great pride in and enjoyed. That normally means that you put forth your best effort. And that is a good thing.

Best of luck to you as you go forward in life. And if you end up in Oak Ridge, be sure to stay a loyal fan and do what it takes to help make Oak Ridge High School, and all their programs, the best they can be. What you've experienced is not just about football. It's about life.

DBGRAD, Even though OR has a terrific band, I was greatly impressed with DB's band. How many kids are in band and how many trucks does it take to get you guys around? Just curious...